“Incredible hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 46 Hotels in Biloxi
Mobile, AL
“Incredible hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

This place is the best hotel to stay on the coast. If you are not a big gambler and have to be right in the middle fo the casino scene, this is the place to be. The rooms are more like a high end condo and is right on the beach. Nice staff and the restaurant has great food. I will for sure stay here again when I need to work on the MS coast. You will get what you pay for.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
SBBiloxiFOM, Manager at South Beach Biloxi Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post this great review. We are always excited to know that our guests have had a great experience and will be returning. Again thank you for the review and we look forward to seeing you again at South Beach Biloxi Hotel & Suites.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Brandon, Mississippi, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Booked this hotel through Hotels.com at the last minute for a late arrival en route to vacation. Arrived at 3AM and encountered the rudest desk clerk I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with at a hotel. He informed me that hotels.com did not provide a proof of purchase and my only options were to pay for the room again and ask hotels.com for a refund OR call hotels.com and request that a proof of purchase be sent. He eventually did it himself and of course they provided what he needed. Still, it took 30 minutes to check in at 3AM!!! He then lectured me on contacting the hotel directly and never using a 3rd party booking service. Aside from the terrible service, this place is actually pretty swank...too bad they can't hire good help!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank EllisonBelt
SBBiloxiFOM, Manager at South Beach Biloxi Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post this review in regards to your experience at South Beach Biloxi Hotel & Suites. I sincerely apologize for the level of guest service you received during your visit. This is not the level of guest service that we strive to provide to our guests. We will make sure that this is corrected immediately. Again, I sincerely apologize for the level of guest service you received. We hope you will choose South Beach Biloxi Hotel & Suites in the future allowing us the opportunity to meet and exceed your expectations.
Indianola, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

This was my first stay at South Beach Biloxi. Being in town for a business trip, I got one of two smaller rooms on the floor. These two smallest rooms are on the highway side of the hotel, and admit traffic noise through the balcony doors. It wasn't unbearable, and I got used to it rather quickly. Traffic dies down at night, so it's not constant. Being one of the non-suite rooms, it was much like your average hotel room with a kitchenette. I'd read other reviews that mentioned minor things like the bed not having a fitted sheet, road noise, etc, and I found all these to be true, but not detrimental to my stay. A few negatives that I noted included: the shower valve handle came off the stem, but that didn't affect the shower. It does, however, affect where it's pointing in relation to the hot/cold indicators. I couldn't get the hair dryer to function either. For a room of this price, pillow-top mattresses would be nice, but the bed slept well. The on-site bar announced final call at 9:30, which seemed early as the hotel appeared full, and there were about a half-dozen customers at the time. The bartender was gracious and let us hang out for a while. Additionally, the entire hotel property is smoke-free, including outdoor areas such as the pool, room balconies, and the patio at the bar.

Overall, the stay was nice, but there is room for a few minor improvements to match the asking price for the rooms. I'll stay again.

Room Tip: Street-side rooms admit a fair amount of road noise. This may not bother some, but beach-side rooms...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank jwhitfield71
SBBiloxiFOM, Manager at South Beach Biloxi Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review in regards to your stay at South Beach Biloxi Hotel & Suites. I apologize for the issue you experienced with the shower in your room. Our maintenance department is currently checking the shower handles when checking rooms to prevent these types of issue from happening in the future.
I am happy to hear that you will stay with us again in the future. Please speak with management upon booking your next reservation with South Beach Biloxi Hotel & Suites. We would like of offer you a complimentary upgrade to enjoy one of our one bedroom suites during your next visit to South Beach Biloxi Hotel & Suites.
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Went to Biloxi May 5-8 for a little spring break stay. When we made our reservations in March, all the reviews were good but changed when I looked at them before we left. Complaints of dirty sheets and moldy bathrooms were unfounded thank goodness. The room was modern although the bedclothes and decorative pillows were kind of worn. I liked the bathroom vanity, tile and shower (which was clean). I did not think the bed was that comfortable and the pillows were like rocks so next time I'll bring my own. The reviews about the hallway carpets were accurate...they really were spotted with bleach and very worn and grimey...and we had the misfortune of being right beside the housekeeping storage area where they left dirty linens piled up in the hallway . Also, when we ran out of rough nubby towels, we had to wait to get a few hours to get more. The beach is great, accessible, and the ocean is shallow in this area. Hotel is conveniently located and on bus line (which stops running at 8:30..weird!). One other thing I thought was strange and possibly dangerous (but I'm pretty freaky about safety) is that there is not signage indicating the location of the stairwells. You always have to use the slowish elevator because stairwell doors don't open into the room floors. Find them when you get there...you never know! All in all, it's a pretty decent hotel and I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: We had a studio that faced the beach road...it was quiet enough in spite of the traffic so not a bad...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank GA_GAL1957
Thank you for taking the time to post a review in regards to your stay. We are pleased that your enjoyed your stay and will stay with us again in the future. I did notice you were concerned about a couple of areas concerning security. Due to having the smaller signs on the stairwell doors, we have posted floor plans,labeling each fire exit and emergency exit, on the back of every hotel room door. We also have the large, lighted signs marking the emergency exits.
During your future visit, if you would like to use the stairwell rather than the elevators, we will be happy to have an associate escort you through the stairwells. We do keep the stairwells locked on the room floors from the inside for safety reasons. Each stairwell will allow you to exit outside on the the first floor, however do not allow access to the guest room floors without a key.
We look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

After long days of work, it was nice to relax in a safe and clean environment. Fitness room is small but nice. If I needed anything, the staff made sure to accommodate me, i.e., more pots and pans. Would have liked the bar to offer more menu items for dinner. The hot breakfasts were tasty - good variety to choose from. The staffers are always available and approachable so you can easily become familiar with them. The hotel lobby, hallways, and my room always smelled clean and fresh. I had issues with housekeeping a few times, but I addressed them with the staff and they were all resolved. I had a very comfortable bed and all appliances in the kitchen were modern and WORKING!! I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Natalie G
SBBiloxiFOM, Manager at South Beach Biloxi Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this review! We always enjoy hearing from our guests about a great stay. We hope we will see you back at South Beach Biloxi Hotel & Suites!
Bergen, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Hotel has a good location directly on the beach. If you're in Biloxi for the casinos, the major ones are located a bit further away, but for us that was not of any importance. Hotel has ha beach/sufer feeling, and are clean and quite modern. We rented a 2 bedroom suite, which was great. Nice pool area, and also some loungers on the beach.

Pros: Located on the beach, nice rooms, good service, service
Cons. Breakfast was not very good

Room Tip: Try the 2 bedroom suite if you are more than 2 persons.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at South Beach Biloxi Hotel & Suites. We are always excited to hear that we have met our guest's expectations. We hope to see you back with us soon!
Missouri City, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Great facilities, awesome staff, loved the view and the room. Parking was kind of awkward but no big deal. We chose there because of a great deal from Groupon. If they are able to maintain a reasonable rate, we will most definitely come back, again and again and again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for this great review. We are always excited to hear that our guests had a great stay with us at South Beach Biloxi Hotel & Suites. We often post specials and discounts on our facebook page, so make sure you like us on facebook to assist with taking advantage of great deals and promotions we offer in the future. We look forward to seeing you with us again at South Beach Biloxi Hotel & Suites.