New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Biloxi

La Quinta Inn & Suites Biloxi
Ranked #15 of 46 Hotels in Biloxi
Bremen, Alabama
“Great pet-friendly hotel: new, clean and conveniently located.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

This was our first vacation with our dogs and we expected a less-than-average room (like we got at Days Inn in Gulf Shores, AL). We were pleasantly surprised to be given a first floor room near an exit that was large, beautifully decorated and had all the amenities: fridge, microwave, coffeemaker, high-speed internet, wifi, etc. There was a nice pool and hot tub on an enclosed patio, a well-equipped exercise room and a very nice continental breakfast with hard-boiled eggs, waffles, biscuits and gravy and fruit available 24/7. Best of all, the bill was exactly what was quoted when we made the reservations (no tacked-on taxes and fees like at Days Inn).

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
lqbiloxi, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Biloxi, responded to this review, May 23, 2011
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I am so glad to know you enjoyed your stay with us and had a great experience during your stay. Thank you for choosing La Quinta Inn & Suites in Biloxi, MS. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Frankfurt, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2011

I stayed for one night at the LQ when I was travelling from Western Louisiana to Florida. The hotel is located just off I-10 and can easily be found (well, you'll need to look for a sign since the hotel is in the second row behind some shops and restaurants, but still, it's right there...). It is one of the new LQ properties which generall have a nice lobby, warm color selection, quality furniture and good in-room equipment (Wifi, refrigerator, microwave, flatscreen TV). Everything was clean and working. The staff was very friendly both at checkin and checkout. Oh yeah, I got to try out the place during a tremendous rain/thunderstorm, the parking lot clears good, not a sign of flooding and no water in the rooms either, solid building...
Since the hotel is located behind some other buildings, there is no audible street noise, I found everything to be nice and quiet, but yet central. Restaurants, gas station and some shops are close by/in walking distance.
Not much to say: if you need a place to stay, feel free to select this one. You may even consider staying longer and visiting the beaches near Biloxi, which aren't overly far from the hotel. Friendly, clean, convenient, the only thing you may need to get used to is the increased LQ prices. Other than that, not a doubt.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
lqbiloxi, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Biloxi, responded to this review, April 27, 2011
Thanks so much for your positive feedback! We value our guests and honestly strive to provide an excellent experience for your stay here on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. Thanks!
Tallahassee, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2010

We were very pleased with this hotel. It's new and the staff was very helpful and friendly. We were traveling with a dog, cat and almost two year old. The suite was beautiful and had enough room for the pack-n-play in one room and me and hubby in the other. It was also very pet friendly. And the breakfast was good too! We drive from Florida to Texas every year and we will be staying here again!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thanks so much for your feedback! I hope you had a safe trip to Texas and we look foward to seeing you the next trip through our area. We are so proud of our suites and I am glad that you and your family found it to be comfortable.
Arlington, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2010

Stayed overnight here due to personal travel. Checked in late, which was handled great. I had called ahead of time and warned them I would have a very late check in and they said that was fine. My reservation was correct and I went to my room. The room looks great but the walls are paper thin. I can hear the people next door talking, then I can hear their tv...the room on the other side of mine has a dog, which started barking at 11:00 pm. I can understand some noise in a hotel room but it sounded as if these people and dog were standing in my room....needless to say, it was loud. The only other complain I have is for the towels in the bathroom. Stains and dingy white is not good. At this point, they should really replace the towels in the hotel. I had to pick the cleanest looking one of the three.

The business center had no paper in the printer and when I asked the front desk for paper, I was told the first 2 sheets are free and it's 25 cents per sheet after.

Overall, though, it did suite it's purpose but I would not choose to stay there if I were in the area for vacation...more of a cheap necessity at the time.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
We very much appreciate your feedback and I am sorry that you did not have the experience that we strive to provide to our guests. We do order towels on a regular basis to keep them new and fresh, but rest assured, I will address this with our Executive Housekeeper to make sure she disgards any towels that are not in the best of shape. I apologize. We do not usually recieve noise complaints here at the hotel, however it sounds like you did expereince some issues with noise in the adjacent room and for this I am also truly sorry. I hope you will give us another chance if in the area and please call me directly if you make reservations so I may personally upgrade your next stay. Thanks again for the honest feedback.
Ft Worth TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2010

We were in Biloxi for the week, and we travel with our dogs. We love La Quinta since they
are so pet friendly. This location is clean, nice comfortable beds, nice area to walk dogs
around for their potty breaks. Good location, only 10 minutes to beach and alot of
restaurants and gyms close by. Enjoyed our stay. Go to coffee shop across the street
for great fresh grind coffees!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thanks so much for the wonderful review and I will share with my staff your positive feedback. We work (and train) very hard to be "Here For You" when you travel and I am glad to see that this is the experience that we provided to you. We also very much welcome our four-legged friends as well. See you next trip! (I'm drinking some of that delicious coffee now!)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2010

This was a stop on a long trip between Texas and Florida. We had 2 pets with us so appreciated the pet-friendly, no extra charge policy. Clean rooms, helpful staff, convenient Applebee's restaurant right next door.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thanks so much for your feedback and I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I really hope you enjoyed that trip to Florida! If you make the trip again this year we hope to be your 'stop on the way'. The Appleebees is located in our parking lot and it is very convienient for a drink or bite to eat. I will also share with our Executive Housekeeper you comments on the cleanliness of the hotel- she works very hard on this and is very proud of our exceptional scores in this area. Again, thanks for your business and taking the time to share your thoughts on TripAdvisor.
Laredo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2010

We stayed at this hotel one night during a road trip.

When checking in, I thought we were going to have a problem, as we reserved a two-room king suite with a privacy door, but they tried to give us a regular suite. Apparently, another guest's room had a problem, and they were upgraded to a two-room suite. But fortunately, Sean at the front desk rearranged a few things and we got the room we reserved.

Both rooms were spacious and clean. The hotel had a crib available for our baby with a nice thick mattress. The bed was very nice too, with lots of pillows and nice linens.

Other newer La Quinta's have small tv's in the bathrooms. This one didn't for some reason, but really it wasn't a big deal. It's simply a nice perk I've seen in other La Quinta's.

We had our small dog with us, and no hassles. They are very pet-friendly!

The breakfast buffet was good, but there was no high chair available. That was the only negative during the stay.

There's an Applebee's restaurant conveniently located in the same parking lot.

It's a good, well-priced hotel, and I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family