“Ok”

Ranked #22 of 240 Restaurants in Biloxi
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Love Asian cuisine? Then you will adore Jia for artfully combining the best culinary traditions of Japan, Thailand, China, Korea and Vietnam in one modern, sophisticated space. This Pan-Asian restaurant concept encourages you to mix and match regional favorites – each dish the dining equivalent of a passport stamp for the seasoned traveler. For those not already intimately acquainted with the breadth of Asian cooking, Jia is an immersion course in flavor. The stylishly Zen-inspired décor sets the stage for a menu that blends the exotic with sublime simplicity. Focusing on the freshest seasonal ingredients and authentic techniques, Jia delivers sizzling platters of expertly prepared meats, seafood, noodles and rice specialties. Indulge in traditional nigiri, maki, temaki and sashimi from the sushi bar -- or opt for teppanyaki and be dazzled by culinary fireworks, courtesy of your personal chef.
jacksonville
“Ok”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

The Godzilla roll is very good but expensive. The pad Thai was dry and hard very disappointed. My husband got "3 fishes". Not sure of exact name and it was only 3 bites . Our waitress seemed to rush us. Doubt we'd go again

• Visited November 2012

Atlanta, GA
“Incredibly poor service and mediocre food for price.”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Long delays to place an order and to finally receive my food. I was dinkg solo and server seemed to be bothered by my presence in her section. Food was okay but very poor value for the price charged. On the plus side the interior of the restaurant is gorgeous.

2 Thank deanrob101
Panama City, FL
“Good...not great....”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

As part of a birthday surprise trip staying at the Beau, we ate at Jia. Had an 8:00 reservation and was seated at a normal table within five minutes. The hostess was most pleasant. Our server was nice, but she seemed to try to hurry us along. Having been in the restaurant business, I can understand how things are at a peak seating time when you're busy - but try not to let the customer see/sense it. I must admit that I was a bit intoxicated, so I don't remember what (if any) appetizer was ordered, not do I recall what my husband had. All I know is that since it was my birthday, I majorily splurged and ordered the Ginger Lobster. ($150) Other than the rather (too) large slices of ginger (I know, I know...it's called ginger lobster for a reason...I just wasn't expecting the slices to be the size of half dollars) it was quite good. Lots of meat, both tail and claw meat. In fact, for as much as I love lobster, I couldn't finish it all and had to reluctantly share with my husband. All in all, it's a decent restaurant. I've had much better, had way worse.

• Visited January 2013
Folsom, La
“Expensive and I left hungry”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Let me first say that the Beau Rivage is my favorite casino in Biloxi however I wasn't impressed with Jia. We ordered off the regular menu, not the hibachi menu. There was three of us and our check was over $200 dollars and I left hungry and no, I'm not a big eater. We ordered: edamame for the table; 1. Korean Short Ribs which were really bland (we ordered extra sauce on the side to try and give them some flavor), 2.Jia's traditional trio of scallop (nice taste but only 1 piece), halibut (a portion about the size of a large scallop and fishy) and butterfish (about the size of a scallop, good taste but very rich) for $35 and all it came with was rice, and 3. 1/2 duck (best dish, tasty, nice portion), and 2 drinks each. In the past we have gone to Tien in the IP which isn't as expensive and in my opinion, better food. The service at Jia was ok but not worth the price that we paid for it since we usually tip at least 15%.

I am surprised by all of the good reviews on this site. The good reviews are what prompted me to try Jia. Maybe we ordered the wrong thing? Our experience wasn't great.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank sjanine5
BEAVERTON
“When at the Beau - eat at Jia”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Forget about Beau Rivage's mediocre buffet and head straight for Jia. Should have done that years ago. The food is great. Service is swift, effecient, friendly. I love sushi - my husband not so much. No problem. They serve wonderful other asian favourites to please anyone.

• Visited December 2012

Been to Jia? Share your experiences!