“Good special occasion spot”

Mary Mahoney's Old French House
Ranked #4 of 240 Restaurants in Biloxi
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Marietta, Georgia
“Good special occasion spot”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Went here with the Mrs for Valentines Day---she got the fried oyster plate and I got soft shell crabs, both of which were great! Appetizer was their special snail offering, with a very different worchestershire based gravy instead of garlic butter---good but I like it the old way better.
The service was a little slow for a 6:30 seating....Key Lime pie and Mississippi Mud pie for take home dessert was just right!
A little more expensive than originally thought.

• Visited February 2014

Cary, North Carolina
“Wonderful Dinner”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

In January, seven of us went to Biloxi for a bridge tournament. One of our friends was born and raised in Biloxi and had talked about Mary Mahoney's for years. We had dinner there and had great food and a lovely time. Shelby, a bus girl, sang an Etta James song for us. WOW! Would definitely go there again.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Carol H
Canada
“Worth a try if you're in town”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

We had just finished dinner elsewhere and were walking around when we stumbled upon this restaurant, so we went in for coffee and dessert. There's a lot of history to this place, and you can see photos on the wall of many famous people who've passed through. It's kind of an upscale restaurant with prices to match, although the dessert prices were very reasonable. The coffee wasn't anything special. The Mississippi Mud Pie was good, and the Double Chocolate Cake was decent.

• Visited December 2013
“Great service”
Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

We have eaten at several top 10 restaurants in Biloxi but none that we enjoyed any more than Mary Mahoney's! The wait staff was very attentive and the food, perfect. My husband and I split the Queen filet and lobster tail. Our friends ordered the stuffed flounder and filet. A. Very enjoyable evening!

Visited February 2014
London, England, United Kingdom
“Great food”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We had not booked but went to Mary Mahoney's around 7.30 on a Saturday evening. We were seated after a short wait but had to stand around in a fairly cramped area next to the maitre d's lectern. I would not like to have stood around here much longer.

It was most worthwhile and I felt lucky to get a table in the end. I had the Stuffed Snapper which is one of the best fish dishes that I have ever had. It was absolutely delicious and accompanied with a brlliant crawfish ettouffee too.

My better half had the seafood platter. My review of the Ole Biloxi Schooner is negative on the practive of deep frying a fresh seafood platter as I expect it to be fresh (not deep fried). However, the coating was more of a tempura and the quality of the seafood was evident. We would both preferred to see a cold platter but that is our taste; it was brilliant anyway.

This was our most expensive meal on our one month trip but certainly still good value considering the quality. Good G+T and local beer too.

When we left it was dark but the place has a beuatiful garden too. We saw a green furry plant we have never seen before in the garden and it was beautiful. I would like to know what it is!

Overall, a great and memorable meal and worthy of all the people of rank and celebrity who have gone before.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank David S

Been to Mary Mahoney's Old French House? Share your experiences!