“Very Good Food”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Salado, Texas
“Very Good Food”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

This restaurant has 3 locations (Gulfport, Biloxi, and Hattisburg) We were pleasantly surprised when we arrived for lunch. We were seated immediately, and the server was right there ready to help us decide what to have. She offered several options and gave us her opinion as to her favorites and what was good.

We had the Royal Reds (big, sweet Cajun boiled gulf shrimp) fried shrimp platter (dredged in cornflour) and chargrilled asparagus with Gorgonzola Butter.

The meal was very good and tasty and was fresh. Server said that they get most of the seafood from the Quality Seafood Market a few blocks away.

This is a full service restaurant that serves lunch and dinner and closes in the late evening. The menu is mostly seafood with some meat and burgers for those who do not like seafood.

The cost of the food is moderate and to be expected for sit-down service.

Overall, a great alternative to the buffets and overpriced restaurants in the casinos.

Visited April 2013

Willowbrook, Illinois
“Great seafood”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Call ahead and put your name in before you go....got seated a couple minutes after we got there...sat downstairs but upstairs might be nicer...food was excellent...

Visited April 2013
1 Thank msCoots
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Good food, terrible service”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I went here around 8 on a Wednesday after seeing favorable reviews. The food was great. The service was not. There was a wait for a table to I decided to take a chance at the upstairs bar. After waiting a solid 15 minutes for anyone to acknowledge my presence I finally got the bartender's attention and got a drink and a menu. This is where things went south. I literally waited another 30 minutes after getting the menu for the bartender to take my order. Trust me, I have all the respect in the world for a busy food service worker...I've been one before. But there were 2 bartenders tending a bar with only 10-15 people. It was as though she was actively trying not to help me. Anyway, I finally got my food and it was solid. Not amazing, but good. I'd give the food a 7/10. Honestly, I probably won't go back just because of the service.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Ian P
Athens, Georgia
“Good Oysters!”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Great service. Good atmosphere. Walking distance from the Beau. Would recommend reservations. Enjoyed the sampler oyster platter. Somewhat pricey!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank letsgo1111
Trenton
“2nd verse same as the 1st”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

1st time was March of last year (2012) on our annual golf trip and i wrote didn't like oysters untill i had them here so we had to go back and have them again. The same 5 guys returned one year later to find the same great service and the worlds best oysters. They were so good that we ate 19 dozen and had 7 bottle's of wine (not sure, it might have been 8 or 9) but boo's counting after 2. Good thing our hotel took us and picked us up after.

• Visited March 2013

Been to Half Shell Oyster House? Share your experiences!