“A Surprise in a strip mall!”
Review of Rickey's Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Rickey's Bar & Grill
Reviewed September 4, 2013

First let me say that Rickey's has been around a long long time. Their original restaurant on Coleman Avenue was washed away during Katrina. In an effort to get their business opened quickly, Rickey and Bill decided on Hwy 90 as the temporary location. The food is unmatched. By far some of the best food I have ever eaten and the best on the Coast. Reasonably priced, LARGE portions and an ample choice of seafood and non seafood alternatives. From Trout Treasures with speckled trout, crab meat and crawfish sauce to the best damn burger in town. The appetizers are great to share!

There are newer reviews for Rickey's Bar & Grill

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

We eat here whenever we go to the coast and are never disappointed in the food. I posted our selections, Trout Treasures and Crab on a Cloud. Both dishes were excellent. We got there at 6:30 on Saturday evening and as usual the line was out door. There was a SNAFU getting us seated but they corrected it as soon as we brought to their attention. I guess it was understandable with the crowd they had. Our name got scratched off the waiting list and I guess if we hadn't noticed people getting seated that arrived after us we would still be waiting. But they seated us immediately upon me questioning why this was happening with lots of apologies. Our drinks, salad and meal were server promptly with still more apologies. We were seated at the only two top in a room with two large parties. The children were load and running around and crying babies and loud noise was the rule of the room. The food was excellent and I will return as well as recommend it to my friends. Try to sit in the main dining room and get there before six. The earlier the better. Check the photos.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

We have been to Rickeys at least 4 times. Good fried and grilled seafood. Great fish specialties. Good martinis. Great service. Huge portions of food

Reviewed February 20, 2013

. When my friend described eating at Ricky's I was anxious for the experience. then we pulled into the strip mall and and I was a bit disappointed.The service was very attentive and my very large portioned catfish was supurb with fries and I am a catfish snob. My friend had a wonderfully smoked Wahoo from the appetizer menu that is great to share, but large enough for a meal for one.The decor and lighting needs work if they want lines out the door. Right now its like a guy in a fantastic Hawiian shirt and drab,brown plaid shorts, it started out right but got lost along the way. It needs more "crazy" and softer lighting to be shabby chic and have customers waiting out the door for a taste of the great food. Food deserves a 5 decor, 2-3

Reviewed January 28, 2013

My appliance repairman recommended this restaurant and I was anxious to try it. We went on Saturday around 3 so it was not busy. When we entered there was an older lady with really long hair standing at the counter to the right of the front door. I greeted her but she did not reply. I was surprised as I expected a warm greeting since she was standing there and saw us enter. She basically ignored us but after a few seconds seated us. Since there was a glare, I opted to sit beside my husband instead of across from him where she had put the menus. She was in the process of removing the extra place settings and even tho she saw that I was pulling out the chair to sit there, she continued to remove the place mat and silverware. My husband just reached and moved the menu, slid his place mat over to where I was sitting and handed the menu to me and then slid that placemat in front of him. She walked away with the napkin and silverware and never apologized or tried to help rearrange the settings.
There were 4 tables including ours with patrons. The wait staff came quickly and took our drink order and brought it soon after. I had a hard time choosing from all the cajun fare I saw served at neighboring tables so decided just to have the fried oysters and shrimp combo. There was an average wait time and it was served hot and it was delicious.The fries were crisp and the cocktail sauce was delicious though I did request extra horseradish and added it.
My husband had a chicken sandwich and enjoyed it. I noted that everyone was getting to-go boxes for their leftovers and I ended up requesting one too. My platter was pricey at $20 but it was enough for 2 meals. I will definitely return and hope for a warmer welcome.

1  Thank tinydiny