“Rude, Rude, Rude.”

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Batesville
Kankakee, Illinois
“Rude, Rude, Rude.”
Reviewed June 29, 2009

First and foremost the employees at this hotel are some of the rudest I have every come across. Explanation: They wanted to charge my credit card that the room was reserved under as soon as checking in, not when checking out. The phone in the room would not work properly so the worker sent to check it out called the front desk in front of my wife and I and said "it works I don't know what their problem is". They were letting people, kids and adults, swim in the pool with their street clothes (jeans) on. After being gone on the second day of our stay the room keys would not work, we were told "Oh you have to rekey them everyday" with a very snotty tone, when asked why we were not told this when checking in we got a shrug of the shoulders. We checked all of the hotel instructions in our room, nothing about that.
When asked for the managers name and number to complain we were told that, that information cannot be given out.
The room itself was not as clean as expected, and the in room coffee maker was never replenished of coffee.
We have always stayed at this particular hotel and since it has become a Baymont Inn it has gone downhill.
We will never stay there again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Traveler
Reviewed October 21, 2008

This is far and away the worst Baymont Inn I've ever stayed in. Actually, it's the only 'bad' one I've come across.
At $71.50 (including tax) this is terribly overpriced.
This is one of those properties that at one time was quite nice I'm sure. However, it has been allowed to become unkept, unclean, & uninviting...
The pool area (indoor pool) appeared to be quite nice but that's about it.
The rooms were not very well cleaned are showing signs of wear and tear - if not plain old 'neglect'.
The breakfast was adequate at best. Don't worry though, by the time breakfast time comes, if you've spent the night here you'll be so mad you won't have much of an appetite.
There are so many other motels in this town to choose from that I wouldn't be bothered recommending this property to any type of traveller at all.

• Liked — Leaviing
  • Disliked — The uncleanliness (is that a word?) of the rooms
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk

Travelers are raving about these Batesville hotels

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed November 9, 2006

Business Trip: Found my room to clean and odorless. Every thing worked and functioned properly. WiFi worked good. Front desk staff were helpful and quick at getting me checked in and out. I was happy, slept good the two nights I stayed here. They have safes in the room that they will try to charge for, calling it "Security Warranty", regardless if you used it or not. I asked for a refund and it was handled quickly, without a problem.

I would recommed this hotel and I would stay here again, If I was in Batesville again.

• Liked — Clean and Odorless
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Halton
starkville
Reviewed September 17, 2006

Do not stay here if you want any privacy. It was the first night of our honeymoon and we were in the hot tub, when suddenly someone barged in our room and turned the lights on. We didn't know who it was nor did the person announce who it was. There was a wall between us and the hot tub. We were terrified! The person just yelled “You in Hot Tub? You in hot tub? Get out. Get out”. The person said several other things but we were so scared we didn’t remember. We thought we were fixing to be killed by some intruder. When the person left, we called the front desk for an explanation. There was a leak in the plumbing from the hot tub, but no one called our room to let us know. They said there would be a maintenance man to check on it and he’d be there in 5 minutes. The maintenance man said the leak was not our fault and that the hotel had called him about 12 times in the past year for the same problem. Long story short, my husband talked to 2 desk workers and no one would comp our room. When my husband mentioned suing them, the manager walked out and admitted he was the one who walked in on us. He said he knocked, but we never heard anything. No one called us to let us know there was a problem. The manager would not apologize, he did not comp us our room, nor offer to move us to another room. He said if we wanted to sue him we’d have to pay for the room or we’d have to leave. We didn’t stay. DO NOT STAY HERE! They are not a member of the Better Business Bureau.

• Liked — the room was large, but had cigarette holes in the carpet and on the bedding
  • Disliked — the service
  • Tips/Secrets — DO NOT STAY HERE
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank qow2