“winter get a way”

Ranked #13 of 47 Hotels in Biloxi
Chester Springs, Pennsylvania
“winter get a way”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2014

I flew down to get out of the cold & snow! beautiful room, comfortable bed, great views & very nice spacious room.
You can walk along the beach to a few place to eat but you really need to have a car to get around.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lvisco
sbbiloxigsm, Guest Relations Manager at South Beach Biloxi Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 10, 2014
We are so glad you could find your escape from the winter cold with us. We have very affordable prices and very rarely, days that are under freezing in the winter. Thank you very much for your review and hope to see you again this winter.
Guest Services

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Milton, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014

When my wife and I arrived at this hotel, we weren't expecting much after getting a view of the exterior. During the day, it just looked very plain. When we entered the hotel, we were pleasantly surprised to see how nice it really was! Our room was very spacious, clean, and comfortable with all the features that you would ever need! The service was great, but the only thing that is severely lacking is the parking situation. I seriously don't think that there are enough spaces to support the entire hotel. Parking is the ONLY reason that this hotel did not get a 5-star rating from me.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Cortland M
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and want to let you know we have plans to make our parking situation more accessible and easier to navigate. Thank you again
Danville, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014

My husband and I were planning a get away for our 25th wedding anniversary. We chose the South Beach Biloxi Hotel as our destination. Just let me say that we were very happy with our choice. The suite was wonderful, clean and had a breath-taking view of the Gulf of Mexico. The staff were so very friendly, and took care of our every need. We will certainly be going back in the future.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Christina P
Thank you very much for the wonderful review. We are so glad that we could celebrate such a wonderful day with you. I am so glad you enjoyed the accommodations and our staff.
Gulfport, Mississippi
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2014

Tried to plan a birthday surprise for my husband and was very disappointed. I upgraded to a one bedroom suite because it was bigger. Said i could entertain a small party. I couldn't even walk around the kitchen \ living room. It was very small. Due to all the stains, it didnt look or feel clean. Way over priced for what you actually get. The nicest thing i can say is that the front desk was pleasant but i expect that. Im clueless at the reviews that say this is nicest hotel ever.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank marilyn1962_99
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I apologize for the room not being able accommodate your needs and being in unfavorable conditions. I am personally making sure that those issues are rectified. If you would consider giving us another chance to accommodate you and your party, my self and sales associates we like to show you all of the different accommodations we have at South Beach.
Galliano, Louisiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

My brother, sis in law and I just stayed at this hotel. For a total of 2 days, $519. Outrageous. There was one bedroom and a full bath, and a half bath in the entrance. I was going to sleep on the sofa bed. It was so uncomfortable, you could feel the bar in your back and the mattress was stained. There was no trash can in the half bath. The kitchenette had only 1 teaspoon and no dishtowels. The door handle of the balcony door was falling off and it took all our strength to open and close it. The furniture was very dusty. If this was a $120 a night stay, I would not complain as I always believe you get what you pay for. But, in this case we did not get what we paid for. Severely overpriced. I have gotten much better rooms and service in hotels that were only $90 a night. We were charged $6 each for a basic serve yourself breakfast that is usually complimentary in other hotels. Scrambled eggs, sausage, coffee, juice, bagels, etc. And the beach was disappointing as we were not aware that in that area, it is a sound, and not the actual gulf, so there was no waves, no surf, no ocean sounds. The rest of the trip was great, though.

Room Tip: Get the cheapest one you can, facing the boulevard. And check it out, then let them know what's...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank nette49
Thank you for taking time to review our property. I want to apologize for not providing the experience you deserve. We want to assure you that we are taking the steps to correct the issues you had with our hotel. The Café food is being updated and we are almost finished replacing our sofa sleepers. I would hope you can gave another change to prove South Beach can exceed your hoteling experience.
North Liberty, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

I recently had my wedding at the South Beach and we were very satisfied with the rooms and service we received. We had approximately 50 people staying at the hotel and everything went really well. Most of the staff was very friendly and willing to help in whatever way needed. The bar was open and had a great view and happy hour. The wedding and reception were beautiful, there was plenty of staff to handle our group, and everything went as planned. We couldn't have asked for a better wedding! The hotel was close to restaurants and the taxi fares to casino's or other places in Biloxi were cheap. It was a great location, very kid friendly, but also fun for adults! We really enjoyed our stay and appreciated the wonderful service and planning that went into making our wedding special!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
We are so glad to hear we made your special day come true. South Beach thanks you for your business and the wonderful review. Please think of us in the future for any other special events you might have. Management and staff are glad to create wonderful memories with you.
New Orleans, Louisiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

This hotel looks like it is owned by someone who cares and run by someone who doesn't. I stayed there as my Goddaughter was playing in a softball tournament. The whole team stayed there. Our family had three suites (1 for me, one for Annie and her Parents and one for her grandparents.) Everyone else arrived on Wed. I arrived on Friday.
The suites were large, appeared to be recently redone, with above average furnishings - Good Owners.
The major problem is that the management won't buy enough towels. The one towel I had would have been thrown out 2 years ago by even the cheapest hotels. I would have thrown it out if I found it being used as a shop towel! The second day I received a note promising me that they would bring towels later. They never did. My only option was to dry off using the floor mat that I luckily hadn't put on the floor! I must admit it was much better than the one towel I did get. Everyone else associated with the team (13 girls + other family) had gone to Walmart and purchased towels. If this was something new or unusual it wouldn't be so bad, but it appears to be a recurring theme from the other reviews.
They have pocket doors on the bathrooms, very nice touch. However management has not maintained them. NONE of them have the spring at the back so the only way to open them is to stick your finger in the dirty recess over the door and slide it out. Because the spring is missing the doors slide way too far in. None of the 12 year old girls on the team could reach high enough and so had to get someone too close the bathroom doors for them. If you have ever been around a teenage girl you know how much this upset them.
All rooms had two clocks. only 1 of the wall clocks worked. Two of the bedside clocks worked.
When the grandparents asked for a new bedside clock they brought one up right away. Unfortunately it was also broken. Again management just doesn't seem to care.
This could be a 4 star property if they had even minimally competent management. But as long as they don't supply towels, fix items and trade one broken item for another broken item when you complain it will remain at the bottom of my list. I highly recommend you stay ANYWHERE else or bring your own towels, clock, bedding, etc.
P.S. every room is supplied with a washer and dryer. Of the 17 rooms we had we could wash in one room and dry in another.

Room Tip: Bring your own towels, clocks bedding etc.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank DCSDon
sbbiloxigsm, Director of Sales at South Beach Biloxi Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thank you for your comments and for staying at the South Beach Hotel. We apologize fro the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Your comments are taken very seriously by our staff and have been acted upon. Unfortunately, we depended on the wrong third party vendor for our towels and that situation has been corrected. We sincerely hope you will revisit our hotel and give our staff another opportunity to meet your expectations.