“Great food! Hidden Gem!”

Half Shell Oyster House
Ranked #1 of 241 Restaurants in Biloxi
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Just found this place several months ago. Now we return every time we are on the coast.m great oysters...raw or grilled. Good fresh seafood. Bananas Foster cheesecake is outstanding. Highly recommend this place.

There are newer reviews for Half Shell Oyster House

Reviewed August 14, 2012

The half shell Biloxi is a great place. Ive been several times and enjoyed every meal there. My favorite item is the shrimp and grits. They serve BBQ shrimp on top of what I would term "grit cakes" and it's just yummy. All of their sides are delicious and dessert was good too. Bananas Foster cheesecake was tasty and rich.

Atmosphere is casual/nice. You'll see people in all sorts of clothes. But, it's nice-ish. So, don't be a slob.

Sometimes it's hard to get in, but, call ahead seating can help.

The only negative I have is that only fathers dish, the same as mine, was too cool. Not cold, but, not really hot. Mine wasn't overly hot that evening either, but this was the first time we've ever had a less than ideal experience there.

I highly recommend it.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

I ate here with a group of eight people. The service staff had no trouble giving us separate checks and provided good service. My food was good, although I felt the char-broiled oysters were a bit over-seasoned. The martini I ordered was excellent.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

My husband and I met our daughter-in-law to have lunch here this past week. It was our first time to eat here and we had a very scrumptious lunch! We started out with appetizers of Oysters Rockefeller and blue crab cakes and cups of seafood gumbo. Our entrees included seafood pasta dishes. We ended the meal, sharing a delicious piece of Key Lime Pie! The service here was polite and efficient. We thoroughly enjoyed our unhurried lunch at this excellent restaurant.

1  Thank Emily M
Reviewed August 9, 2012

My dish was awesome! It was so good, I had to go and taste everyone else's dish at my table...All GREAT! Definitely worth going!

Been to Half Shell Oyster House? Share your experiences!