“has been a Quality Inn for two years”

Quality Inn Batesville
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Batesville
Illinois
“has been a Quality Inn for two years”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2011

This hotel has been a Quality Inn (still under the Choice Hotel umbrella) for at least two years. I stay at this hotel about 3-4 times a year, and I have always had a good experience and restful sleep.

The lobby area is welcoming and clean, and the desk clerks are competent and friendly. The breakfast area is clean and kept well-stocked during breakfast hours. Make-your-own hot waffles are available in addition to the ample standard continental breakfast fare.

The rooms are clean and comfortable. The furnishings appear to be new, with a microwave and small refrigerator provided. The bedding is fresh and very comfortable. The AC/heating units appear to be newer and functions quietly (relatively) and well. The bathroom and vanity area are clean, though they do show some age due to "build-up" in small crevices on the floor by the walls. Still, the rooms I have been in have all been fresh and did not have that humid musty odor that is sometimes found in rooms in the South.

In summary, the hotel has always provided me a comfortable and clean place to stay. Proper attention is given to make sure guests have a pleasant experience. I stay here every time because it has been consistently clean and comfortable.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank RocketIllinois

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Deltona, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2009

We stayed here for one night since there were no decent hotels in Oxford that accepted pets. The furniture was very worn and dated. The carpet was stained. It was extremely hot that day and the a/c was not cooling the room, but it was making the carpet by the door wet! . Finally about 1030 at night- a car backed in next to our truck, our room filled with carbon monoxide and a man jumped out of the car window and went to the back of the hotel. Since we were the last room on the end, I can only imagine what he was doing. It took only a few minutes and then they drove away. Scary!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Batesville hotels

Jackson, Mississippi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2009

Being on the other side of the motel would no doubt be better, but on my side the interstate was VERY close -- sounded as if trucks were passing my bed all night. The location was bad not only because of the traffic noise but also because there were no restaurants within walking distance and only one within easy driving distance -- a terrible restaurant in a nearby Holiday Inn. The room was clean and well arranged, with a good work space (unless you needed to use the lamp -- which was broken) and comfortable adjustable chair. Fortunately, two of the five lamps in the room worked. That was enough. Two more were broken -- no way to turn them on at all. The other one might have simply needed a new bulb. When burning my hands holding coffee in a cup not designed for hot beverages, I gave the Comfort Inn the benefit of the doubt and decided the point was to avoid styrofoam, thus helping the planet. But then I noticed at breakfast that there were styrofoam cups for the orange juice. The breakfast was ok, though not as good as at most Comfort Inns & Suites. A microwave for warming the cold muffins would have helped. The main thing that will keep me from ever staying at the Comfort Inn of Batesville again was the slow network. It was fine in the early morning but slowed to a crawl when I needed it most -- about 8 p.m.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank NM43
Louisiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2008

This motel is old, but clean. They allow pets and charge a low fee. The linens and room were clean. The furniture and fixtures are old, but everything was clean. We didn't find any animal hair or mess. The blankets were clean. We are very fussy and we were very satisfied with this motel. They have waffles and a typical Comfort Inn breakfast. The manager was so helpful and cares about the customer. Also, there is an area for pets to run and take care of business. So many motels advertise that they are pet friendly and then they don't have any grass for the pets to visit. We would definitely stay at this motel again. We don't mind old as long as it is clean. This motel was clean and the manager makes sure it is.

• Liked — They allowed pets and clean.
  • Disliked — This is not an updated motel.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank nsmarket
Reeds Springs Mo
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2008

There web site says pet friendly but when I arrived, I was told no pets.I had printed out there web site and showed it to the mgr. on duty....it said pets $5.00 a nite.He then said ok we could stay but wanted $10.00 a nite.The outside looks nice but the rooms are old, needs new furniture. We would not stay there again.

Robert & Eileen

Stayed July 2008
Memphis, TN
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2008

I stayed at the Comfort Inn in Batesville, MS June 6-8 of 2008. We had booked at the hotel because it was close to a wedding that my brother and I were in. The pictures of the hotel on the website must have been from 15 years ago because the hotel more closely resembles the Bates motel than it does the pictures on the site.
To start, I went and checked in with one of the least personable front desk agents that I had ever encountered. She acted as if I was a bother for merely checking in. When I asked for a receipt, you would have thought that I just spilled a drink in the floor, she acted as if it inconvenienced her that much.
After checking in, we went to the room. The room (#105) looked alright at first, but upon a closer look it became apparent that the room wasn't all that clean. Mounds of dust on the furniture and dirty carpets paled in comparison to how dirty the bathroom was. The shower curtain needed to be thrown away it had so much pink mold on the bottom of it and the floor was covered in hair. The mirror in the room also had a lot of smears on it and looked as if a child with dirty hands had played against it. We didn't stay in the room long because we were to attend a rehearsal dinner, but upon return, my brother blew his nose and put the toilet paper in the toilet and flushed it. The toilet didn't flush but immediately started to rise to the point where it was about to overflow. Luckily, it didn't overflow, but the toilet must have already been clogged before we even rented the room. I went down to the desk to tell the clerk about the problem. At this point in time, it was a new clerk who told me that she had only been there a couple of days, but she was far more helpful than her seasoned counterpart. I asked her for a plunger, but she was unable to find one. She quickly offered to move us to another room, which I readily accepted.
The new room (#214) was cleaner, but the bathroom still had some problems. The wall looked as if it had a lot of water damage and was somewhat bowed out by the toilet. All in all, I was glad that we got a new room. The following day I took a shower and then my brother took his. When he finished his shower, he told me that we needed to get more towels because the first one that he tried had pubic hair in it.
On our way out of the hotel for the day to help get some things ready for the wedding, we saw our room attendant who asked us if we would like service for our room. We told her that we only needed some extra soap and some more towels. The room attendant gave me some soap, but she stated that she would have to bring me some more towels up because she didn't have any more on her cart.
We went ahead and left for the day and came back after the wedding at around 8:00 that night. Well, at this time, our room keys no longer worked. So I trekked down to the desk and had new keys made. I came back up to the room and found that we still didn't have any clean towels. I decided to go back down to the desk and ask for more towels. I wish I could remember the clerk's name, but its probably best that I don't because he was about the dumbest person that I have come across in a long time. I wasn't going to complain at all until this incident of the stay. I was nice and simply asked him if I could get some more towels because the room attendant forgot to leave any in the room. He tells me that they have ordered some more towels and they won't be in for another two days, but he could get me some then. I looked at him and asked why the heck would I want a towel in two days when I checked out tomorrow. I asked if he had a vacant room that I could get some towels out of, but he then told me that he could get some towels, but it wouldn't be until around 10:00 PM. I said that was fine, but I was still dumbfounded from the encounter. To his credit, he did bring me some towels about 15 minutes later.
The next day we checked out and were thrilled to be leaving. We didn't even stop at the desk, we just left because I'd had enough.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank bwatkins
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2007

Stayed at property as part of road trip in Deep South. Stayed at the Comfort Inn while heading towards Memphis from Baton Rouge. Very convienent. Stayed in Room 108, just off the interstate. Seemed a new propertywith a great welcome from staff. Large room, free internet access in reception. Nearby Western Sizzlin for dinner. Great breakfast and free local newspaper. I would recommend this hotel for an overnight stop.

• Liked — Convinence to interstate
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Batesville
Hampton Inn Batesville
#2 of 8 in Batesville
Courtyard Oxford
Courtyard Oxford
#5 of 10 in Oxford

Been to Quality Inn Batesville? Share your experiences!