“Long wait - horrible service”
Review of Trapani's Eatery

Trapani's Eatery
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

First we got a dirty table on the patio where our chairs were sitting at an angel- then we waited 20 mins and still no one had waited on us. Ridiculous! Went across the street to the blind tiger and it was much better!

Reviewed July 30, 2014

I really enjoyed the outdoor seating. The fresh shrimp po-boy was delicious!! The waitress we had was very nice.

1  Thank firedancer34
Reviewed July 29, 2014

My husband and I stopped in for dinner on a weekend getaway to Bay St. Louis. Several tripadvisor reviews and other locals recommended we have dinner at Trapani's. I got the Stuffed Flounder Bay St. Louis (fish topped with crab dressing). I am a crab meat lover and I found this kind of tasteless. The sauce they put on top was globby and not very good. My husband got paneed chicken (basically chicken parmesean) and he enjoyed his. I had a bite and while it wasn't the best paneed chicken I've ever had, it was definitely better than what I ordered. All in all, we weren't really impressed by the food or the service. And the prices, while not high, were higher than I thought they should be for the quality of food. The service wasn't great, but we give them a pass on that since they were extremely busy as we went during the weekend of Harbor Fest. On the positive side, the restaurant looked nice -- the decor and atmosphere was nice. And you can't beat the location -- right on the beach.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

We were there during a busy weekend, so I'm sure that played into our experience here, but I have to say it was sub-par. Their wait staff was just not equipped to handle a busy night, the hostess was all over the place, and it took longer to get us to a table than it really should have. Our appetizer of spinach and artichoke dip was GREAT, but definitely set the bar too high for their entrees. My husband's seafood platter was tiny for the price, and just kind of thrown on the plate. I order the Bay St. Louis Flounder and barely ate 3 bites of it because the sauce on it was so roux-y and overpowered the entire dish.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

Had a large group of 10 that set in an area that wasn't very conducive to group talk, but wasn't terrible either. Good menu with many choices, several specialties that were outstanding. We did a lot of sharing, it's really easy with the entrée size so large.

This is a very casual setting, lots of families so it can be noisy and service stretched. But food quality was very good with reasonable prices.