“Just continues to be good” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 220 Restaurants in Biloxi
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Cajun & Creole
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
United States
“Just continues to be good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We have been here in the past and always enjoyed. This trip no exception as we ate here two times. Sat downstairs in the bar and enjoyed the Royal Reds and Orleans oysters. Just fantastic. If you haven't tried them they are a must. Later we ate at the upstairs bar. Tried the plain charbroiled oysters and the fried green tomatoes with a half shell salad. All were good. The several times that we have eaten here the staff has always been super, the food has always been good and we have enjoyed every meal. Just a short walk from the Beau or Hardrock and definitely worth it.

Visited May 2013

Germantown, Tennessee
“Great atmosphere and service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We ate here our first night in town. There was no wait. Atmosphere was great! Great service! Oysters were good.. Royal reds were not eatable which was disappointing but server handled immediately without any problems. Crabcakes and fried green tomatoes were phenomenal!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Overland Park, Kansas
“A Great Experience - Start to Finish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

This is our second trip to Biloxi. We visited in summer 2012 and are back again now (summer 2013). Both trips, after checking into our hotel, we asked for restaurant recommendations from the hotel front desk staff. We received recommendations both trips for the Half Shell Oyster House. We actually stopped by the restaurant last year but there was a line half way around the building and we were too hungry to wait. This year, we decided to go early (around 4:00 on a Sunday afternoon) and hope there wasn't a line or wait getting in. This strategy paid off.

From the moment we entered the front door, the experience we had at Half Shell Oyster House was excellent. We were greeted with a smile by the hostess, and our server, Megan provided excellent personal service. She did an excellent job in explaining the specials and demonstrated excellent knowledge on all parts of the menu we had questions about. My wife and son (age 12) decided to split a meal. Megan actually split the meal into 2 "half portions" so that each of them had their own. It is this kind of personal service and attention to detail that sets excellent servers apart from their peers.

In addition to the great service we received, the food was excellent. My wife and son split the Seafood Platter and I had the Paneed Flounder. I had never had flounder served in this manner and it was an extremely pleasant surprise. I know my wife and son enjoyed the seafood platter as well. The other surprise here were the sides we ordered. They got the Cheddar Cheese Grits and I got the Cajun Boiled Parmesan and Garlic New Fried Potatoes. All I can say there is WOW. Typically when I try new sides I had not seen or heard of before, it is a real iffy situation. That was not the case here. Both of these dishes delivered in spades. We split an order of the Cinnamon Roll Bread Pudding to finish up the meal. This was an excellent desert and we are glad we selected it.

I now understand why there was such a long waiting line at the restaurant when we visited last year. I took time after we finished to compliment the whole experience to the manager. This is not a common occurrence for me. My wife and I both spent time years ago in the restaurant business and know what it takes to put together an experience like this. All I can say is this was a job beyond well done. My hat is off to the restaurant and its staff.

• Visited June 2013
Memphis, Tennessee
“Awesome Royal Reds”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

The royal reds here are awesome. We also had the fried platter it was ok. And I had a stuffed portabella mushroom dish that was also very good.

Visited April 2013
“Seafood So FRESH and TASTY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

My wife and I was on the Mississippi Gulf Coast this weekend for a police motorcycle competition. We arrived about 8:30pm and after checking in we went here to eat. The location and decor of the building is very inviting. It looks like it's in a refurbished downtown Biloxi historic building. The inside has exposed brick and painted walls and lighting is good enough to let you peruse the menu but also romantic at the same time. I ordered the oyster sampler as an appetizer and it was very tasty. As our main course I ordered the filet with fried okra and french fries and my wife ordered the half shell chicken with steamed broccoli and Caesar salad. My steak was cooked medium well perfectly. I hardly needed the steak knife. My sides were flavorful and tasty as well. My wife enjoyed her chicken thoroughly and said for steam broccoli had a nice taste. The service was excellent and friendly. I which I could remember the young lady's name. We called before going and was told about fifteen minutes but when we arrived we were promptly seated. This place is worth any person looking for a great meal in Biloxi. You will not be disappointed.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars

Been to Half Shell Oyster House? Share your experiences!