“Good...not great....” 4 of 5 bubbles

Jia
Ranked #16 of 227 Restaurants in Biloxi
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Love Asian cuisine? Then you will adore Jia for artfully combining the best culinary traditions of Japan, Thailand, China, Korea and Vietnam in one modern, sophisticated space. This Pan-Asian restaurant concept encourages you to mix and match regional favorites – each dish the dining equivalent of a passport stamp for the seasoned traveler. For those not already intimately acquainted with the breadth of Asian cooking, Jia is an immersion course in flavor. The stylishly Zen-inspired décor sets the stage for a menu that blends the exotic with sublime simplicity. Focusing on the freshest seasonal ingredients and authentic techniques, Jia delivers sizzling platters of expertly prepared meats, seafood, noodles and rice specialties. Indulge in traditional nigiri, maki, temaki and sashimi from the sushi bar -- or opt for teppanyaki and be dazzled by culinary fireworks, courtesy of your personal chef.
Panama City, FL
“Good...not great....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

As part of a birthday surprise trip staying at the Beau, we ate at Jia. Had an 8:00 reservation and was seated at a normal table within five minutes. The hostess was most pleasant. Our server was nice, but she seemed to try to hurry us along. Having been in the restaurant business, I can understand how things are at a peak seating time when you're busy - but try not to let the customer see/sense it. I must admit that I was a bit intoxicated, so I don't remember what (if any) appetizer was ordered, not do I recall what my husband had. All I know is that since it was my birthday, I majorily splurged and ordered the Ginger Lobster. ($150) Other than the rather (too) large slices of ginger (I know, I know...it's called ginger lobster for a reason...I just wasn't expecting the slices to be the size of half dollars) it was quite good. Lots of meat, both tail and claw meat. In fact, for as much as I love lobster, I couldn't finish it all and had to reluctantly share with my husband. All in all, it's a decent restaurant. I've had much better, had way worse.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Folsom, La
“Expensive and I left hungry”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

Let me first say that the Beau Rivage is my favorite casino in Biloxi however I wasn't impressed with Jia. We ordered off the regular menu, not the hibachi menu. There was three of us and our check was over $200 dollars and I left hungry and no, I'm not a big eater. We ordered: edamame for the table; 1. Korean Short Ribs which were really bland (we ordered extra sauce on the side to try and give them some flavor), 2.Jia's traditional trio of scallop (nice taste but only 1 piece), halibut (a portion about the size of a large scallop and fishy) and butterfish (about the size of a scallop, good taste but very rich) for $35 and all it came with was rice, and 3. 1/2 duck (best dish, tasty, nice portion), and 2 drinks each. In the past we have gone to Tien in the IP which isn't as expensive and in my opinion, better food. The service at Jia was ok but not worth the price that we paid for it since we usually tip at least 15%.

I am surprised by all of the good reviews on this site. The good reviews are what prompted me to try Jia. Maybe we ordered the wrong thing? Our experience wasn't great.

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank sjanine5
BEAVERTON
“When at the Beau - eat at Jia”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

Forget about Beau Rivage's mediocre buffet and head straight for Jia. Should have done that years ago. The food is great. Service is swift, effecient, friendly. I love sushi - my husband not so much. No problem. They serve wonderful other asian favourites to please anyone.

• Visited December 2012
Picayune, Mississippi
“A favorite.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

This restaurant is located in the Beau Rivage casino and we eat there frequently when we visit the Gulf coast. The atmosphere is great and the service is amazing. The menu is simple and eclectic and the food is fantastic. We've dined with family and friends and have ordered a variety of items. They are consistently fresh and delicious every time. Notable items are the whole steamed snapper with ginger and the "trio" of scallops and two types of fish. There's this dessert, called "The Napoleon" that is to die for. It's made with bananas and a peanut butter filling sandwiched between thin sheets of chocolate. The wine list is great also. The service and quality of their product definitely justifies the price.

• Visited December 2012
Stuttgart
“Pricy but Great Food and Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

The menu is extensive. I loved the sushi. The presentation of the food was very tastefully done. The décor and atmosphere was wonderful. It is a great restaurant for special occasions for the Japanese cuisine lovers! The cocktails were great too. The only drawback is if you are not in the casino scene like me, you have to walk thru the gambling area to get to it.

• Visited October 2012