“Fun with Friends!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dadeville, Alabama, United States
“Fun with Friends!”
Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

Had heard mixed reviews about this restaurant. We went on a beautiful Friday night without reservations and had a very nice experience!! Waited at the bar before being seated, and was served by two nice Oyster Shuckers that were eager to tell us about their menu and let us sample the house favorite, Oysters Orlean. Our wait was only about 20 minutes. Our server for dinner was, fun, prompt, and very educated about the menu! Our drinks were never empty, our food served timely, and the food very good and the price was very reasonable! What more can you ask?? Good Job!

Cadiz, Kentucky
“Two trips in one...first and last”
Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

Sometimes things just don't work out. My wife and I went to dinner at Halfshell Oyster House. After a short wait, we were seated upstairs right next to a cosmetic sales party of 50 plus women. It was understandablely noisy, but we were trying to make the best of it. When the waiter came, we joked about the noise. More people joined the party to the point where we couldn't converse 3 feet away. We ask the waiter about moving. We got every answer and excuse but 'yes'. He sent the manager up, a very young man who offered more excuses, but no solutions. They kept saying "we have people waiting" which I took to mean 'they are more important than you'. Anyway, at my suggestion, we finally dragged the table away from the party which was better. The salads came and immediately, the entrees came and frustrations increased. What about the food you might ask? The oysters and the gumbo were good. Everything else was average. $92.56 later, we were gone.

1 Thank Dan B
Biloxi, Mississippi
“Great seafood at reasonable price! Ten bucks for lunch!”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Had lunch here today since it was only two blocks from the Hard Rock Casino and Beau Rivage so just a quick walk. The ambiance is just wonderful... kind of casual but the wait staff treat you like you are at a fine dining establishment. One friend had the royal red boiled shrimp, one had orleans oysters, one had chargrilled oysters, and I had fried shrimp. I just love fried shrimp when the batter is light and tasty instead of thick. It was perfect. I tasted the chargrilled shrimp and they were fantastic. They bring you a side of horshradish so you can add as much as you need into the cocktail sauce and really spice it up. My friend loved the Orleans oysters and the royal reds. You can have lunch here for ten bucks and the food is just wonderful and so is the service. you can't go wrong here! For dessert we had some bread pudding that was made with cinnamon bread and was quite good but the bananas foster cheesecake was my favorite. Can't wait to come back and try some more dishes!!!!

• Visited September 2012
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“better than most”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

The oysters were very good, some too salty. We had the sampler. Had the blackened tuna sandwich. Nothing blacked about that tuna. However my husband had the seafood potpie and he really liked it. The grits needed more flavor. He added salt, pepper and hot sauce and there were better. Overall, not bad. May come back but will not have the tuna.

Visited September 2012
Buxton, North Dakota
“Excellent Meail and Great Atmosphere”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

This is a great place to enjoy some great seafood. The menu offers a wide variety of oysters and other great seafood. Im not a big fan of oysters but these were amazing! Our server was very knowledgeable and was able to answer any questions we had for regarding food items. I ordered some crab cakes to share with the table and they were excellent. I also enjoyed barbeque shrimp for dinner with a caesar salad and asparagus. The salad was a little over dressed but that was my only very slight complaint to my meal. If you are looking for oysters this is the place to go!

• Visited September 2012

Been to Half Shell Oyster House? Share your experiences!