“Beautiful facilities and expert massage, great experience!”
Review of Senses Spa & Salon

Senses Spa & Salon
Ranked #1 of 3 Spas & Wellness in Biloxi
Brooklyn, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Beautiful facilities and expert massage, great experience!”
Reviewed November 8, 2011

While traveling for business I wasn't able to stay at the IP but I was able to book at "Senses Massage", the equivalent of a Swedish ($95 for 50 minutes). My only regret was that I didn't spring for the full 80 minutes ($150). It's pricey but the massage was terrific and the faciities (which you can use for the entire day of your treatment) were amazing.

The facilities included a locker/dressing area (lockers allow you to set your 4 number code) with private, curtained dressing rooms (photo), a sink and make-up/hair area complete with toiletries, hairdryers (thought the one that was there the day I went wasn't working), curling irons and hair spray. Across from the sink area are two large showers and a handicapped accessible shower the each contain a small stool, shampoo, conditioner and body wash. Down the hall are the hot tub, steam room, sauna and Arctic Snow Room which is a refeshing 55 degrees and feels amazing after sitting in the hot tub for a few minutes. There's a tube near the ceiling that blows cold air and teeny tiny little ice crystals when the door is opened. I went with a male work colleague and he said that the men's side has all the same things with the exception of the Snow Room. He said the men's side has a Rain Room instead and he mentioned he had really been enjoying it. These areas are clothing optional and have a little contraption that will spin the water out of your bathing suit in under a minute. It worked pretty well though the suit wasn't completely dry. It did make it dry enought to be easily carried in my purse for the remainder of the day.

Each side (Men/Women) has a small TV lounge and between both sides is a large, beautifully decorated coed lounge with seating, beverage station (fruit punch-ish juice and lemon water) and coed steam room. Clothing is mandatory in this area (must wear a suit in the steam room and robe in the lounge).

As for the treatment, it was wonderful. David was my first male therapist (they ask when you schedule and I indicated that I didn't have a male/female preference). He was very polite and did a wonderful job of making me feel comfortable. Throughout the massage he would check to make sure the pressure was as I preffered. I like a firm massage and he did a terrific job of delivering just that. He even gave me my first abdomen massage. It sounds strange, I know, but he asked if I would like one and didn't make me feel at all pressured to try. It was very relaxing and I recommend giving it a try if you ever have the opportunity. The pressure was enought that it didn't tickle and light enough that it didn't move things around and make me uncomfortable. The only thing I feel the massage lacked was a head/face massage. This would certainly not deter me from returning and requesting David again, it would just be something I would make sure to request next time.

My male friend that also received a massage gets them pretty regularly at home and raved about his female therapist (I wish I could remember her name). He got the Deep Tissue ($110 for 50 mintues) and even left with a $20 coupon for his next visit. I don't know what I did wrong (I left a bit more than a 30% tip) but I didn't get one :( Either way, both he and I plan on returning before our business trip ends and will be requesting the same therapists.

I recommend if you visit Senses that you arrive early and plan to stay after your treatment to enjoy the facilities. They are truely top notch and I highly recommend a visit if you're in the area.

Visited November 2011