“Revisited and Not that Good” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Treasure Bay Casino

Treasure Bay Casino
Ranked #16 of 55 things to do in Biloxi
More attraction details
Owner description: With a friendly staff, first-class service, and non-stop casino action -- it's a whole new game at Treasure Bay, and you're invited to play.
BEAVERTON
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Revisited and Not that Good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Unlike others we don't find the smoking a problem and we are non-smokers. The buffet is still very nice also not such a great value any more as the price has increased. We agree with other guests the security "greeting" you at the entrance are neither welcoming nor friendly but quite the opposite - actually scary. And I've noticed around the table games a lot of loud hollering and screaming and after investigating found it was the dealers at craps and black jack. I've never noticed this at other casinos to such an extent. I bet those security people wouldn't tolerate this behaviour from patrons. I would like to invite the Treasure Bay management to comment on this.

Visited May 2013
Scott W, Guest Relations Manager at Treasure Bay Casino, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you composing a review of our property based on your second visit. Thank you also for providing some details for the conclusions you have drawn. I’ll respond to your concerns in order.

Yes, the price of our dinner buffet has increased through the years. Like any restaurant, the price of the meal is based on the price of the food that is served. Since we offer Dungeness Crab on our dinner buffet, our dinner buffet price has changed to reflect the cost of Dungeness Crab. Dungeness Crab prices have risen dramatically in the last few years which is one reason that we have been the only Casino property on the MS Gulf Coast to offer Dungeness Crab every night. The prices of our breakfast and lunch buffets have only increased modestly in that same timeframe.

In regard to your comment about security there may be some confusion. Our Security Officers are required by Mississippi law (Gaming Control Act) to observe each entrance. They have a specific duty to perform; they are not provided as greeters. Ideally our Security Officers’ demeanor should be simply neutral; an Officer who is pleasantly engaged with one guest may not providing the appropriate attention to other guests who may be entering at the same time.

Lastly, thank you for noticing that some of our table games dealers are lively at various games. We encourage our dealers to have fun with our guests; after all gaming is a form of entertainment. Of course we have many table games dealers who are not as charismatic for those guests who enjoy a more relaxed gaming experience. We do have players who get into the excitement of a hot table game and our Security team understands this desire for fun within reason.

I hope this answers your concerns. I do find it disappointing that you would use the label “not that good” and a lower rating for our property for the perceptions of our product that you have mentioned in your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Covington, Georgia
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“not what it was before the storm”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

I'm writing this review on the casino only, because ive never stayed at the hotel. We have considered staying and I think that it would be fine. The casino is terrible compaired to the old ship. It is what it is, but I really liked the ship. I know there is nothing they can do about that but I really miss the ship. Now as for the people that work there, they were great. The casino was just like no other, and I personally like atmosphere and it has NONE. Sorry but I would not be unhappy if I didnt go to this casino on my trip.

Visited December 2012
Scott W, Guest Relations Manager at Treasure Bay Casino, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
The old fort and pirate ship were a coastal landmark prior to Hurricane Katrina, but one that flooded with every tropical storm and severe weather system than passed through the area. I find it disappointing that you would provide a rating and opinion based on Treasure Bay’s desire to relocate our business to a more secure environment for our guests and our crewmembers after a natural disaster. By TripAdvisors guidelines, a quality review provides factual information, lacks prejudice, and allows the reader to form their own opinion from those facts. In your opinion does your review meet those standards? As for your assertion that our facility lacks atmosphere, I believe the majority of our visitors would disagree with you including the authors of Casino magazine who awarded Treasure Bay - Best Casino Redesign.
palm coast
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Free Play”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Free play on our account. We haven't been invited for any free nights, so can't assess the rooms. Have senior gimmicks for buffets, but we always miss them. Nice layout in casinos. Lots of nooks and crannies

Visited April 2013
1 Thank bobbie a
Scott W, Guest Relations Manager at Treasure Bay Casino, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for composing a review and providing the details of what you liked about our casino and offers. We hope you’ll one day experience our hotel product and also get to take advantage of those Senior Offers; if so we hope you’ll complete another review. Visit us again soon!
Hemphill, Texas, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“$100 refund guarentee hoax”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

My wife and I had never been to Treasure Bay so on April 7,2013 we went because of the $100 refund "guarentee". We played all night (we have played in other casinos so we both made sure our cards were registering). Lost $200 each. The next day when we went to claim our $100 refund, they told me that MY card only showed that I had spent $18 but my wife had indeed spent over $100. When I explained that we had both lost over $100 I was told that they had to go by what was on the card. Now get this. The cashier had to give my wife a new card because thay said that her card was bad. Now if her card was bad how did hers regeister her $100 and mine did not. They treated me like I was a liar. Why would I stand in line to redeem my $100 if I had not lost it. I am a retired law enforcement officer and don't need the $100 refund but just wanted them to honor what they advertise. I won't be back. They have so many cards rigged not to register so thet don't have to pay out everyone who loses $100. My card was in all night but according to them only registered $18. How many people spend all night in a casino and only spend $18. Don't waste your time. IP, Hard Rock,Margaritaville and Boomtown are better casinos and treat you a lot better.

The accusation that we rig our cards so that we can manipulate someone’s play lacks merit. Based on the information you provided it appears that you did not truly understand the rules of the offer. Our new member refund guarantee is not based on the amount you wagered; it is based on a net loss, which is what the signage for that promotion states and also what our Player Services crewmembers explain. We use the same formula to calculate net win/net loss that every casino uses, that is: Total wagers (+) total credits won (=) net win or net loss (a net win if the sum is greater than the amount wagered, a net loss if the sum is less than the amount wagered). By your own admission your wife received the full amount even though her card did not work the following day; and you did not because the credits/amount you won offset your wagers. So technically we reimbursed you for the $18 dollars that you actually lost, just as our new member offer was designed. Our new member program is not a reimbursement of all that you wagered. We have been running this promotion for almost five years, given thousands of refunds to players that represent hundreds of thousands in Slot Play and in that time we have had only one player complain to the Mississippi Gaming Commission; that complaint was based on that player’s misunderstanding of the offer and the Gaming Commission ruled in our favor. As a gesture of good will, we will allow you take advantage of the new member offer again, with the understanding that it is not based on the amount you wagered, but based on your net loss using the formula above.
Mobile, Alabama
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Small, Dirty and Muggy; Nothing Exciting Going on Here!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

This casino needs some major cleaning. It feels like funeral parlor. There was nothing about it that made me want to stay and play, not even a drink. It was dingy, humid and very small. I understand people smoke in casinos but this is unbearable. I had a friend with me who is a smoker and she couldn't handle it. The waitresses were basically non existent and the dealers acted like they wished they were anywhere but there. Won't be back. Too many other casinos that have an exciting feel when you walk in the door.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank LisaGJ
Scott W, Guest Relations Manager at Treasure Bay Casino, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for providing your appraisal of our casino; although I disagree with the conclusions you have drawn. Certainly I understand if you prefer another casino to ours but your references used to make your point seem to be exaggerations. I do hope you’ll visit the Mississippi Gulf Coast again soon; if not our property, perhaps one more suited to your taste.

Been to Treasure Bay Casino? Share your experiences!