“Foreign objects in the food !”

Shady's Global Grille & Oyster
Ranked #123 of 239 Restaurants in Biloxi
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Long Beach
“Foreign objects in the food !”
Reviewed February 18, 2010

I will never set foot in Shady's again! I have typically had a decent experience there, although the service is incredibly slow and there is little-to-no consistency in their food.

Last weekend was the final straw. My family decided to have lunch there. My father ordered a rice noodle dish and bit down on a giant paperclip. Thankfully he didn't choke on it!

While I realize that something more disgusting could have been in the food, it makes you wonder what kind of kitchen they are running that they don't spot a large metal object in your dish. When we informed the bartender/manager on duty, she laughed and asked him if he would have preferred a coated paperclip instead....not the time to joke around. We were then told that the only thing the restaurant used paperclips for was to separate money, they couldn't figure out how it wound up in the food...gross. She then acted like she was doing us a favor by taking the dish off the bill.

Talk about customer satisfaction being a top priority...what a joke! Never again!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Love it in the winter and summer, the fountains and firepit are awesome...along with the pad tai and drinks”
Reviewed September 24, 2009

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Gulfport, MS
“Three Strikes and You're Out”
Reviewed August 30, 2009

We gave Shady's three shots, each time hoping that the last was just an off night for them. I can officially say that I will never go back there. To be fair, their Thai Coconut Milk Soup was very good (despite the inedible pieces of what I guessed were hard bamboo?!) I ordered the Pad Thai twice, and it was decent. The last time, however, they went a bit overboard with the egg. We joked that I could eat it for breakfast the next morning, scrambled eggs with a few noodles, yum. The second time going, the waiter recommended some Chili Lime Shrimp Pasta - YUCK! There was so much sauce, I would have needed a spoon (or straw), if I had been able to eat it that is. Sweet, tangy, and shrimpy. My stomach was not feeling too hot after attempting to eat that.

Aside from the food, I was most displeased with the service we received. The last time we went was the worst. We sat out on the deck, where several other families were sitting. We did not see our waitress for a good ten minutes, at least. When she finally decided to take our order, we didn't see her again for another 20 minutes. No drink refills, no silverware or napkins. Meanwhile families that had come in after us, were getting their food and finishing up before we even received our soup. At the point when a large party came in, half an hour after us and sat right next to us, I exclaimed, "If they order and get their food before us, I'm writing a review." Well, here I am...

I'm a large supporter of local businesses, and I wish I could say I enjoyed this place at least one of the times I went. Unfortunately, I did not. Sorry Shady's, but your food and service did not cut it. In my opinion, it's better to make one type of food well than attempt many types poorly.

Biloxi MS
“good food & good service”
Reviewed August 20, 2009

Good food & good service, fair prices.
I would go there again.

Been to Shady's Global Grille & Oyster? Share your experiences!