“What you would expect, nothing more or less...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Half Shell Oyster House

Half Shell Oyster House
Ranked #2 of 218 Restaurants in Biloxi
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Cajun & Creole
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“What you would expect, nothing more or less...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

It was good, dont get me wrong, but it was nothing special or unique. I will say portions were very large, making up for slightly high prices. I had tge pecan crusted redfish, and ive definitely had better. My wife had the seafood stuffed portabellas, and they were very good. The highlight, quite franky was her "half shell salad", which was a 2 dollar upgrade but well worth it. The servers all seemed to be going through the motions, as if they were all unhappy. It was weird. I am glad we tried it, but it wouldnt be at the top of my list to return.

• 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars

“Excellent Seafood and not too pricey”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

The bellman at the Grand told us about Half Shell and we enjoyed it so much we ate there twice. The valet will drop you off and pick you up for free. The staff was very friendly and the bartender Linda gave us lots of great ideas of what to do in and around Biloxi. All the food was great, the Fried Green Tomato and Crab Cake appetizers was my favorite and my husband really enjoyed the oysters. He usually prefers raw, but at Half Shell its the Oysters Orleans that stole the show. Don't ask them what's in it, the cook said he had to sign a contract that he wouldn't tell! Unbelievable flavor! I also enjoyed the Southern Pecan BBQ Shrimp and Grits and my husband said the Royal Red Shrimp were better than the lobster we ate the night before at one of the hotel restaurants. Even the fried okra and turnip greens were fantastic. We will be back!

MS Gulf Coast
“Great night!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Excellent food and atmosphere! I would try the sampler oyster plate. Great for groups and special events or just a night out.

Visited November 2012
Mississippi Gulf Coast
“A great local place to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We had dinner there this evening and the food was wonderful. We had their Oysters Bienville and fried Green Tomatoes with Crab Cakes for starters. Both were excellent. For dinner we had the Seafood Pasta and Seafood Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms. They too were excellent. It is nice to have a good restaurant with fresh local seafood and a nice atmosphere.

Biloxi, Mississippi
“Good location and atmosphere and not in a casino”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Met some locals here for lunch. I ordered the oyster sampler, the gumbo, and the smoked salmon appetizer. The food was tasty. Our kids ninja'd all the bread off the salmon appetizer when we weren't looking. We enjoyed both the location and atmosphere but i bet its a little dim inside at night. I am scheming for another meal here on our next trip to the coast.