“Okay experience” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 46 Hotels in Biloxi
British Columbia, Canada
“Okay experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for one night mid-week on my way along the Gulf Coast. The price and the location were perfect, right across from the beach and walking distance from restaurants and shopping.

I had reserved my room on Expedia and had requested non-smoking. When I checked in the lady at the front desk confirmed again that I wanted non-smoking and I said yes. When I got the key and headed to the room I discovered it was smoking. It smelled horrible. I went back to the front and asked for another room and the lady told me there were no non-smoking rooms left like the one I reserved. I said I didn't care what the room was as long as it was non-smoking. I then was given the first room away from the front desk and beside the outdoor exit. I could hear the front desk phones ringing, people talking and the door opening and closing all night long.

The room itself was okay, nothing special but clean and functional.

I think this hotel is a hit and miss and likely just has good and bad days. Overall an okay hotel.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank RoadtrippingGirl2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

Stayed 1 night. No luggage racks available, doors slamming all night, room dirty. The bed was uncomfortable. We will not be visiting again. When it was time to check out, the front desk was not manned and I was left to wait for 20 minutes. There are better options available in Biloxi.

Stayed July 2014

Travelers are raving about these Biloxi hotels

Clarksville, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Rooms were nice and spacious, was great that there was a full size kitchen at our disposable which helped save on money. The staff were great when we needed anything, giving us suggestions for dinner, extra towels for the room and provided towels for the pool.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Humboldt, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I have only stayed at Motel 6 one other time in my life and it was a terrible experience, so I was very leery about staying in another one. However, after reading several reviews on tripadvisor and looking at some photos, I decided to give this one a shot. I'm glad I did. First of all, for the price, you cannot beat it. Also, our family wanted to bring our dog, and she was able to stay free. There also was plenty of nice grassy areas for her to walk in. I found the hotel to be very clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The pool is small and the beds are a little hard, but again, this is not a five-star resort; it's a Motel 6. If people are looking for luxury, then they're going to have to pay much higher prices. However, if I were to come back to this area, I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Superior double rooms are MUCH larger than the standard double rooms
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Monticello
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

I have never been so mad in my life about a place to stay! The room is disgusting there is sand on the floor and yet I haven't walked to the beach as well as grey hair on the sink and I'm only 24 so it's not mine and dirt in the shower!!! Worst stay ever I should not feel like I need a bleach bath after being here!

• Stayed July 2014
Biloxi, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

We stayed here with our dog and they know how to accommodate people with pets. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The location is very good. Wi-fi is not free and just so-so. If you have a pet this is the place.

Room Tip: during the busy times you may want to stay on the street side, away from the pool
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank GregF699
New Roads
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We have stayed here several times since it was contructed after the storms. They will accommedate pets and are clean comforatble rooms. We have stayed in the "End Rooms" which have a kitchenette, because we were there for nearly a week. This is a well ran star of the Motel 6 chains. I know this because with a pet, Motel 6 is one of the few who will allow them.. The staff offered coupons for a buffet at one of the local Casinos. While we are not much on gambling, we enjoyed a great meal. Didi I say it was free! The Pool was clean, and with the ocean across the street, we were able to take late night walks along the beach. This is a great location. They are priced right in comparison to others and being a rather new building, it is an above par for a discount chain. (nothing discount about this place!)

Room Tip: Rooms on the west end have kitchenette, slighly more cost, but roomy and great for saving on restuar...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple