“Can't believe that negative review”

South Beach Biloxi Hotel & Suites
Ranked #15 of 47 Hotels in Biloxi
Reviewed November 7, 2011

My wife and I were two of the four people out at the bar and terrace that night and I thought she was wonderful!! She was very entertaining nice and professional, just as a bartender should be. I remember she left to go to the front desk to check on a charge on my room that other guy was supposed to be taking his break I believe. Anywho, with that said, the other staff members were very very outstanding including front desk and maintenance. I cannot wait until my trip back to Biloxi and stay another weekend with you guys, thank you south beach!

• Stayed: October 2011
SBBiloxiGM, General Manager at South Beach Biloxi Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2011

Thank you so much for your comments regarding the negative review, we are currently still investigating they issues and i thank you for being so honest.

There are newer reviews for South Beach Biloxi Hotel & Suites

Reviewed November 7, 2011

I was very impressed with the Hotel!!!! at first I was a iffy when I seen the outside but the inside is just emaculant!!!!! Very Clean and the staff was always available!!! I will be going back! LOVVVED IT!!!!

1  Thank AshTren

Thank you So Much for your kimd words. Yes we are looking at adding additional landscapping features to make the outside even more beautiful. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed November 4, 2011

This hotel is beautifully decorated, the breakfast is OK, but the staff & management are wonderful. The view of the beach is breathtaking and it's location is very close to everything that Biloxi has to offer. I won't stay at any other location while visiting Biloxi. I'm hooked on South Beach Hotel & Suites.

BTW...Smokers beware it is a non-smoking facility but the parking lot is easily accessed & you will have a great view while lighting up.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rose S
SBBiloxiGM, General Manager at South Beach Biloxi Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2011

Thank you so much for reviewing us! We appreciate your comments. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed November 4, 2011

READ THE ENTIRE REVIEW...

This place is a condo that didn't make it and is being turned out as a hotel.

We stayed over the 2011 Halloween weekend. The facility itself and the westward and southward views are beautiful. The rates were a bargain. The rooms are clean spacious appartments with full kitchens. But, be sure to bring extra light bulbs. There's no communication between the maintenance staff and housekeeping. We had three light bulbs out... two lamps and an overhead in the bath.

The beach is pretty. But on close inspection, the sand is full of trash and LOTS of broken glass. If you go to the beach in Biloxi, be sure to wear shoes!

The staff is TERRIBLE! The owner needs to remove all of the staff and start over with deep BACKGROUND CHECKS and DRUG SCREENS on all hires.

Here's the rant...

The restaurant proudly displays a "B" rating from the health department! In any book, that's a failure. We couldn't believe the management didn't make corrections and get a new inspection immediately. DUH! The hotel manager needs to go.

One evening my wife and I were two of the four people in all of the spacious bar and adjoining restaurant. There were two chefs and a bartender on duty. Our food order got lost! When we reminded the bartender a half hour later, it took another 25 minutes for our order to appear. Food in the bar is served in styrofoam take-out boxes with no utensils! We had to ask for utensils and napkins.

The bartender we had never shut up! It's like she's on speed and had to comment on everything. Her only redeeming quality was that she cautioned us that the staff was dishonest. She told us she'd had items stolen from her purse while she was on duty. She needs to go.

We soon found out that the help has a workaround for the fact that the facility is non-smoking. We saw a chef retreat to the balcony at the corner of the bar and puff away. On another evening we went to the bar and were the only patrons. Both the bartender and her trainee LEFT US ALONE in the bar to go on break at the same time!! My guess is they were smoking more than cigarettes.

and...So much for southern hospitality... The bar help doesn't know to serve ladies first. Go figure! All of the restaurant and bar help need to go.

There's a sign on the restaurant side of the door that separates the restaurant from the bar. The sign says the door is to be kept closed at all times. There's a pass-through window for food orders. The pass-through is blocked by a cooler on the bar side and the staff is constantly using the door. Maybe this is the cause of the "B" rating?

Staff congregates around the coffee and breakfast buffet in the morning; chatting loudly, shouting in the kitchen, and boldly getting in the way of guests. It looked like shift change and everyone was hanging out waiting on fresh coffee. (They need their own break room!) This is HIGHLY INAPPROPRIATE.

The front desk manager asked inappropriate questions about our travel plans... where were we going?... when were we going home? We were afraid we would come home to find our house ransacked. One morning the front desk was completely unattended between 7:30am and 8am... UNBELIEVABLE! ... On the day we went to check out, the desk person was asleep in the adjacent office. The front desk help all needs to go.

None of the staff is appropriately uniformed. The maintenance staff should all be wearing long pants and uniform shirts that are clearly marked with their names and staff positions. Likewise, they need uniform jackets for cold weather. Again, clearly marked. This same concept needs to apply to the restaurant, bar, food, and housekeeping services. All help should have uniforms and identification badges clearly visible!!

We like the place, but the staff is a HORROR show! We hope to see their web page have a banner announcing all new staff before we travel to Biloxi again.

UNTIL THEN... STAY AWAY!!!

Room Tip: If you are crazy enough to stay here... ask for a south (beach) facing room or west (sunset) facing...
7  Thank Michael M

Thank you for reviewing our property. We are currently investigating your claims against our TEAM members. I would very much like to discuss with you so that we can correct any issues that you may have had. Your experience is not at all typical of our property, in fact it has never happened. I would like for us to learn from your experience, and address your issues with you personally. Please feel free to reach out to me via phone or email.

Reviewed November 3, 2011

Went there on business with a group. We were charged more than the standard rate (isn't the point of booking as a business group to get a discount?) and when there was a billing issue (their fault) it took a week of un-returned calls, follow ups and emails sent to the address on the website that didn't work. Very unimpressed with the operation. I was actually lied to. If all of this hadn't happened, I would have good things to say. Really nice rooms/suites. Seems like it would be good for families or groups of friends because of the full kitchens and suites with multiple baths and bedrooms. Appears that it may have been built initially as a condo that didn't work out. Inadequate parking/poorly designed interior lot and entrance.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank TimeTravel_11

Wow! I must say that this doesn't fit with our normal operating practices at all. I would very much like to speak with you so that we may learn from this experience and make things right. Please contact me at the hotel so that we can discuss. Thank you so much for taking your time to review our property.

Reviewed October 27, 2011

My BF and I stayed here for a night. We LOVE it!! The staff was great, the room was OUTSTANDING and reasonably priced. It felt more like a condo instead of a hotel room. Full kitchen, spacious balcony and lovely bathroom and decor. We're already planning our next trip for a longer stay!!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your review! We truly appreciate it. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed October 11, 2011

All I can say is WOW!! My family of seven stayed there for the Friday and Saturday night of Crusin the Coast (Oct 7-9). From the moment we arrived we were treated as first class guests. The entire staff was friendly, professional and extremely helpful. I wish that I had gotten the names of everyone so that I could properly thank each and everyone of them. We had the 2 bedroon 2 bath unit with an awesome balcony view of both the gulf and the street so we did not miss the beautiful sunrise in the morning nor did we miss all of the hot action of the event on the street at night. The whole facility was exceptionally clean, the cafe, terrace and lobby were very inviting. They had live bands on both Friday and Saturday nights, the food and drinks were reasonably priced. The continennal breakfast was like no other, way more to choose from than the the usual cereal and muffins. We have already booked for next year's Crusin the Coast!! Thanks again South Beach we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and can't wait to see you all next year!!!!

Room Tip: I don't think that there is a "bad" room
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Dawn S

Thank you so much for your review! We look forward to seeing you next year as well....but why wait?? We make a perfect summer vacation spot! Thank again, see you soon.