“Too much fixins fixin the fish”

Half Shell Oyster House
Ranked #1 of 242 Restaurants in Biloxi
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We ate at the bar and enjoyed the excellent service and attention. The oysters were huge, a little too huge for my liking, but they were tasty. Kevil, our shucker, treated us to a sampling of his grilled oysters. Loaded up with butter, garlic , salt and unknown cajun seasonings. They went down well and stayed there 'til morning. It was one nasty gastric distress episode. The same can be said for our other selections, "Shrimp & Grits", "Seafood stuffed Portabello". Here it is more about the coverings (sauces) and additives than it is about the fish. My attitude is, if you enjoy good quality seafood why the need to disguise it.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

The food and atmosphere are both great. Try the Voodoo shrimp-outstanding! They also have great poboys.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Half Shell Oyster satisfied all six diners seeking great tasting seafood with oysters during a recent dinner. If you are seeking tasty oysters you must order the charbroiled oysters, go for the dozen you will not be disappointed. Simply prepared with fresh garlic and a light drizzle of white wine then magically charbroiled these huge, fresh, tasty oysters are worth a visit to Half Shell. If you do not like oysters, then order the tuna. My tuna was perfectly cooked to rare and the steak was so large I took about half of it home. I also ordered a side of the asparagus with cheese, it was good, just a little too much fat in the dish for me. We dined upstairs, the restaurant has character and personality. If you are over 50 you might need to use the flash light app on your phone to read the menu. I am looking forward to a return visit to Half Shell.

1  Thank pegrw
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Went for lunch. Started with the appetizer of oysters. Best I ever had and so flavorful. We oredered the fried oysters, royal red shrimp, and shrimp n grits. Everything was great! The manager was extremely friendly and made sure the service was greatl We had the Bananas Foster Cheesecake for dessert and it was awesome! I would go back for sure. They have great quality food and the staff is very nice.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Stopped over for a quick lunch - had half a dozen oysters on the half shell followed by royal red shrimp and fried boiled potatoes. Both were very fresh and delicious! Sat at the bar and had great service while watching the chefs cook. Will be back next time I am in Biloxi.

1  Thank SoloGal2010

Been to Half Shell Oyster House? Share your experiences!