All reviewshollywood casinoepic buffetbay stoystersvalet parkingsnack barcrab legsjordan riveroff the beaten pathcoffee shopview of the baynice staynew orleansnice roomroad tripparking lotgambling
Reviewed August 14, 2017

We have stayed here several times, over the past 10 years or so. It is nice to take our grandkids to the pool and lazy river. However, the smell of smoke and general dinginess is now getting to me. The carpets are filthy and the whole place is showing it's age. Our room was not ready for us (at 3:00) and we had to wait til close to 5:00 to get in. There are rarely any Bell hops handy. Some of the salads (in the downstairs snack bar) were actually moldy! You get exactly 2 towels per room and seemingly no perks for being loyal.The water in the pool is actually looking questionable, too. Sorry, Hollywood Casino, I have to fess up!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the pool so you do not have to look at the air conditioning.
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2017 via mobile

We visit the buffet at around 11:15 line went quite quick; 14 hungry in our group! Josh hep us big time he was very profesional. His assistance was Avery big help since we were missing 6 in our group. We were able to hold an extra table for us.
Once seated seated let the feast begin!!! From salad to soup to the steaks, creole dishes and of course my favorite the Crab legs and shrimp we love it!!!!!! My favorite was te dessert station one of the best I seen. This buffet couldn't have bee a hot without the help and efforts of Nicole our waitress!! She was on point super helpful to our needs and specially for bringing a slice of cake and a candle for the birthday boy !!! Very employee had a smile in their face the kitchen look very clean and so were each stations!! The price was also very reasonable!!! Love this place! Oh by the way we hit to see the pools area with the lazy river it looks spectacular we are planning a future visit in September for another bday party . Thanks everyone at Hollywood for being the very best. Oh we also Did a little gambling; the smoke was not that offensive we just came from Vegas and it was almost the same level of comfort!!!! great job on the aspect!!!!

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2017 via mobile

Husband and I stayed one night here and really enjoyed our stay! I read the negative reviews, but decided to take a chance . We have stayed at other Hollywood properties and enjoyed our stay very much.
The building did have a heavy smoke smell was the only negative we encountered. We also enjoyed the buffet.
I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2017 via mobile

We visited her for a business meeting for two days. I was pleasantly surprised coming back to a place that I was not looking forward to being.

I must say although not known I feel they must be under new management. And to be fair of not knowing when the policy, staff and management changes took place. Here is my open ion.

The obvious manicured entrance and grounds are back to status more becoming to a resort. My congratulations to the grounds and maintenance crews for a job well done.

Entering the hotel you could also tell the changes made to the housekeeping too. Wile they have not quite come up to the resort level the have have gotten much closer to it. I give them A for effort and encourage them on continuing an often unrelenting job of perfection. that's necessary to maintain a Hotel of this caliber. You have come a long way and your efforts and teamwork have not gone in noticed.

The room was excellent, with one reservation. when I checked the bed I always check for clean sheets. I found what I feel were som that may not have been changed. (Sheets that have random wrinkles could be ones that may have set in the dryer too long or Ina pile after removed ... but sheets that have large folding wrinkles running to to bottom of bed represent smut that have possibly been used already). Having found the latter I opted to request that the housekeeper I passed on my floor come and change them. Which she did without question. And I thanked her for her effort and dropped the subject.

Last prior to check in I specifically as for a room that definitely had internet for work. I was told that all rooms have internet. And again this year there was no access to the internet from this room. Immediately I called the front desk and was told some on would come and check the issue. No one ever came nor was the issue ever resolved. This was the same issue as my last visit. And in my opinion they need to resolve or just say no internet in rooms

I give them a poor performance on still not providing the free wireless in all rooms as stated on website and when specifically ask!

While the over all appearance has greatly improved...
I feel a three star for effort. But still lack the resort atmosphere.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed July 26, 2017

First of all the young lady at the desk tells my husband she can't check us in until 3pm or until her boss says it's okay and her boss didn't come in until later. My husband work at another hotel in another state and when people come in early if there is a room available they check that person in. Believe me this place wasn't booked to full capacity. Finally after 3 we get our room the door doesn't close without you pushing it closed. The carpet was stained. The shower had mildew in the corner and the tub had been repaired from being chipped more than once it seems. The roof of the shower had pealing paint. I will never stay there again. If I were you I would check out the hotels along the beach. Plus the place to eat in there wasn't much a Rueben sandwich for $10 is more than one slice of corn beef (should've been multiple slices) with Russian dressing not thousand island, and very little sauerkraut. The soft drink dispenser also had a weird smell. STAY AWAY from Hollywood.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family