New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Batesville
Springfield, IL
“A Day Away from NOLA”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

This is just your average overnight motel with an average breakfast and slow WI-FI. There were very few guests in mid-February when we stopped. It was right on I-55, but we heard no traffic noise. However, a guest started his noisy truck about 4:00 a.m. and we heard it only too well. It was clean and had all of the usual stuff.

Room Tip: Try to choose a room away from the outside staircase. The birds nest there and make a lot of noise i...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Chuckospringpatch
ZachIvy, Manager at Quality Inn Batesville, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Thank you for your review on your stay with us.I do apologize for the loud truck. I will definitely look in to the WI FI. I hope you will come back and visit us again when you're back this way. Our cur guest satisfaction is very important to us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Columbia, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights while in town for a football game at Ole Miss. I understand the rates were higher because of the event, but our friends paid only a little more to stay at the Holiday Inn down the street and it was much nicer. I checked rates during a non-football weekend and there was only a $35 difference between the 2 hotels. For that amount it was well worth booking the slightly higher but much nicer Holiday Inn.

The Quality Inn is a motel, where you enter the rooms from the exterior. As such, you really can't open the windows without everyone seeing in. I will give them credit for trying to remodel the room. The carpet and tv seemed newer. The bathroom needs to be remodeled still. Lots of noise from the freeway, parking lot and people walking outside the room door.

We didn't really have a choice because this was the only hotel we could find with a room during the football weekend. But if you have a choice, I would highly recommend booking the Holiday Inn.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank John S

Travelers are raving about these Batesville hotels

Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

The staff's customer service was EXCELLENT. Breakfast was great. The room had newer furnishings which were very nice. There was some wear and tear in the room due to age, but overall seemed clean. The small sofa was very nice to have, along with microwave/fridge.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Candice146
Independence, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

Clean Hotel just off the highway/Convenient. Clean rooms, Clean Swimming Pool.
The staff (Miss Ruby) was the very best.
Reasonable price and breakfast was hot, fresh and good.
Next time I'm in the area I will definately stay here!

Room Tip: 2 story hotel but can see your car from the parking lot. Close to a lot of restaurants and convenien...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank pdonnici88
Mississippi, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

I was certain that I had reviewed this hotel before but can't find the review. Our first stay was nice. The room was clean and the staff was extremely nice. Our most recent stay wasn't so great. Everyone was nice and the room was ok, but it was NOT very clean. I was very shocked since our first stay had been good. I'm hoping we just came at a bad time.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Michelle M
Greenbrier
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

We have stayed here several times but this time we had issues. First of all the comforters are very winkled. The beds are comfy but the bath was dirty. The corners on the floor were dirty. There was a handle in the tub that had dirt around it. It was not stain because I took a towel and rubbed some off. The sink drained very slow. The back was broke off the remote. But the worse problem was the air. The compressor would stay on for a few minutes and then it would shut off and I had it on high, 60 degrees. It did not blow very high at all and it never cooled the room down. We were hot all night and got very little sleep. I did borrow a fan but it did not help. They offered to move me upstairs but I did not want to pack up late at night but I should have. I was afraid it would be the same. These issues are all issues the housekeepers know and are too lazy to alert the staff. I told the desk clerk the next day and she apologized but never offered a discount. I was told her boss would call on Monday but no call. When you pay almost $80 for a room you expect better. I will be going somewhere else the next time I come to town.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

I stayed at this motel for several nights this month. Its location is a little weird -- at the end of a dead-end frontage road that runs along Hwy. 6 that intersects with I-55. Check-in was smooth enough, and the clerk was pleasant. Breakfast options were very sparse. While it is clear that the motel has had some significant upgrades/renovations recently (new carpet, flat screen TVs, etc.), cleanliness and quality leave much to be desired. Upon check-out, I told the clerk that they need to call the exterminator because I killed 8-10 insects (including several small to medium-sized roaches) in the room during my stay. His response: "Other than that, was everything OK?" I had purposely NOT mentioned the bug issues the first night because I wanted to assume this was an exception. However, my belief is that this is probably not an isolated problem. My advice to those considering this Quality Inn: Find a way to increase your budget, and stay somewhere else -- particularly if you're traveling with women and/or children.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Shane B, Manager at Quality Inn Batesville, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We do want to make sure all of our guests are comfortable with their stay, thus I appreciate you letting us know of any issues we need to address. Addressing our breakfast, we have all the required items that the Quality brand mandates. Additionally, we typically receive praise for the breakfast that we offer. If you decide to return to our hotel at another time, please feel free to call in advance and make any suggestions. We will try to accommodate you to the best of our ability. Thank you for noticing all of our renovations. We have worked hard on improving the hotel to make it more comfortable and accommodating to our guests. As far as cleanliness goes, we usually have high remarks about the cleanliness of the rooms. We have however had an issue with one housekeeper that started here recently. I assure you that the problem will be dealt with, and in fact, already has been. New employees are coming in and are being more efficiently trained to ensure the problems do not occur again. In response to the insects you may have found in the room, I will personally check every room to ensure we do not have any pest problems. I will also address the staff to make sure that they do everything they can to make each guest's stay as pleasant as possible. Your stay should not have been unpleasant. I do apologize for that. Again, thank you for sharing your review, in order that we may be able to improve the quality of everyone's stay. Have a lovely day!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Batesville
Americas Best Value Inn- Batesville
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Senatobia
No photo provided
Courtyard Oxford
#6 of 10 in Oxford

Been to Quality Inn Batesville? Share your experiences!