“This place is a gem!”

Carroll House Bed and Breakfast
Braidwood, Illinois
“This place is a gem!”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

My wife and I spent the weekend here before I left for Afghanistan. All I can say is that we enjoyed everything about our visit. The room was very clean, and Jane's breakfasts were superb. My wife is saving the jar of Jane's homemade kumquat jam to share with me when I get back from deployment later this year. The house was very quiet and peaceful, and the other guests were great company in the morning. Even the homemade lemoncellos were tasty. With Jane's help, our stay was a very romantic one with roses and champagne. We plan on returning here again if I come back this way after the deployment. I would wholeheartedly recommend this place to anyone interested in a quiet getaway.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
jane a, Owner at Carroll House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you so much for your generous comments. I am so glad that the 2 of you could get away before you had to leave and that you chose The Carroll House for such a special time. Thank you for your service and sacrifice!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Madison, MS
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We wanted to check out the Mississippi coast and felt fortunate to have found this friendly bed and breakfast. We loved the house and the quaint town. The owner was friendly and helpful and served amazing breakfasts. It was a nice size and enjoyed meeting the other guests. We plan to come back. Very comfortable!

1 Thank Susie_GMadison_MS
Clinton
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We chose the perfect B&B for our Wedding Anniversary! We had never stayed in a B&B before and were a bit doubtful that we would like it. Now, we can hardly wait until we can stay there again! The Carroll House is so very pretty and comfortable, and the Inn Keepers, Jane and Kevin, are delightful and hospitable; plus Jane is a terrific cook! The location in Old Town and so near the beach is perfect! Bay Saint Louis is a delightfully friendly place to visit. We highly recommend the town and The Carroll House B&B to others.

Kokomo, Indiana
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We stayed one full week in the Cottage. Very Clean! Owners are very friendly and helpful. We met several locals in area and everyone made you feel welcome. The Breakfast's were fantastic and enjoyed meeting the other guests each morning. Very nice area, and a easy 50 min drive into New Orleans. We really enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Beautiful property with antique furnishings and lovely sitting room and dining room. Great location near beach and bay as well as local shops and restaurants (within walking distance). Friendly innkeepers and wonderful breakfast! I would stay here again and would definitely recommend this bed and breakfast to others.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Sunset Room. It was very quiet and the bed was quite comfortable.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
jane a, Owner at Carroll House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you so much Jeannie! We enjoyed having you and your husband here at The Carroll House! We hope you can come back soon.
Houma, Louisiana
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stayed solo two nights the weekend before Christmas 2012. Really enjoyed it! I was in the separate cottage the first night and then in the main house the second. The beds were comfortable, the surroundings lovely, the breakfasts were delicious, the company an interesting mix of folks. I was getting away to do some writing and the proprietors accommodated me, letting me set up in the dining table after lunch. Made sure I had a place to plug in my computer and enough light. Everyone, including the housekeeping staff was very gracious. They also suggested restaurants for strolls around town. There is a lot to do within walking distance, including some neat antique shops. I'd definitely go again.

Room Tip: I liked the cottage, which has its own little kitchen. Also enjoyed the room at the front of the ma...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
jane a, Owner at Carroll House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you Joanna! I hope you had a great holiday. Come back soon!
Kenner, Louisiana
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Carroll House Bed & Breakfast is the best kept secret in Bay St. Louis! Absolutely precious and sweet place!!! The owners are there on site and take care of your every need. We really enjoyed every minute of our stay at Carool House.

Room Tip: Only 5 or 6 rooms and each is beautiful!!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
jane a, Owner at Carroll House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us and for your generous comments! Please come back soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bay Saint Louis
Silver Slipper Casino Hotel
Silver Slipper Casino Hotel
#3 of 4 in Bay Saint Louis
Courtyard Gulfport Beachfront

Been to Carroll House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!