“Biloxi's Best”
Review of Chateau Blessey

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Biloxi
Chateau Blessey
Ranked #2 of 8 Biloxi B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We recently enjoyed a stay at this B&B and had a thoroughly wonderful time. While we were in Biloxi primarily to participate in our ‘see food’ diet the experience we had at Chataue Blessey was the icing on the cake. The Governor’s room was spacious and comfortable with an awe-inspiring view of the Mississippi Sound directly out our windows. Each room has its own private entrance that made easy our many daily arrivals and departures. Besides the delicious gourmet breakfasts that were unique each morning we were made to feel right at home by the owners, Walter and Katherine Blessey. We highly recommend this property to anyone planning a visit to the Mississippi Gulf Coast.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 18, 2013

This is a must try place in Mississippi. An incredible story as this home was completely destroyed by Katrina and rebuilt by the owners using salvaged materials from the original home. Just to see the restoration is worth the stay but that is not the only reason. The owners are amazing. I didn't have a chance to spend much time with Mrs. Blessy as she was recovering from a procedure that she recently undergone. Mr. Blessy is an amazing man! His treated me as though I was his friend (or family member) from the minute I contacted him on the phone to make the reservation until the morning I left. The home is beautifully located right on the beach in Biloxi and has a beautiful porch across the front that is perfect for coctails, or Iced tea, in the evenings. The breakfast is southern and delicious!

My stay here, albeit short, was amazing and I can't wait to return to see my friend, Walter, at the Chateau Blessy!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank boomer2s
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We didn't actually stay at this facility because we were staying at local timeshare. While out walking we were so impressed with the beautiful exterior of this property that we decided to knock on the door and ask for a tour.

Walter Blessey, the owner was so eager to invite us in for a tour. The facility bedrooms were themed and just absolutely inviting. The living/dining area even had matching baby grand pianos (one for a child), as well as, small rocking chairs for children that match similar adult size rocking chairs. The kitchen was a professional design that is fit for large meal preparation..

The view of the ocean was so mesmerizing and you couldn't help but to enjoy the opportunity to savor in its beauty.

Very impressive and highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 12, 2012

What a find! Trying to find a convenient place for "Cruzin The Coast", and thankfully most of the hotels were all booked. Found this treasure of a Bed and Breakfast. Fantastic location facing the gulf, walking distance to Beau and Hard Rock. Hospitality of the owner's were enchanting. Couldn't wait for breadfast each morning! Came home and booked same for next year.

Room Tip: Only a few rooms available, so book early. Each room has a private entrance.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2012

If you are looking for a place where you can kick up your heels and relax, CHATEAU BLESSEY is that place. My sister (Cindy) and I visited in July. So happy we decided to stay with Walter and Katherine.. There is truly something special about Southern Hospitality. Walter and Katherine were both so gracious and their home is gorgeous!..They really make you feel very special. Walter gave my sister and I the grand tour. He is so proud of the home and I would be too!!! Most of the work he did himself after Hurricane Katrina devastated the Gulf Coast and destroyed their home... You must visit their website and listen to their story. It will touch you.Their home is filled with antiques and other beautiful furnishings.They're located in the heart of Biloxi. The beach is right across the street. My sister and I had a room with 2 queen beds facing the beach. It was lovely.. The bathroom was large with a jacuzzi tub and a separate walkin shower.. The home has a beautiful front porch that faces the beach where you can sit/relax and watch the day go by.. Breakfast was shrimp and grits. delicious!!! Walter even shared a secret with my sister and me on how he gets all of that shrimp flavoring into his grits.... You have to go there to find out the secret for yourself...Preserved figs were also served at breakfast... Made by Walter's mother...YUMMY!!! The best I've ever had. For dinner Walter suggested Mahoney's restaurant up the street. Also delicious!!! Walter made reservations for the 2 of us and while making the reservations he insisted with the hostess that we are treated very well or they would hear from him.. Needless to say we were treated well,, LOL!!!...Obviously, Walter is very well known and respected throughout the community. At the end of our stay Walter told me "YOU ENTERED MY HOME AS A STRANGER AND NOW YOU ARE LEAVING AS FAMILY"... So true.... I did not realize it at the time but Walter truly meant what he was saying... About a month after our stay, on August 28th, Hurricane Isaac hit Louisiana (my home state). Walter called to find out if everything was ok with me and my family.... There goes that Southern Hospitality again!!! TOUCHING...
SO, IF YOU ARE EVER IN THE BILOXI AREA GO BY TO VISIT AND STAY WITH WALTER AND KATHERINE... TELL THEM I SENT YOU!!! :)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Timing is everything, and for us this was true of our stay at Chateau Blessey.
Walter just opened up his house and became a friend. This B&B is in the heart of Biloxi in more ways than one. It has a great location across from the beach and he is truly evolved in the community.
While we were there he had a dinner for some of his friend’s and we were invited too. As he cooked he taught us his version of gumbo and gave us cooking tips. We even got to help in what he called his cooking school. I am sure he does not do this all of the time, did I mention timing? I think he just needed help chopping up the ingredients.
The breakfasts are different at Chateau Blessey, we had shrimp and grits for one breakfast and flounder for the other. This man can defiantly cook.
I had read about the baked grapefruit, but it was better than I thought it would be (I will be making this at home).
Our stay at Chateau Blessey was defiantly the highlight of our stay at Biloxi.
The only problem we had was that we did not get to meet Katherine, she was out of town.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lsj1214
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Took seven teenagers to the beach and stayed at The Ivy Vista Beach House in Gulf Port. I have had lots of vacation rentals , some good some bad and always like to review for other people looking. We loved this house on stilts. it had a partial view of the beach from the wrap around deck(the deck was awesome). Due to katrina everything that was between our house and the beach was gone. There were two other houses sharing the area but they did not mess up the view completely. A children's water splash park is a house away along with a rubber walking trail and a workout center that is open during the week. You can walk thru the park and park in their parking lot across from the beach. This part of the beach also has parking right next to it which is good for getting your stuff in especially if you walk the pier it has a section where you can step off directly to the beach so don't have to drag thru the beach to the water. We have already booked for Cruising on the coast for October. The master bed was comfy and the children's room had a captains bed and a twin, the captians bed did not have a mattress underneath on the pull out so we had brought a twin air bed and a sleeping bed so that added another bed. The sofa bed is good but bring an extra comforter to sleep on top of (to help the usual thin mattress), The third bedroom is good nice bed there also. If you had some air mattress /sleeping beds you could sleep little kids easy for extras. It was clean and had start up things such as toilet paper , etc but bring extras. Very quiet , far enough away from road to be nice. Our condo last year was loud. The wireless and the router is in laundry room. along with washer and dryer , bring your supplies. All in all we loved it ! and like I said already booked for October and for next summer. Good thing you can book and pay per card the week of.

Room Tip: make sure and bring extra towels and also plastics to eat with. Frig is not real cold so bring in yo...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family