“Never ever again!!!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Biloxi
Wingate Inn D'Iberville
Ranked #34 of 47 Hotels in Biloxi
bessemer, al.
“Never ever again!!!!”
Reviewed June 26, 2011

I had made reservations earlier in the year for an overnight trip to see a concert at IP. When I made the reservations online at the Wingate website, I indicated a smoking room and the rate was less than $100. Upon check-in, I was notified that it had been converted to a "non-smoking" facility in April. I had not been contacted by Wingate to be notified of this fact even though my e-mail address is on file. Contrary to the fact that this is a non-smoking facility, they had a sign posted by the elevators that said "This is a non-smoking facility. Smoking is permitted in designated guest rooms only." So where was my designated guest room? Then, knowing that we would be going outside to smoke, they put us on the 4th floor. What was the clerk thinking? Needless to say, I was seeing red.

As if that wasn't enough, upon check out we were charged $111.20 plus taxes for our room, even though the reservation I had made was for less than $100. Once again, seeing red. I definitely was not a happy camper.

I e-mailed Wingate to sound off, and got a reply saying that the GM would contact me by June 30th. So what? Damage is done. Never again will I consider a Wingate hotel when traveling.

Room Tip: Go someplace else....
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank sherryj223

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Grapevine, Texas
Reviewed February 28, 2011

This hotel is very nice and about 5 mile north of the coast, but only 1 traffic light away, as it's at the entrance to I110 south, for a bee-line to the beach.

Having driven for 7 hours interrupted with a 4 hour visit with my niece, I was exhausted on arrival here and back on the road early, so sorry, I can't offer a lot of detail. I will say the room was very clean with micro and fridge included. My only complaint was the typical peanut-type foam pillow that I find to be hard and bouncy. The staff was very pleasant at check in and out. (no Wi-Fi)

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Biloxi
Courtyard Biloxi North/D'Iberville
Home2 Suites Biloxi North / D'Iberville
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#39 of 47 in Biloxi

Been to Wingate Inn D'Iberville? Share your experiences!