“Reuion Stay”

Ranked #17 of 47 Hotels in Biloxi
A TripAdvisor Member
Picayune, Mississippi
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Love the friendly staff they are so helpful and considerate. Was disappointed in the Guest not cleaning up after there small dogs went outside every where. We have a large Catahoula mix dog Jolee 3 yrs old and we always clean up after her. The staff here has supplied the needed equipment to clean up after your pet but the LAZY people with small dogs dont clean up they want the staff to do it which is wrong not there pet. Hope these people dont have the rights taken away for everyone else that does clean up after there Pets? Plus why do these little dogs make so much NOISE I think its the pet owners fault for allowing there dogs to be so noisy! Very Rude to other guest .

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Laura V, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Biloxi, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

Thank you so much for sharing your experience regarding your stay here in Biloxi. I am very glad that you found our staff to be courteous and helpful as we truly value the opportunity to be your home away from home. I apoloize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with other guest's pets in the hotel. While we are pleased to be a pet friendly hotel, we certainly appreciate our responsible pet owners as our goal is to make the hotel comfortable for all of our guests. I hope we have the chance to host you again the next time your travels bring you to Biloxi.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Very friendly staff! The room was great. The only complaint was it did smell like dog. I traveled with 2 dogs and was impressed with the treatment we received. The dog walk was also very nice. I think it would be better for pet friendly rooms to have tile instead of carpet.

Room Tip: Higher floor if traveling with pets
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank eaj549

Dear valued guest,

I appreciate your input and I will share your compliment with our staff about the friendly service you received while staying at our hotel. I also appreciate the feedback pertaining to the"pet smell". I will certainly adddress this with our housekeeping team and we will make sure this does not happen in the future. I hope we will have the honor to host your stay next time you are in the Biloxi area.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

If you want the very best for your buck then stay at Biloxi La quinta staff is great not up in your business as most others. I enjoy this hotel mostly that staff work together and all shine as a team. I get the very best here for my money and thats whats up these days. Mr Tracy

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Laura V, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Biloxi, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Mr. Tracy, I appreciate your feedback and I am very glad our staff friendliness exceeded your expectations. I hope that we will have the honor of being your home away from home if your travels bring you to the Biloxi area in the future.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

First I will say the staff is great, very accommodating and my room was fine.
The problem is the place seems and smells like a pet hotel. If you value sleeping or not being interrupted by barking dogs, this is not the place for you.
The dog owners have no regard for the behavior of their pets and often leave them unattended. The hotel hallway smelled like dog "poo" when I was there.
I made a complaint and even requested to be moved to another room to no avail.
It seems the pets and their owners take priority over the comfort of other guests.
I ended up checking out and moving to another hotel; electing peace and quiet over discounted pet hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank RJLittle
Laura V, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Biloxi, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel. Thanks for the compliments on our staff and accomodations. From time to time the pets do cause some issues. I'm sorry you experienced that. We have more good days with pets than bad. Thanks again for the review.+

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Enjoy Laquinta inns and have stayed in Texas and Florida superior service awesome breakfast. But this one in Biloxi is lacking food wise. Staff is quite friendly and very helpful. Easy location to find close to beaches. Dog friendly and amble parking.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out a review. We appreciate each and every guests input. We strive to please all of our guests.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

The bed wasn't bad, but it didn't feel as crisp as a Marriott's, nor did the shower with no high pressure setting. I liked that it was pet-friendly and totally non-smoking (a plus in smoky MS). The 2 desk clerks were fantastic, and one of them got me a 2nd night for me which wasn't available when I first checked in. He was nice enough to reduce the price to match my first night, which I didn't even ask for. The maids were very nice and attentive, offering extra supplies. The breakfast was standard. The other gripes I have are moderate and nothing to do with the staff. 1. The stairways were dirty. 2. There was no bathroom fan or functioning air duct. I won't explain how one can take that simple thing for granted. 3. No bathroom door lock. 4. Deadbolt didn't work, but they offered to take care of it right away. I declined, because the dog was going to be in the room during the day. 5. Crumbling plaster by the A/C unit. The manager said that was due to be fixed. 6. We wanted one extra pillow - not available. The room seemed a bit worn overall, but at least the carpet wasn't disgusting. It seems like a lot of 3 star or less motels these days are always "going to be renovated soon". I know it's a never-ending job, because people treat motel rooms like garbage, but I sometimes wonder where all their profit goes. The room could have been spruced up substantially with a few hours work (nicked paint on the wall, etc.) We were all just pretty happy to find something that would take our pet after we walked out of the Super 8 nearby. This place seemed like a 5-star in comparison to that.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Thank you so much for the compliment on our staff. The manager that you spoke with is correct. We are about to continue our renovations of the entire hotel. We started with the flooring and will be continuing with renovations in the building, including painting and updating our guest rooms. We will be adding an internet cafe and a pantry (small store for guests to purchase items). Maybe next time you visit, our process will be complete!

A TripAdvisor Member
Golden Meadow, Louisiana
Reviewed July 13, 2014

We only had one problem through out our week stay. Our neighbors dogs were left in the room and barked until they returned. It would be nice if pets were designated to one floor. Other than barking dogs the stay was great. They have a great staff, great location and good prices. Not enough of breakfast selection. We would like to give a huge Thank You to Nola! You were a great help through out our stay.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you so much for the compliment on our staff. We try to go above and beyond to insure a wonderful stay for our guests. I apologize for your issue with another guests animals. We are working on our breakfast. We are preparing to completely renovate and upgrade our breakfast area, including selections. We value your opinion. Thanks for taking the time to send in a review!