“Glad we found!”
Review of Belmont Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Belmont
Belmont Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Belmont
Reviewed October 25, 2013

My mother and I stayed at The Belmont just for a night as we were passing through along The Trace. Nice accommodations and the owner was very hospitable. A very nostalgic place to stay! There aren't too many places to eat dinner in Belmont but the Mexican place across the street, Costa Oaxaquena, was good.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Lisa A

Reviewed October 14, 2013

The Belmont is a great place to stay if you are biking the trace. It's a days ride north of Tupelo. Our host was welcoming. The rooms were comfortable and the breakfast tasty. Be sure to have dinner across the street at Costa Oaxaquena.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank M.A.W. L.A.
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Last week my daughter, little son, and my sister and I stayed at the hotel. It fit in with our trip down memory lane. The rooms were comfortable and quiet. Rooms were large and the beds were good. I would stay here again. The man from Natchez Trace was very nice and helpful. The man at the desk was not as friendly. The man who was in charge of breakfast was very nice. I would say if you are in this area stay here. Iuka did not have a better place.

Room Tip: We were in the bottom room. Didn't have to go up the steep stairs.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Margaret A
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I almost didn't stay at the Belmont because of the negative reviews I found here. I spoke with the gentleman that books hotels and B&Bs along the Natchez Trace and he assured me that it was a suitable hotel. I decided to try it and I'm happy that I did. First of all, there is absolutely nothing wrong with this establishment. It was charming, clean and you'll be hard pressed to find a nicer man at the front desk.

This is an older building. I would bet that in it's day this hotel was the jewel of the area. Don't come here expecting a modern, up to date hotel with all the bells and whistles. Again - it's a clean, comfortable, modest place to sleep.

The hot water takes a long time to get to your room if you happen to be at the front of the building where I was, but if you're patient, it does arrive. I'd suggest turning it on while you do something else for five or ten minutes.

Breakfast is basic - but hey, consider the price. For what they charge here I think it was terrific that they offered anything at all.

When I checked in I asked if I could pay them something extra to allow some friends (that had opted to camp nearby) to clean up in my room. They were perfectly fine with that and didn't charge me a thing. In the morning when I asked where I could buy some ice for our cooler he not only offered me ice from their machine, but helped me fill some bags and carry it out to the vehicle.

I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank RetiredinPA2
Reviewed July 18, 2011

I'm originally from Belmont and have been coming back every year since I moved in 1988. I've seen the hotel go through several changes (for the better). The previous owner got to where she was unable to take care of the place. The new owners have done a great job at restoring it from the condition it was in. Mr. and Mrs. Deaton are always hospitable every time I stay there. Looking forward to my trip back to Belmont next year.

• Stayed: July 2011
3  Thank emt08
Reviewed March 26, 2011

Due to bad weather, my husband and I stayed overnight at the Belmont Hotel on the way back from vacation enroute to our home in Memphis. The B&B husband owner was rude when we checked in, the first floor bedroom and bath was absolutely filthy beyond description with a strong moldy smell and the wiring was dangerous. We left using the bathroom as little as possible and did not eat the prepackaged store bought breakfast food. There was a For Sale sign in the window and whoever eventually buys this place is going to have a lot of work on their hands.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gps1951
Reviewed August 17, 2010

Some of my cousins always like to stay here and I could not understand why. When I stayed there before I thought that it was awful except for the lobby and dining areas. Some of the rooms shared the bath and furnishings were out-of-date. Since I no longer drive at night, I needed to stay where other family members were staying. I called and spoke to the male owner, and got a reservation on the second floor.

When I arrived, the door was locked, but, thankfully, one of my cousins was in the lobby and let me in. The owner soon arrived and check-in was easy and he helped me get my luggage upstairs.

The room was small but roomy enough for me. There was a bed, table, chest of drawers, TV, bedside table and Lavatory in the room and a small room with toilet and very clean tile shower. There was no closet, only 4 hooks on the wall with no coat hangers. I was able to get some from a cousin, but I recommend taking your own.

This is not a true Bed and Breakfast since breakfast is a continental breakfast similar to some hotel chains. The food is pre-prepared and set out buffet style with toaster and microwave.

I learned that the hotel had been sold and renovated since I had been there before. It was a very good venue for a family get-together close to the church where we would be attending "Homecoming" on Sunday. While we were there, we decided to rent the eating area for our catered Saturday night dinner for nest year and two of us reserved rooms on the ground floor. We need to fill only three more rooms to qualify for the discounted rate for the eating area. Since we rented 6 this year, I think that will be no problem.

I recommend this place for an extended family gathering. I am not sure I would choose it if I were traveling alone.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Aldaughter

Been to Belmont Hotel? Share your experiences!