“Amazing Aamarpali”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 14, 2014

We live very close to the restaurant and we are addicted! I have tried dishes from many Indian restaurants and I am still a lover of Aamarpali! The food and friendly service is second to none! And great value for money. 10 out of 10 for me!

4  Thank DGTurner

Reviewed May 8, 2014

Not a place for a romantic dinner. Lights blaring, people coming and going.

They tend to get busy with takeaways and people come and go all evening. I think the takeway takes precedence over dine in, and ordering meals and cooking of the dine in meals can take a bit of time. The lady who was serving was reasonably friendly despite being busy.

Because of the size and limited space the seating arrangements are not really the best.

Onion bhaji okay, but the best I've had is from the Indian Empire in Launceston. Mains are fairly standard but are a decent size serve. I had chicken and my partner lamb, he enjoyed the lamb much more than I enjoyed the chicken (that said the chicken was okay). Cucumber raita could have done with more cucumber it was mostly yoghurt.

It's BYO, can't remember the corkage but recall it was fairly reasonable.

Meal prices are not too expensive.

10  Thank 2shea
Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

We went in for an early dinner so there was only one other small group in the restaurant so we were served pretty fast. I love the vegetable curry and rice, my husband had the tandoori lamb cutlets which he thoroughly enjoyed. Our drinks were apple juice which was very refreshing. They do lovely big naan breads too.

4  Thank TasMum
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Been to this restaurant over the years many times and absolutely love it. It is run by a husband and wife team and family and isn't flash an in interior wise but the food is what you actually go there for. We always choose 2 curries we had the Korma that was spiced up for us and the Chennai which was beautifully flavoured and spicy. The naan bread is the best I have eaten anywhere and have tried most of their entrée selections as well. They can beef the curries up for you spice wise or tone it down for you. The meat is cooked in the sauce which is important and tender and juicy not dry and reheated. They are BYO and the whole night costs you less that $50 what a treat on an awful Sunday night.

8  Thank TasmaniaLovesydney
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Have you been India? still missing those flavour. I reckon then you must try here, come here for the incredible food, and very sure you will love there mild Butter chicken, chicken korma and hot lamb madras with garlic nan. Its full value of money. cheap & best in Tasmania.

9  Thank Messy g