“Pleased with our choice”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Biloxi
Wingate Inn D'Iberville
Ranked #34 of 47 Hotels in Biloxi
cedar rapids iowa
“Pleased with our choice”
Reviewed April 2, 2012

My wife and I spent a pleasant six nights in March. The service from all staff members was top-notch. The continental breakfast hours were convenient; the offerings included bacon and eggs, waffles, and biscuits and gravy as well as the usual items. We had two bicycles and were encouraged to store them in our room when they were not in use. The hotel is about a 10-minute drive from the beach and casinos. There are numerous full service and fast food restaurants within a short walk, as well as a nice mall just across the street. For the quietest rooms, ask for the low hundreds (example, ours was 402) on floors two through four. Our rooom was clean and quiet. A good value for $69.30 a night.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dionisio44

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
Reviewed February 15, 2012

Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Rooms were nice and clean. Location was great as we could walk to eat, shop, have nails done. Taxi needed for trip to Casinos though. Front door is locked at 'night' for 'safety' even thought there is a place to insert room key??? We had to go around back of dark building to enter hotel (not too good for our safety!) Great breakfast buffet. Closed 10 minutes early and didn't restock food. So, get there at least 1/2 hour before breakfast closes.

We enjoyed our stay here.

Overall, very nice hotel. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Taxi needed to Casinos.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kaykeey
Reviewed July 8, 2011

Our room was dated and musty. Decor looks like its from the 80's. Bathroom had mold all through the shower curtain and around the fixtures. Hair (not ours) in the tub. Hair and toilet paper in the toilet (again, not ours). I complained to the manager and was mo Ed across the hall. No mold in this room, no hair. Still old. Not worth the cheap price. Locations great if you want to be close to shopping and chain restaurants. Next time I'd pay the extra money and stay at a casino.

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank Liese531
bessemer, al.
Reviewed June 26, 2011

I had made reservations earlier in the year for an overnight trip to see a concert at IP. When I made the reservations online at the Wingate website, I indicated a smoking room and the rate was less than $100. Upon check-in, I was notified that it had been converted to a "non-smoking" facility in April. I had not been contacted by Wingate to be notified of this fact even though my e-mail address is on file. Contrary to the fact that this is a non-smoking facility, they had a sign posted by the elevators that said "This is a non-smoking facility. Smoking is permitted in designated guest rooms only." So where was my designated guest room? Then, knowing that we would be going outside to smoke, they put us on the 4th floor. What was the clerk thinking? Needless to say, I was seeing red.

As if that wasn't enough, upon check out we were charged $111.20 plus taxes for our room, even though the reservation I had made was for less than $100. Once again, seeing red. I definitely was not a happy camper.

I e-mailed Wingate to sound off, and got a reply saying that the GM would contact me by June 30th. So what? Damage is done. Never again will I consider a Wingate hotel when traveling.

Room Tip: Go someplace else....
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank sherryj223

Travelers are raving about these Biloxi hotels

Grapevine, Texas
Reviewed February 28, 2011

This hotel is very nice and about 5 mile north of the coast, but only 1 traffic light away, as it's at the entrance to I110 south, for a bee-line to the beach.

Having driven for 7 hours interrupted with a 4 hour visit with my niece, I was exhausted on arrival here and back on the road early, so sorry, I can't offer a lot of detail. I will say the room was very clean with micro and fridge included. My only complaint was the typical peanut-type foam pillow that I find to be hard and bouncy. The staff was very pleasant at check in and out. (no Wi-Fi)

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Biloxi
Courtyard Biloxi North/D'Iberville
Home2 Suites Biloxi North / D'Iberville
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#39 of 47 in Biloxi

Been to Wingate Inn D'Iberville? Share your experiences!