“You get what you pay for.”

Quality Inn Batesville
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Batesville
“You get what you pay for.”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I stayed at this motel for several nights this month. Its location is a little weird -- at the end of a dead-end frontage road that runs along Hwy. 6 that intersects with I-55. Check-in was smooth enough, and the clerk was pleasant. Breakfast options were very sparse. While it is clear that the motel has had some significant upgrades/renovations recently (new carpet, flat screen TVs, etc.), cleanliness and quality leave much to be desired. Upon check-out, I told the clerk that they need to call the exterminator because I killed 8-10 insects (including several small to medium-sized roaches) in the room during my stay. His response: "Other than that, was everything OK?" I had purposely NOT mentioned the bug issues the first night because I wanted to assume this was an exception. However, my belief is that this is probably not an isolated problem. My advice to those considering this Quality Inn: Find a way to increase your budget, and stay somewhere else -- particularly if you're traveling with women and/or children.

• Stayed June 2013
Shane B, Manager at Quality Inn Batesville, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We do want to make sure all of our guests are comfortable with their stay, thus I appreciate you letting us know of any issues we need to address. Addressing our breakfast, we have all the required items that the Quality brand mandates. Additionally, we typically receive praise for the breakfast that we offer. If you decide to return to our hotel at another time, please feel free to call in advance and make any suggestions. We will try to accommodate you to the best of our ability. Thank you for noticing all of our renovations. We have worked hard on improving the hotel to make it more comfortable and accommodating to our guests. As far as cleanliness goes, we usually have high remarks about the cleanliness of the rooms. We have however had an issue with one housekeeper that started here recently. I assure you that the problem will be dealt with, and in fact, already has been. New employees are coming in and are being more efficiently trained to ensure the problems do not occur again. In response to the insects you may have found in the room, I will personally check every room to ensure we do not have any pest problems. I will also address the staff to make sure that they do everything they can to make each guest's stay as pleasant as possible. Your stay should not have been unpleasant. I do apologize for that. Again, thank you for sharing your review, in order that we may be able to improve the quality of everyone's stay. Have a lovely day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Nice bed clean rooms pretty quiet and decent continental breakfast. Only issues were the uncomfortable bed pillows and the room smelled kind of weird. Just needed a place to spend the night And it worked out great

• Stayed June 2013
Shane B, General Manager at Quality Inn Batesville, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Good day Mrs. Amelia,

Thank you for your nice review of our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay here. I apologize for uncomfortable pillows and the room smelling "kind of weird." I will investigate the room you stayed in and find out about that. However, we do have to stick to the Choice Hotels' guidelines for the pillows and order the ones from the required vendor only. I do apologize for that. Thank you for bringing that to our attention though. We do not want any of our guests feeling unwelcome to let us know of anything that needs to be addressed. As a perfectionist, I want all of our guests to feel right at home at our hotel and have the best stay possible. Thank you again for your nice review. Have a lovely day Mrs. Amelia!
St. Robert, MO
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I had a very pleasant stay at this Quality Inn; based on other comments about the hotel I a booked a room. The hotel has obviously been around for a while, but it has obviously been recently renovated. The carpet appears almost new, the lobby looks nice and modern. Fixtures in the room were in good shape and working order. The linens smelled and felt clean and crisp. The breakfast offered in the morning had plenty of options, everything from biscuits and gravy, cold cereal, bagels & waffles to name a few. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Bottom line I would stay there again without hesitation. The hotel is close to the on ramp for I-55 so if highway noises bother you, be sure to request a room on the back side of the hotel. I was in a room facing the highway, and although I could hear some traffic I was not disturbed. Finally, there is plenty of lighting in the parking area and around the hotel, makes it feel safer than a lot of places I've stayed.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side of the hotel face away from highway so might be a little quiter
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank LetoSebastion
Shane B, General Manager at Quality Inn Batesville, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
LetoSabastian,

