“roaches” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Bay Saint Louis
Pearl, Mississippi
“roaches”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2011

we stayed there on 10/21/2011....upon walking in our room there were roaches crawling in the bathroom sink and found them again in the morning when we got up....the coffee pot was disgusting and could not be used...was white crusted and inch thick where you put the water in...when we told the front desk of the conditions they acted unconcerned and told us to have anice day...for the price you pay for these rooms to find roaches i certainly would expect a reduction in the rate at least but to have an i do care attitude is very poor business...i will not stay there again

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank melinda p

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Georgia (USA)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2011

As an avid slot player, I have enjoyed my many trips to Hollywood Bay St. Louis. I have addicted many of my friends to this place as well. We like to refer to Hollywood as our little secret. The hotel is older and could use an update. With that said, let me state that I have NEVER had a problem with check-in or my room. The rooms have always been clean and internet is provided.
The quality of the food on the buffet is far and above better than most on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. For that matter, it is better than any I have had anywhere. That includes: New Jersey, North Carolina, Louisiana, Alabama, Florida,Nevada (Las Vegas,Laughlin, Reno, and Lake Tahoe). So you see, I have been to a few casinos and feel qualified to make these statements.
Don't know about the bad reviews here as mine and my friends experiences have all been top notch. We drive from North Georgia several times a year to Bay St. Louis. As a matter of fact, road trip coming up in one week.

Room Tip: I ask for a room with a Bay view if available and ask for a min ridge due to needing to keep medicat...
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2011

We enjoyed our stay. It was quiet also had a great location. Would stay again,

• Stayed October 2011
New Orleans, Louisiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2011

The week prior to us actually staying at the hotel, we visited the Casino. We're from New Orleans so it's just a short ride. We had a fun time at the Casino and decided that the next weekend, we could actually stay at the hotel and have fun back at the Casino, besides, the hotel looks lovely from front view. When we got to the hotel, the lady at the front desk did not even acknowledge our presence. I had to sarcastically say, "checking in." She still didn't look up and after she finished her phone call, she said "That was another employee on the phone." I have worked in hotels since 2005, I am now a Reservations Manager, so I KNOW that wasn't the correct procedure. We checked in, the room was nothing to brag about. Dim lighting, the toilet seat is so low that when I sat on it, I almost fell; bathtub looks really old and when we ran bath water, the color of the tub made the water look brown. Bottom Line, I am very critical when I comes to where I stay, I want to have to service I give to customers and my employees as well. This hotel is Mediocre AT BEST. I'm sure I could've stayed at Country Inn and had a better time...and FREE BREAKFAST! Oh and there's NO fitness center!!! RIDICULOUS!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank chyde85
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

Husband and I spent one night here, ate at the buffet and played slots and poker at the casino. We had been to the casino before but this was our first visit to the hotel. All staff are very friendly and helpful. The hotel room was top notch, clean, neat, and beds very comfortable; nice flat screen tv; free wireless; heard very little noise from other rooms or hallway. We were there on a Wednesday night but there were quite a few guests. We didn't use the pool, but had a great view of it from our window on the 10th floor and it looked beautiful. We won a little on the slots and had a great time! We'll return for both the casino and the hotel. Thanks to the staff at the hotel, casino, restaurant and grill!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HllywdHotel, Manager at Hollywood Casino & Hotel Gulf Coast, responded to this review, August 10, 2011
I was so pleased to read your comments! We pride ourselves on offering the best service and having the most knowledgeable and friendliest employees on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. I hope you are able to come back and see us in the very near future!

Terrytown, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2011

my wife and i used to receive a free room every now and then,but in the last months we have not received any. we usually come about every other month. i still have comp mony left and wonder why no further offers??

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fireman503
Thank you for your continued patronage to Hollywood Casino Bay St. Louis! All of our offers are based on play, so first of all, please make sure you continue to use your Club Hollywood Card each and every time you play. If you would like to discuss your offers, please feel free to contact me directly and I will be happy to put you in touch with the right person if I am not able to assist you.

lutcher,la
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2011

First of all I went to the front desk to ask for a reservation and I was rudely answered "Do you have a members card" I replied, no this is our first time here, and then was told NO, no rooms left available..I got back in my car (kids are restless from being in their car seats) so I logged on to Hotels.com where I saw earlier that rooms were available and booked a 2 Queen non smoking room. I then went back to the front desk with my confirmation number and waited 15 mins to get a room. Then we got to the room and it was filthy. One bed had gritty sheets, a blanket full of holes, and the grossest of all was a pillowcase that smelled like dirty hair (im a hairstylist, so I know the smell). It was obviously not changed out. The other bedding smelled smoke..so I then took the kids to the pool. The pool cabana was closed and not once was clean towels brought to the storage area. I asked the guy out there and he said he would get some, but didnt happen. Went back that evening and still didnt have any. Not to mention that the pool side by the table and chairs is full of leaves and trash. It was not kept up at all, this morning it was all still the same @ 10 when we left. Next, went to the celebrity grill for a snack. Absolutely not a single high chair in there! So i sat my 1yr old on my lap and then noticed water coming out of the ceiling light fixture. I told the guy working in there, and nothing was done so my husband pulled a chair out under it so people wouldnt slip in fall. Then the grill guy came put a bucket on top of the chair 20 mins later. I can go on and on about my families experience..It is absolutely the worst place I have ever stayed in. We visit the Ms area often and never seen anything like this. I will say the front area is kept up nicely but maybe thats to draw in business since the rest of the area is not up to par. Not worth the money..

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank tiffroques
HllywdHotel, Manager at Hollywood Casino & Hotel Gulf Coast, responded to this review, June 23, 2011
I am so sorry to read of your difficult and challenging stay with us. Please contact me directly so that we can discuss further. I can assure you, what you experienced is most definately not up to the standards of our resort.

Please contact me directly.

(228) 466-8086 (direct)
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
#1 of 2 in Diamondhead
Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel
Wingate by Wyndham Gulfport

Been to Hollywood Casino & Hotel Gulf Coast? Share your experiences!