“Delicious”

Ranked #1 of 247 Restaurants in Biloxi
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Half Shell Oyster satisfied all six diners seeking great tasting seafood with oysters during a recent dinner. If you are seeking tasty oysters you must order the charbroiled oysters, go for the dozen you will not be disappointed. Simply prepared with fresh garlic and a light drizzle of white wine then magically charbroiled these huge, fresh, tasty oysters are worth a visit to Half Shell. If you do not like oysters, then order the tuna. My tuna was perfectly cooked to rare and the steak was so large I took about half of it home. I also ordered a side of the asparagus with cheese, it was good, just a little too much fat in the dish for me. We dined upstairs, the restaurant has character and personality. If you are over 50 you might need to use the flash light app on your phone to read the menu. I am looking forward to a return visit to Half Shell.

1  Thank pegrw
Write a ReviewReviews (2,088)

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Went for lunch. Started with the appetizer of oysters. Best I ever had and so flavorful. We oredered the fried oysters, royal red shrimp, and shrimp n grits. Everything was great! The manager was extremely friendly and made sure the service was greatl We had the Bananas Foster Cheesecake for dessert and it was awesome! I would go back for sure. They have great quality food and the staff is very nice.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Stopped over for a quick lunch - had half a dozen oysters on the half shell followed by royal red shrimp and fried boiled potatoes. Both were very fresh and delicious! Sat at the bar and had great service while watching the chefs cook. Will be back next time I am in Biloxi.

1  Thank SoloGal2010
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Took my family here and we had a very good meal. The Char-broiled oysters, fresh oysters and deep water shrimp were excellent. The quality of the food was great, service was prompt and I thought good value.

Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

Came last summer and loved it enough to return while in area
The raw oysters are fresh and huge but the rest of the meal was average at best
Hubby had a very non traditional oysters rockerfeller . Little spinach or cheese
His gumbo was good
His crab cake had little crab, mostly bread
Food came out one plate at a time bc she "couldnt carry more than one thing" so we ate pretty much separately too
The bread was stale
The crab claws were teeny
Not worth going back

Been to Half Shell Oyster House? Share your experiences!