“Eat here not the casinos” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Half Shell Oyster House

Half Shell Oyster House
Ranked #2 of 220 Restaurants in Biloxi
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Cajun & Creole
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Port Huron, Michigan
“Eat here not the casinos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

After a very dissappointing meal at the Hard Rock Cafe I pulled out Tripadvisor and discovered some authentic seafood just a block away. Would recommend the fried green tomatoes and crab cakes; very light batter and delicious sauce. My husband is not a seafood lover but said he has a new 'favorite dish' after trying the seafood pasta (shrimp, crab, crawfish)! While I was looking for gulf seafood I was very pleased with the Royal Reds; shrimp from deepwater Atlantic. They were cajun boiled, served with drawn butter and were sweeter like lobster. Very reasonably priced restaurant with a local flavor. Try it!

• Visited March 2013

Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Run don't walk!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Delicious food great service! If you visit Biloxi you shouldn't miss it. Oyster appetizer was excellent. Royal reds were delicious! Fried oysters were sweet and succulent. Our waitress Ashley was knowledgable and attentive. We'll be back!

1 Thank Junkinut
Houston
“Quality Gulf Seafood and Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

This place has tasty seafood and the service is good and I have been more a few times. I suggest branching out from the seafood poboy and trying some season and specials, but you can't go wrong with the raw oysters and special shrimp appetizers.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank lipearls
Sherwood, Arkansas
“Best oysters on the Gulf”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We had lunch at the Half Shell and went a little overboard, but it was well worth it. We had the oyster combo platter and it was a delight! My wife had a shrimp dish, and I had the fired oysters. All fresh seafood, and great stuff. Will go back every time I'm in Biloxi.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Johnny909
Charleston, South Carolina
“Noisy, but fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Our local family picked this place to meet as several of us came in from out of town (and out of the country) for a family reunion/birthday party the next day. It was the Friday night before St. Patrick's day and the place was packed and had an active, happy feeling. We used call ahead seating, since there were 7 of us and didn't have much of a wait (10 minutes). The food was great and they brought out a free dessert for my 90 year old Uncle. I would definately go back if I return, unless I decide to try all of the other tempting seafood restaurants. It's hard to decide to stay with one you know is great or explore new places. I had fried shrimp, others hade oysters prepared in several different ways. Nobody ordered anyting very expensive because we were afraid my Uncle would insist on paying the tab for all and didn't want to bankrupt him. I paid for myself and my nephew (age 19), and the bill was much less that I expected. After we had all paid our tab, my Uncle did try to pay for everybody, but we had all beat him to it. He had been talking to everybody and didn't notice us paying our bills (and his). It was a little noisy for a family reunion, but it was fun.

Visited March 2013

Been to Half Shell Oyster House? Share your experiences!