“This Casino is Handicapped Restricted”

Treasure Bay Casino
Ranked #15 of 60 things to do in Biloxi
More attraction details
Owner description: With friendly staff, first-class service, and non-stop casino action --It's Better at Treasure Bay.
“This Casino is Handicapped Restricted”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I'm handicapped person that requires a scooter to get around on July 20th I ask the valet to help unload my scooter from the back of my car. They refused stating that it was against a new policy to help anybody with scooters. I contacted the general manager and ask if he would override the policy for this evening.again I was refused. apparently even my elite status was no help in getting the same situation resolved.
they have lost a (NOT SO) valued customer

Visited July 2013
Matthew U, Public Relations Manager at Treasure Bay Casino, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Mr Thomas,

While we appreciate your feedback on your recent experience at Treasure Bay, I feel that I must refute your statement that we are not handicap accessible. Our valet and security personnel assist guests on a daily basis with the loading and unloading of wheelchairs and scooters from vehicles provided that the equipment is in an appropriate carrier or lift.

Our crew cannot risk injury to themselves or damage to a guest's property by attempting to lift excessively heavy equipment from the trunks of cars or the inside cabins of larger vehicles when the appropriate ramps or lifts are not present. It is not a new policy; it is a safety regulation for the protection of our workers as well as our guests and their personal property.

I apologize that you felt singled out in this incident, however I assure you that this was never our intention. Your patronage is indeed valued here and we will do whatever we can to assist your with your mobility equipment as long as that equipment can be moved in a safe and secure manner.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
New Orleans, Louisiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Lowww payouts”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The Casino was scattered with lots of penny machines. Dollar, $5, $10 machines were rip-offs. Spent over $800 there and I know casinos. Very tight machines, all about profit. Save your money.

1 Thank Joe T
Memphis, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Overpriced for non seafood eaters”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

There was an hour and a half wait for the buffet which costs $22.99 per person. While this is not a bad price for seafood lovers it is a total waste for those who don't or can't eat seafood as the non seafood items are very limited and the service is slow. It's just too mucj for some fried chicken, mashed potatoes and mac & cheese.

Visited July 2013
Matthew U, Guest Relations Manager at Treasure Bay Casino, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thanks for taking a moment to review your experience at our facility.

Our buffet is indeed a great value for the type of seafood and other items that one might expect; we are the only coastal buffet which features the Dungeness Crab every night of the week, which keeps people coming back for more. We regret that you yourself are not a fan of seafood and were therefore not able to take full advantage of the buffet however there are many more items other than the few you got to sample. Obviously we are a more intimate environment in comparison to other casino buffets along the coast, however we have made a conscious effort to feature items which are representative of our local culture and cuisine and which one might expect to find along the Gulf Coast - both seafood and other fare.

We have some other restaurant outlets which I believe might suit you better than the buffet, should you ever visit us again. Our cafe "The Den" is a local favorite with some of the best grill items you will find anywhere. For something really special, our fine dining restaurant, CQ features chef creations unlike anything you've ever experienced (both seafood and non-seafood) and is highly recommended both for the food and the breathtaking view of the beach. Plan to reserve a table a sunset - you won't regret it.
Luverne, Alabama
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“My First Casino”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I Had So Much Fun My First Time Love The Slots And Played Alittle Poker Stayed In Walking Distance To The Casino Was So Much Fun Been Back Many Times And Will Come Back Soon

Visited July 2012
1 Thank morningdove1999
Matthew U, Manager at Treasure Bay Casino, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you so much for your appraisal of your time with us! How nice to be your first casino experience. We love our new guests and hope to make you into one of our "regulars" in no time. Please make sure to check with the staff at Player Services or by calling our Guest Services line (228-385-6000) to make sure you are taking full advantage of our amenities and all the perks that are available to you. See you soon!
Broseley, United Kingdom
“nice casino”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

it had alot of different games and i didnt lose anything and all the people worked there were very friendly and all the machines worked.

Visited June 2013
Scott W, Guest Relations Manager at Treasure Bay Casino, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for your recent review. We are glad you enjoyed our casino and ask that you visit us again soon.

Been to Treasure Bay Casino? Share your experiences!