“FOOD SUCKS”
Review of Beau Rivage Casino

Beau Rivage Casino
Ranked #2 of 57 things to do in Biloxi
More attraction details
Owner description: This Gulf Coast casino resort offers the whole package: accommodations, dining, gaming, shopping, charter boat fishing, access to 19 championship golf courses and big-name acts for nighttime entertainment.
Cordova
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“FOOD SUCKS”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

It's been 20 years since I last visited Biloxi and the main reason was my terrible experience with the casino(s) and the buffet(s). Everything is WAY over priced and VERY poor quality.

First off, you're paying for crab legs that I rather not even have, but you have no choice here. OK, so I tempt eating these and as usual they were WAY OVER COOKED! OMG, they were damn near boiled to oblivion. There was no way you were going to get the crab meat out of these legs. A complete idiot could do a better job cooking these on their first try.

Same for the boiled shrimp. They were boiled for SO LONG that the shell of the shrimp became one with the meat inside the shrimp. Most of the time over cooked shrimp becomes rubbery and difficult to peel. These were IMPOSSIBLE to peel and the meat literally turned to mush. There was no way to eat this shrimp. I gave up!

So, I went for the prime rib. Absolutely no flavor what so ever and it was TOUGH! I've never had tough prime rib. This was a first for me.

So, I resorted to eating the fried shrimp. Fried shrimp is pretty idiot proof especially when it is pre-batter FROZEN crap out of a bag! You have to be freaking kidding me! It tasted just like the battered/fried/frozen stuff I buy at Wal-Mart and drop in my deep fryer. It had to be the exact same brand and everything.

So, I had the waiter to throw all that away and I went back for something else and there I saw them bring out FRESH fried oysters....YEAH!! I was in heaven! They were huge and hot and you could tell they were hand battered and deep fried. When I got to my table I was VERY disappointed! They were cooked just long enough to make the batter stick. They were still RAW in the middle! These were huge oysters and to have these barely cooked on the outside and very gooey on the inside was gross. Once again, I had to throw them away.

At this point, I just gave up and accepted the fact that I wasted $33.00.

So, I went to the desert bar. They had a chocolate pie looking desert with a swirl of something going through it. Like everything else at this buffet, there was no label telling you what the hell it was. I thought it was cheese cake. I figured I would get a glass of wine and have a slice of cheese cake. NOT! One bite of this pie and I discovered it was the $3.00 Betty Crocker refrigerator/no-bake pie mix that you buy at Wal-Mart! I'm not kidding you. This was the crap you buy at Wal-Mart in a box for $3.00 so you can feed the kids staying at your house for a sleep over. This is not something you pay 30 freaking dollars for!! Don't get me wrong, I've made a few of these myself and enjoyed/like eating them. There is one MAJOR difference here though. The one you make at home stays in the REFRIGERATOR like ice cream stays in the freezer. When you set this stuff out at room temperature it turns into one big soggy blob that a fork can pick up. TOTALLY REDICULOUS!

So, I gave at that point and went to the casino. As with my last experience here 20 years ago, the machines are way too tight. You can blow $50.00 in 5 minutes EASILY. I can go to Tunica and play $50.00 for 3 or more hours. I can go to Greenville, MS and play all night for $50.00 and the buffets at both of these cities is WAY better than anything Biloxi has to offer.

Visited June 2013
6 Thank jim38018

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Navarre, Florida, Usa
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Play at the Beau”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Variety of machines and tables. Luxury casino feel. Service is good and the atmosphere did not feel too smoky.

Round Rock, Texas
211 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 131 helpful votes
“pretty place”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We loved this place..top notch ..clean and excellent service! It is well decorated..hopping with people though

Port Hope
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Very convenient to downtown. Classy, Takes "Caesars" cards, staff was good but very formal. Would have been nice to stay there to experience more of the hotel etc.

Visited April 2013
Kenosha, Wisconsin
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Beau Rivage is a beautiful resort in Biloxi”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We spent a couple days gambling at the Beau Rivage. Lovely casino. We did not use any other service at the Beau Rivage.