“Go elsewhere. We went with this because it was cheapest but wished we hadn't.”

Knights Inn Bay St. Louis
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Bay Saint Louis
“Go elsewhere. We went with this because it was cheapest but wished we hadn't.”
Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

A budget motel is a budget motel, nobody is expecting a 5 star experience. All I hope for, with a limited budget, is a clean room, helpful/friendly staff and a safe location. This motel had none!

On a road trip through the USA my girlfriend and I played the "motel lottery" several times and were mostly pretty satisfied with what we got for such little money. This motel was one of the few exceptions. (so much so it prompted me to write my first ever Trip Advisor review)

My advise would be to avoid this motel, even if it is the cheapest on the list. Spend the extra few bucks and go somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank mandogofjelly
BiloxiHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Knights Inn Bay St. Louis, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
We apologize for your inconvenient stay. Your review did not state anything specific, so we are left wondering what your concerns were. We also did not receive any complaints at the property to rectify the situation or switch you to a room more to your liking. Regardless of the property tier, you should enjoy great customer service, a clean and functioning room and a pleasant experience. We apologize again if you were not satisfied. Thank you for your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Walker, Louisiana
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I was very concerned about staying at this hotel because of the reviews I had read on-line. I asked to see the room before we checked in because my husband has allergies. I was shown the room we would be staying in, and I did not see any of the issues stated in previous reviews. Everything was clean, there were no cobwebs, bugs, mildew or moldy smells. The door had a dead bolt, plus the security lock at the tob. The only problem we encounted was a shortage of electrical outlets. The TV, microwave, and refrigerator were all placed within reach of one outlet. We had to unplug the refrigerator in order to use the microwave. That was not a real problem, as we only used the microwave one time. We will gladly stay here again when going to a concert at one of the casinos. A lot easier than going to Gulfport and paying the high prices of being close to the beach. The manager on duty was very nice, and did not mind showing us the room or answering any questions we had.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
BiloxiHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Knights Inn Bay St. Louis, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Hello and thank you for your review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and will extend the fine compliments to our mgmt team. We apologize for the electrical outlets, each room is equipped with atleast 4 outlets for the room, and 1 for vanity area. We look forward to your return next time you are in the area. Thank you again!
Sioux City, Iowa
Reviewed March 8, 2013

They started out giving us a roomwith 2 beds, but one had been slept in an not made. the second room was a king size bed. no security lock on the door and the room had not been vacuumed. awful and will never go back. When i went into the bathroom, there was a dirty towel on the back of the door and the coffee pot was never cleaned.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank sue l
BiloxiHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Knights Inn Bay St. Louis, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
We apologize for your inconvenience. We will review our housekeeping procedures and make improvements. Please contact management if you wish to discuss your stay further. Thank you.

Travelers are raving about these Bay Saint Louis hotels

Metairie, Louisiana
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I would not stay here again if they gave me the room.No security lock on very dirty door.Smelled moldy,spider webs in corners.Never again.Glad I did not have any babies with me.I spoke to Ashley on Monday she offered a room at 20% discount,but why would I stay if I was uncomfortable in the first place.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank tutu5527
BiloxiHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Knights Inn Bay St. Louis, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
We apologize for your inconvenience. You did not file any complaint with the hotel so that we could make an effort to accommodate you or resolve your concerns. Your case was reviewed by the hotel and Wyndham and you were offered compensation to which you stated your were fully satisfied. Yet you still posted a negative review after our honest efforts with both parties agreeing this issue had been resolved.
Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

room was $55 off season... furniture and equipment out dated... overall clean... nice setting... quiet... service was fine... we just stayed overnight
to visit in pass
christian

2 of the 4 electric plugs didnt work

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Bayougirlcrazzicajun
BiloxiHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Knights Inn Bay St. Louis, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Thank you for your review. We apologize for the inconvenience with power outlets, and will have our maintenance review the electrical panels for any faults. We are glad you enjoyed the rest of your stay with Knights Inn. Thank you again-
bay st louis
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I have stayed here a few times even though I am local to the area for casino was booked up at the time. The rooms are not a total loss but the few times I stayed and visted friends who were staying the room could for sure use a good cleaning, and floor and furniture did have stains on them. Last time I was booking in who I would have to believe the manager or "guy in charge" said some thangs to a female employee there that would likely end him up in a civil suit due to work place harassment to say it nicely. He should really look to make sure some is not checking inn when he speaks, I found if offensive. This place is more on the lines of an extended stay hotel, but they do seek that type of business from what i could tell from seeing and talking to a few people staying there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank abryl_12
BiloxiHotels, Public Relations Manager at Knights Inn Bay St. Louis, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
We have investigated your review, and found that the individual you were referring to is actually a guest that stays with the property from time to time. He was cited for using inappropriate language to our staff, and the mgmt has warned him and advised him of the policies. We were able to resolve it with him and our staff and he apologized for his behavior. We apologize you had to witness this, however, an individual's actions are not always within our control. We do, however, ensure that we act immediately to resolve for the comfort of our other patrons.
Bentonville, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed July 25, 2012

After our company spent $15,000 on 15 rooms for five weeks, when the maids snuck into my room when I left for ten minutes they took money from the table. I told management, and they said they would have the moneyt o replace it by that evening. When I returned, the receptionist informed me that the GM had no intention of taking care of it and was lying to me. CROOKS. DO NOT STAY HERE. Terrible room service, and RUDE employees.

Room Tip: Rooms at another establishment would be best.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Cody M
BiloxiHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Knights Inn Bay St. Louis, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
We apologize for your inconvenience during the stay. We require all patrons to read and sign carefully the folio which states you are fully and personally responsible for your valuables, and also advise not to leave items in your car. The GM is not permitted to make assurances of returning funds out of the hotel's funds. He stated you went to the store, and returned to find your money gone. This is unfortunate, however, the hotel cannot be responsible and it would have been advisable to take your money with you if you were leaving the room. As there was no evidence of your accusations, this is also a situation of your word versus the staff, you did not file any complaint about entry into your room if you had a Do Not Disturb sign on your door. If you did not have a sign up, the housekeeping staff would come in to clean. Again, we do apologize for this unfortunate event.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bay Saint Louis
Wingate by Wyndham Gulfport
Silver Slipper Casino Hotel
Silver Slipper Casino Hotel
#3 of 4 in Bay Saint Louis

Been to Knights Inn Bay St. Louis? Share your experiences!