We certainly appreciate your wonderful comments about our hotel. We have been working diligently to make many improvements to the hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and the breakfast. We are working on making possible additions to the breakfast menu too. We surely hope that you come back and see us again soon. Thank you again for lovely review.
Madison WI
Reviewed May 7, 2013

There are a lot of good reasons to visit Oxford MS--the charming Courthouse Square, the wonderful eateries, Ole Miss and its many attractions, including, best of all, Rowan Oaks, Wm. Faulkner's "mansion" home (where he wrote storyboard-type outlines for his novel The Fable on the wall of his writing room.) But staying overnight in Oxford is another story. We experienced disappointment in finding a place (or 2 or 3) where we might prefer to stay. Searching the environs, we settled on a Quality Inn in nearby Batesville. The Trip Advisor reviews were mostly positive. The rate was more than right, What a good decision on our part! We loved this Quality Inn. We asked for a quiet room and got one--a very large and very clean room, with a comfy bed, and nice sitting and work/desk areas to boot. The bathroom was amply sized and the shower water was hot and pressure-packed. The continental breakfast was much better than average for a "chain" motel. The one fault was that there was no USA Today available at the recently refreshened lobby/front desk. There was, however, a free copy of a local newspaper. The desk clerk explained that USA Today just doesn't deliver to Batesville. Maybe to Oxford? Nevertheless should we visit Oxford again, as we hope to do, we'll be happily having a Quality stay in Batesville.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Shane B, General Manager at Quality Inn Batesville, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you very much for your lovely review. We are quite glad that you enjoyed your stay and visit to the area. We are continuing to make improvements to the hotel, thus we ask for you to please come visit us again in the future! Additionally, the desk clerk was correct in saying that USA Today does not deliver to our area. I apologize for the inconvenience. Have a lovely day!
Blue Island, Illinois, United States
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Made a pitstop in Batesville on our way to New Orleans. Decided on this hotel because of reviews from Trip Advisor. Did not disappoint. Location is right off interstate. Staff is friendly, rooms are clean. Rate let us get 2 rooms for our family of 6. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank toniac366
Shane B, General Manager at Quality Inn Batesville, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Good day to you! Thank you for your genuinely kind words. I am glad you decided to stay at our hotel. I will be sure to thank the staff for doing a wonderful job serving your needs. Please, come and stay with us again soon!
Southport, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 4, 2013

we stayed in February, found it quite easily from interstate, pleasant receptionist who dealt with us efficiently, the rooms had been re carpeted that very day, so unfortunately when we first went to our rooms, my wife got stuck in the room as door would reopen, contacted front desk, receptionist attempted to open door with no avail, eventually after 30 minutes i was able to force door open, we had our rooms changed, but though we were told we would have some compensation, nothing availed. the rooms we did get get were adequate for our needs, breakfast was good with enough choice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank baxterseacow
Shane B, General Manager at Quality Inn Batesville, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. I apologize for the inconvenience of your door getting stuck. Indeed, it was due to the door getting caught on one of the staples for the newly laid carpet. We did fix the problem immediately, however. Additionally, you stated that you were not compensated for the inconvenience. Did you stop at the front desk upon checkout to speak with the manager? We want to make sure that all of our guests enjoy their stay to the best of our ability. Again, thank you for your nice comment. Have a lovely day!
Hudson, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 25, 2013

not as nice as other Quality Inns that we've stayed at, but it was ok. older facility, but seemed to be doing some remodeling. location sort of hidden and at end of narrow road. breakfast was very good. staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed February 2013
Shane B, General Manager at Quality Inn Batesville, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We are in the process of doing lots of renovations to the hotel. All of the carpet and nearly all of the furniture is brand new. We are still waiting on one or two items to be delivered. I hope that you will come stay with us again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Batesville
Comfort Suites Batesville
Hampton Inn Batesville
#1 of 8 in Batesville
Americas Best Value Inn- Batesville
Hampton Inn Oxford-West

Been to Quality Inn Batesville? Share your experiences!