“I just got lucky”

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
“I just got lucky”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

My husband wanted to take me to dinner so I Ck'd trip advisor for restaurants in the Biloxi area and I liked the description of the house and the food. I started with the best cosmo I EVER had. Both my husband and I ordered the same entree (we like to order different entrees and share) because we were drooling over the description of the stuffed Red Snapper! I must say, and my husband agrees, this meal is one of the best we've had anywhere ! I thought I tried the best fish (halibut) while in Alaska, but no, this meal and the way it was prepared was outstanding!!!
The house is old and so beautiful. The service fantastic! Our server was Miranda and she was very helpful, nice as can be and always right there when we needed something!
This place is a must if your planning a trip to Biloxi!

1 Thank Ikenney

Biloxi, Mississippi
“Good ....but could have been better”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

While some of the food was excellent....There were a couple of things that didn't quite get to that level....All the specials were Great....We had a party of 7 ...so had a variety of choices....the two that were just good not great was the prime rib....it was done perfect.....but being from Iowa the meat was not corn feed iowa beef....we have had better. The other was the lobster tails....again....very good but not great. The service is the best.....truely professial waiters.... not kids working their way through school..Over all....a nice special treat we will go again.

Santa Ana, California
“Excellent Lunch”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Enjoyed a great lunch at Mary Mahoney's. The lunch deal is a good value, and the food is excellent. My friend had the stuffed snapper, which he said was great. I had the chicken breast almondine, which was also excellent. Service is friendly and professional. A very enjoyable meal at a beautiful restaurant.

Eureka Springs, Arkansas
“Outstanding Lunch”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

This was the first time for me to eat here but not the last. . We were vacationing with 2 other couples and decided to have lunch here, The only bad thing about this restaurant in my opinion would be the large marquis type sign on the highway entrance,
From the time we entered the courtyard, you tell we would be in for a treat. Very much New Orleans. I read it is the best New Orleans restaurant out side New Orleans. And I would have to agree. Probably better than many in NO.
Our hostess was very gracious and ask if we had a preference for seating in the historic house or in the sunrooom. Our waiter was with us immediately and informed us of the numerous lunch specials.
All the specials came with salad and desert.
My wife had crab cakes and I had crab and shrimp au gratin. I also ordered a cup of gumbo. Some of the best gumbo I've ever eaten. Full of shrimp and crab. Outstanding
The 2 crab cake were large enough that we brought one home to eat later. And the crab shrimp au gratin was filled with nice size shrimp and crab and very creamy and rich. Glad it was a lunch portion, perfect size. Desert was bread pudding that my wife said was excellent . Some of us did not eat desert and our waiter ask if we wanted to take them with us, since desert came with the special.
The special was $13. An excellent value. A meal that I will fondly remember for a long time.
The service was very professional. Attentive but not over so.
A meal that I will

Lansing, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food, service, and atmosphere!”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Stayed with our friend at his time share in New Orleans for the Labor Day week. We drove down from Michigan and arrived on Friday, August 30. He flew in from Chicago the next day and showed us an article from his American Airlines magazine about the gulf shore of Mississippi. One of the restaurants mentioned was Mary Mahoney's.

We were already planning on a trip to Biloxi for Tuesday and decided to stop there for dinner. The food was very good and the service was great. This old French house was full of wonderful atmosphere. Definitely a place to try and love.

1 Thank Fred C