“Fantastic Service”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I travel on average 200 days a year for business. i always make it a point to take in the local flare when I visit a new town. I found this cool little restaurant And bar down by the beach. I was very surprised that the restaurant was packed on a Thursday night. I choose to enjoy dinner and a few drinks upstairs in the bar area. One of my best moves of the week, the service provided by Holly and Laura was fantastic. Their attention to detail to make sure that one my glass was never empty and two food was delivered to my specification was hands down best service I had recieved all week traveling. Can't wait to get back to the Gulf coast and enjoy this gem of a restaurant again. Thanks William

1  Thank William T
There are newer reviews for Trapani's Eatery

Reviewed December 14, 2012

I always have a good experience at Trapani's. Sure, when they are busy the service like any other busy restaurant can be hectic, but Hey, this is the South, relax and don't expect to be able to scarf down a fresh meal made from scratch in 30-45 minutes. I notice a lot of the negative reviews are from out of towners and we welcome you out of towners. But when I visit your areas the servers are not near as friendly as Trapanis wait staff and certainly not any quicker. Trapani's serves nothing frozen, everything is fresh and the prices beat any East Coast Yankee Seafood joint that I have ever been to. Keep it up Trapani's!

Reviewed December 12, 2012

This is the first time I have ever felt compelled to write an online review of a restaurant ,and this is the second site that I am posting this one to. I have never been so disgusted with the food I received in a retaurant. I can only hope that sharing my horrible experience here can dissuade someone else from making the same mistake that my husband and I did. We are not from Bay St. Louis, and were looking for a nice spot to grab lunch. The outside and interior of this restaurant was very fresh and updated, and there was a good lunch crowd already eating, so we felt confident in our choice of restaurant. What a mistake. As we were reading the menu, I noticed that the prices were a little higher than I had expected-- particularly for a lunch menu. They charge $5 for a side of steamed broccoli-- really? Our son got the kids fried shrimp plate-- it came with 5 fried shrimp and some frozen french fried for $7. We ordered the red royal shrimp ($12) as an appetizer, and ordered the stuffed flounder ($20) and house salad to share. The appetizer was overcooked-- very tough and chewy-- we each ate one and couldn't choke down the rest. They came with melted "butter" to dip in-- the "butter" was thick and had a metallic taste. The waiter brought out the house salad that came with our entree next-- brown, wilted iceberg lettuce, 5 shaved ribbons of carrots, and half of a cherry tomato doused in watery ranch dressing. Finally the entree came out-- you couldn't even see the flounder on the plate because it was so drenched in whatever brown sauce they poured all over it. The side was buttered spaghetti noodles. Everything served to us was bland and had a terrible texture-- like frozen food that had been nuked in a microwave. It was so terrible, we couldn't even choke down enough food to stave off our hunger pains. $46 later we left still starving and went to grab a burger. I have never left a restaurant so disappointed. What a waste.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

This restaurant did not impress me at all. Service was o.k., but the place was empty so what else did they have to do. Our food was not very good at all. It was a disappointing experience. Wouldn't recommend.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

I have been to the restaurant three times and never again! Unless you enjoy artificial cocktails, do not waste your money on drinks. Even their famous special was awful. If you sit outside, you have to pay each time they serve you. The waiter told me that it was too difficult for him to keep track the orders. We had reservations for 35 people for a special event related to work which were made several days before. We got there and no one knew about the reservations. To make the things worse, they arranged a room which is suitable maximum of 15 people for the 35 people group even though the larger areas were free. Half of the group had to leave to sit elsewhere because it was merely impossible to fit in there. Most people did not get what they ordered and some had their food served several hours later. The waitress kept holding dripping hot plates above my head while she served others without any consideration of my wellbeing or my $ 850 dress! None of the food served resembled what was listed in the menu. Mediocre food and really poor service! Clearly there is no type of management or oversight for the restaurant.

1  Thank TigerX369