New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Pleasant downtown location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Half Shell Oyster House

Half Shell Oyster House
Ranked #2 of 219 Restaurants in Biloxi
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Gulfport, Mississippi
“Pleasant downtown location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We are locals. Half Shell is relatively new to us. Had lunch on one occasion. Atmosphere was great. Service was prompt and efficient. And the food was very good, including the price.

Visited June 2013

damascus,ar
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We ate there twice on our vac. to Biloxi. Had the Oyster sampler which is oysters fixed 4 different ways. All very good. the next time we went had a dozen of the Orleans oysters, we liked them the best. For boiled shrimp they are called Reds very large and good boiled shrimp, if you eat here and like boiled shrimp must try. For drinks they fix the best Pina Colada I have ever had. I had four of them and wanted more and they have a pretty good kick to them. Everything was excellent, a little pricey but worth it.
Gary & Wilma Waits, Arkansas

Rockwall, Texas
“One of the Best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I was in town for one night while passing through and wanted seafood, of course.
I found this spectacular restaurant on YELP.
What a find! I truly wish I lived closer and could visit more frequently!
The Voo Doo Shrimp App is ok-not a big breaded shrimp fan.

The wine list is small but a good variety. The bar area looked inviting and the entire two story restaurant was quite nice: you could definitely dress casual for this beach town but dress up for a special evening out as well.

Service was very good-our server was quite attentive and fairly knowledgeable regarding the daily specials and items on the menu.
I had a daily special of grilled fish with grits and green beans-it was very very good! I would eat it again. We also tried the bread pudding dessert-probably will try something different next time, but it was good (just quite rich).
If you are in the area, you should definitely go. I would recommend Half Shells very highly!

• 3 of 5 stars
Biloxi, Mississippi
“Aaaaamazing Oysters!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I never really cared for oysters; slimy things that they are, but then I tried the Orleans oysters here and I'm sold! These things are OMG amazing! They season them with a spicy cajun seasoning and then charbroil them right over an open flame and serve them fresh and hot! I never thought I would like oysters because of their slimy texture, but these are truly delicious and not slimy at all! They have a good, meaty texture, (still just ever so slightly chewy) and great flavor! You gotta try them if you go to this place. They may change your opinion about oysters!

Visited August 2012
Columbus, Mississippi
“Great Staff!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

My colleagues and I went to Biloxi to attend a school. After a long week, Friday finally came. We decided to go out to eat at the Half Shell Oyster House. The hostess seated us on the second story. Our table was beside a window that overlooked what appeared to be the Biloxi court house. It was a nice view. The waiter was prompt to come over to our table. We started out with the "Voodoo Chicken Wings". The sauce used was not spicy and tasted great. It was a sweet sauce. I would recommend this starter. They also offer the voodoo sauce on shrimp. My colleague purchased the shrimp and also commented on how good the sauce was.
My main meal was the Bacon and Pecan Crusted Red Fish. This was the best dish I have had in a long time. I give this dish an "A+" in my book. The restaurant was busy, but our waiter did not let our drinks go empty and took great care of my table. If you are in Biloxi, I would recommend you to try this place out. They have a great staff and great food.

One thing, the stairs leading upstairs are a bit steep.

• 5 of 5 stars

Been to Half Shell Oyster House? Share your experiences!