“This place has poor service and dirty rooms!”

Super 8 Bay St. Louis
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Bay Saint Louis
“This place has poor service and dirty rooms!”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

I went back to the hotel to take a quick shower before getting back on the road and my room key didn't work. After walking to the front and asking to get into my room the manager acted disgusted and said he thinks they already cleaned my room. It was an hour before check out time. This place is horrible!

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Tom4280

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Folsom, Louisiana
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I forgot my cell phone at hotel. After going back to get it, they said it wasn't there. We went into room and looked, and it was gone. I knew exactly where I left it along with the charger, and they both were gone. After threatening to call the police to make a report about it, the staff member along with the clean up man came around corner and said they found it under the bed. First of all, where I had it, it was almost impossible for it to get under bed, WITH charger! Second, when we went to room for staff worker to show me the phone wasn't there, I had her call it from here cell phone. And guess what. IT NEVER DID RING! I keep my ringer on loud, and it was pretty quit when she called it. It was not in room. But it sure did pop back up after threatening to call police. I would never stay there again, even if the room were free!

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Anthony A
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed April 30, 2012

I just didn't find this place as awful as some of the reviews. It is what it is. No bells and whistles. No fancy shampoo bottles. No guest services. You are paying for a room with a clean bed, A/C, a small fridge, a clean but outdated bathroom, and a TV with a million Direct TV Stations on it. Is it worth $70? No. (We got ours for $60 online) BUT...go down the road a mile to the gulf, and you won't find anything under $150.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Heidi L
Reviewed February 18, 2012

I read many reviews before choosing this location, but since everything was booked for Mardi Gras, I really didn't have a choice. I booked online through priceline and was charged for the 2 nights. I called on my way to inform the staff that I would be arriving late. I arrived around 10:30 pm and the office worker was in another portion of the office eating. She came and greeted me, I explained about my reservations and she asked my name. In the process of getting me processed, she falls ASLEEP at the computer. I was looking up something on my phone, so I was not aware of this until another customer walks in and she opens her eyes yawning, stretching and says I didn't know anyone was there, I'm sorry. I was already there but she helps the other customer first. Once she assists them, she looks at me and says, what did you need when my info is infront of her on the computer. She ends up charging me AGAIN after priceline had already charged me and advises me to talk to Tonya about it later. I finally get out of there, get our stuff out of the car, drag it all upstairs to get to the door and the key doesn't work! We had to drag everything back downstairs.....she was back eating, so luckily someone else was at the desk and we were in the room within minutes. The room was okay, but the service is what you have to get through first. Management should consider putting Paula on the day shift.

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank BossL8DY
baton rouge
Reviewed July 14, 2011

room was dirty. 1st room door would not lock moved 2 second room not much better
took katrina money and obviously did not fix the property up not worth 70 dollars ay all
all management and priceline could say was sorry that is righr sorry

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank turkey5789
Bay Saint Louis, MS
Reviewed September 29, 2009

Noisy, dirty, desk clerk drinking a beer. Absolutely horrible experience. A/C noisy, parking lot noisy, adjacent rooms noisy. Only response from owner was "sorry, please come again!". Not on your life.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jimmc57
Iowa
Reviewed March 31, 2007

Room was nice, large room with microwave and refrig. Good wireless internet access. Good restaurants nearby. First floor rooms were completely redone after 2005 hurricane, but our 2nd floor room was a bit neglected. Were there for an extended stay (5 nights) and did not get much break on room rate. In fact, thought regular room rate bordered on price gouging! (We were there doing hurricane relief work.) Continental breakfast was good first day, ran out of cereal the next day, out of milk the next one and was pretty sure the donuts would have been 5 days stale by the end of the week. Neighboring rooms have adjoining room doors and when someone else is in the room next door, you can hear everything going on in there. Will look to stay somewhere else next time we are there.

• Liked — Convenient location
  • Disliked — They should not advertise continental breakfast if they aren't going to keep it up.
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank 5tries
Wingate by Wyndham Gulfport
Silver Slipper Casino Hotel
Silver Slipper Casino Hotel
#3 of 4 in Bay Saint Louis

Been to Super 8 Bay St. Louis? Share your experiences!