“Dirty,Smelly,Bugs” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Bay Saint Louis
Metairie, Louisiana
“Dirty,Smelly,Bugs”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

I would not stay here again if they gave me the room.No security lock on very dirty door.Smelled moldy,spider webs in corners.Never again.Glad I did not have any babies with me.I spoke to Ashley on Monday she offered a room at 20% discount,but why would I stay if I was uncomfortable in the first place.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank tutu5527
BiloxiHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Knights Inn Bay St. Louis, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
We apologize for your inconvenience. You did not file any complaint with the hotel so that we could make an effort to accommodate you or resolve your concerns. Your case was reviewed by the hotel and Wyndham and you were offered compensation to which you stated your were fully satisfied. Yet you still posted a negative review after our honest efforts with both parties agreeing this issue had been resolved.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

room was $55 off season... furniture and equipment out dated... overall clean... nice setting... quiet... service was fine... we just stayed overnight
to visit in pass
christian

2 of the 4 electric plugs didnt work

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Bayougirlcrazzicajun
BiloxiHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Knights Inn Bay St. Louis, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Thank you for your review. We apologize for the inconvenience with power outlets, and will have our maintenance review the electrical panels for any faults. We are glad you enjoyed the rest of your stay with Knights Inn. Thank you again-
bay st louis
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

I have stayed here a few times even though I am local to the area for casino was booked up at the time. The rooms are not a total loss but the few times I stayed and visted friends who were staying the room could for sure use a good cleaning, and floor and furniture did have stains on them. Last time I was booking in who I would have to believe the manager or "guy in charge" said some thangs to a female employee there that would likely end him up in a civil suit due to work place harassment to say it nicely. He should really look to make sure some is not checking inn when he speaks, I found if offensive. This place is more on the lines of an extended stay hotel, but they do seek that type of business from what i could tell from seeing and talking to a few people staying there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank abry l
BiloxiHotels, Public Relations Manager at Knights Inn Bay St. Louis, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
We have investigated your review, and found that the individual you were referring to is actually a guest that stays with the property from time to time. He was cited for using inappropriate language to our staff, and the mgmt has warned him and advised him of the policies. We were able to resolve it with him and our staff and he apologized for his behavior. We apologize you had to witness this, however, an individual's actions are not always within our control. We do, however, ensure that we act immediately to resolve for the comfort of our other patrons.

Travelers are raving about these Bay Saint Louis hotels

Bentonville, Arkansas, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

After our company spent $15,000 on 15 rooms for five weeks, when the maids snuck into my room when I left for ten minutes they took money from the table. I told management, and they said they would have the moneyt o replace it by that evening. When I returned, the receptionist informed me that the GM had no intention of taking care of it and was lying to me. CROOKS. DO NOT STAY HERE. Terrible room service, and RUDE employees.

Room Tip: Rooms at another establishment would be best.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Cody M
BiloxiHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Knights Inn Bay St. Louis, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
We apologize for your inconvenience during the stay. We require all patrons to read and sign carefully the folio which states you are fully and personally responsible for your valuables, and also advise not to leave items in your car. The GM is not permitted to make assurances of returning funds out of the hotel's funds. He stated you went to the store, and returned to find your money gone. This is unfortunate, however, the hotel cannot be responsible and it would have been advisable to take your money with you if you were leaving the room. As there was no evidence of your accusations, this is also a situation of your word versus the staff, you did not file any complaint about entry into your room if you had a Do Not Disturb sign on your door. If you did not have a sign up, the housekeeping staff would come in to clean. Again, we do apologize for this unfortunate event.
Walnut, MS
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

Toilet became clogged. Asked for maintenance several times to include !!:00 PM. Volunteered to unclog ourselves if given a plunger. No action taken. Had to remedy the situation ourselves or toilet would have remained clogged all night. Advertised as handicapped room. Bars only around a step-in tub. No bars available for toilet. Ceiling stained. Constant drip from plumbing behind shower wall. Night clerk's attitude was less than professional.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank JohnWalnut_MS
BiloxiHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Knights Inn Bay St. Louis, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that you did not enjoy your stay at Knights Inn. We are in compliance with federal and state regulations for handicapped/disabled room types. We do apologize for the maintenance concern and will review this immediately. Thanks again-
Fort Worth, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

Polite staff, smooth check-in and out. Very basic breakfast, but nice to have breakfast option. Could consider adding a fresh fruit. Room appeared superficially clean but furniture appeared stained and the room felt very dirty. We bought Lysol, sprayed it down and purposefully spent minimal time in the room. Delicious Mexican restaurant nearby (across the street) - El Maguey - great menu and service.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Frida_Cu
, Guest Relations Manager at Knights Inn Bay St. Louis, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Thank you for your review and feedback. Regarding our breakfast, as an economy sector property, we do provide our guests with milk, juice, coffees/teas and an assortment of pastries and cereals. We do not provide a full or hot continental breakfast to stay in our franchise guidelines so the guest experience is the same at all Knights Inn properties. This also ensures you will get great low rates! We will also look into the housekeeping matters. Thanks again-
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

My wife had some ladyfriends over. Our 'camp' is small, so I volunteered to give up my room. From the outside this appeared to be just what I was looking for; a basic, inexpensive place to sleep. WRONG! Had to beg to get a price of $70 p/tx. Given wrong directions, after three tries, I open the door to a run-down, stained and bad-smelling room. The bed was worn-out. I slept on top of the sheets with my clothes on with no pillow. There was one washcloth, one small towel, and no shampoo; not even a bar of soap. That didn't matter so much since the fiberglass bathtub had a softball sized hole in the floor. I wanted to leave, but the Key West was full and the Hollywood wanted nearly twice the price. I left shortly after day-break, my entire stay was less than 8 hours. Turning in my key, I told the clerk, "You should be ashamed charging so much for such a room."

Room Tip: Do yourself a big favor and go somewhere, anywhere else! I only rated the location because every ot...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank junco_partno200
BiloxiHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Knights Inn Bay St. Louis, responded to this review, June 8, 2012
We apologize for your inconvenient stay. If you had informed mgmt and given the opportunity, We would have gladly made an effort to accommodate you or refund you if you were not satisfied. Regarding the pricing, if you came on a weekend, such as Memorial Day, the rates are going to be higher at other hotels as well. We would have also gladly offered to give you the missing amenities and refresh your room, or switch you if you were unhappy with the room you stayed in. The property has just turned over to new management, and is working hard to make a positive guest experience.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bay Saint Louis
Silver Slipper Casino Hotel
#3 of 4 in Bay Saint Louis
Holiday Inn Express Long Beach
Wingate by Wyndham Gulfport

Been to Knights Inn Bay St. Louis? Share your experiences!