“Good sushi, great service.”
Review of Jia

Jia
Ranked #17 of 235 Restaurants in Biloxi
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Love Asian cuisine? Then you will adore Jia for artfully combining the best culinary traditions of Japan, Thailand, China, Korea and Vietnam in one modern, sophisticated space. This Pan-Asian restaurant concept encourages you to mix and match regional favorites – each dish the dining equivalent of a passport stamp for the seasoned traveler. For those not already intimately acquainted with the breadth of Asian cooking, Jia is an immersion course in flavor. The stylishly Zen-inspired décor sets the stage for a menu that blends the exotic with sublime simplicity. Focusing on the freshest seasonal ingredients and authentic techniques, Jia delivers sizzling platters of expertly prepared meats, seafood, noodles and rice specialties. Indulge in traditional nigiri, maki, temaki and sashimi from the sushi bar -- or opt for teppanyaki and be dazzled by culinary fireworks, courtesy of your personal chef.
Gautier, Mississippi
“Good sushi, great service.”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We wanted to eat at BR Prime at the Beau Rivage but it's closed on Sundays. Jia was our next choice but there was a 2.5 hour wait for a table so we settled for the sushi bar. Very helpful and enthusiastic server. They were out of hot green tea so he brought us jasmine tea. I could go the rest of my life without that stuff. The sake, sushi and sashimi were all great. We especially liked the Atom Bomb roll and the fatty tuna sashimi. They were out of green tea ice cream so once again we settled for something else. Green tea creme brulee. Not my favorite. We'll definitely go back but we'll get reservations at a less busy time of the year.

• Visited March 2013

“Very Rude Cook”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We sat at the Hibachi Grill. The waiters were nice but I've never been treated so ugly at a restaurant as we were by the cook. He was cocky and very ugly. If we were not with a group, I would have walked out. Food was pricey but that was expected. Never expected the cook being so ugly. We will not be back.

panama city
“Great Food and Fun!!!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My friend and I want to try Jia but there was an hour wait. We went to sit at the bar and found out we could order food there. I wanted Pho soup and my friend wanted to order off the Jia menu. They made me move from the bar seats to a table because there is one menu for the table seating and a different menu for the bar. We ordered off each menu and tried a few things. The Pho soup is amazing and the fried noodle dishes are great!!! I would definitely eat here again!!!!

• Visited February 2013
howelldw
“Located in the Beau”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

It is a nice restaurant in the back of the casino. Prices are above average for a hibachi type grill. The food was good as was the sushi.

Visited February 2013
Port Saint Joe, Florida
“Best sushi!”
Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

Our first visit and very impressed. We sat at the sushi bar and enjoyed interacting with the Chefs. This is by far the best sushi we have ever tasted! Hats off to the Chefs! Great way to spend our Valentines Day.

Been to Jia? Share your experiences!