“Best Stay I had in Batesville, MS” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Batesville

Holiday Inn Batesville
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Batesville
Grenada, MS
“Best Stay I had in Batesville, MS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2009

I highly recommend this hotel.
Staff, Food, Cleanliness - they exceed above excellence!
Keep up the good work - I'll be back soon!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Holiday Inn B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Batesville, responded to this review, September 15, 2016

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Wisconsin Rapids, Wi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2009

While traveling to New Orleans with my family we stopped for the night at the Holiday Inn in Batesville. The Hotel is so new that the parking lot wasn't even finished yet so of course everything was very clean and kept up. We were totally pleased with our stay there and found the rooms to be very large and comfortable. My wife even wanted to take the bed home stating it was the most comfortable mattress she had ever slept on. The location of the hotel is very convienent being just off I-55. Overall I would recomend this hotel to anyone and would definitely stay at that location again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Monroe
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2009

Loved the high cellings and the whole room. Nice to have a good shower without having to wait forever for hot water. Beds were just right and having a choise of pillows was new. The only thing wrong was the floor lamp was not pluged in and a plug was not right there. Staff were most helpful even though they were in trianing. Like the restaurant but fould the service slow. The TV in the booth help that. The food was good and priced better than I exspected for a hotel restaurant. Breakfast was not complately free and this needs to be explain better .
Overall greatly enjoy our one night stay and will be staying there next time I am in town.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Alexandria, VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2009

These are easily the best Holiday Inn rooms I've stayed in. They've got high ceilings, granite bathrooms, flat panel tvs, great mattresses, upgraded carpet, many prints on the walls, and a generally very sophisticated feel. The only problem is that when they built the hotel last May, they didn't do a great job on some of the finish work. The caulking around the bathtub is sloppy, there are bubbles in the wallpaper, and drip lines all over the paint in the bathroom. Even in the room, the glass table tops were dirty, there was a light bulb missing in the lamp, and the a/c and all lamps were unplugged from the wall. None of these would be reasons to not stay here, but if the hotel is not careful these brand new rooms are going to show their age way before they're due.

The only other thing that bugged me is that even though the front desk is friendly, they do have a very individual interpretation of the Priority Club program. We paid $95 for our room, and they would not accept our Priority Club # to accumulate points or get a breakfast benefit (we our gold members) as they said "our rate did not qualify" for any benefits. Priority Club points are supposed to be awarded on ALL room rates - even still, if you're going to be a Holiday Inn franchise in a small town in Mississippi, a room rate of $95 should be appreciated, no matter how high-end you're trying to market your property.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank saxorob
MO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2008

My husband and I stayed one night at this hotel en route to a wedding further south. We were impressed by the size and cleanliness of the room, especially the high ceilings which gave a nice, open feeling. When we reached our final destination, we realized that we had left our road atlas and a rather expensive pair of prescription eyeglasses. I called the hotel and nothing had turned up. On the way back through Batesville, we decided to stop in and check, though honestly we were pretty pessimistic that our property had been found/turned in. What a relief to find that the glasses and the atlas had both been turned in! The glasses would have cost several hundred dollars to replace, and we were relieved that someone had been honest enough to turn them in.

Stayed December 2008
1 Thank Brody79
travelchick
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2008

I Stayed for three nights at this hotel. The experience was AMAZING. We had a really sweet blonde check us in and tell us everything that we might need to know about the hotel and where some things around the area were. When we got to our room it was BEAUTIFUL, smelled good, and had a great view to be in such a small town. We had a few drinks in the lounge where we met the sweetest bartender ever. Later we drove around and everytime we left or came back the same little desk clerk said "Y'all be safe" or "Welcome back." It just felt like this Hotel had their own little community going on inside and they were more than happy to welcome us in, wait on us, and make sure that everything we wanted or needed was taken care of. Ill never stay anywhere else in Batesville.

• Liked — The friendly staff
  • Disliked — the limited food selection on menu in restraunt
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
HI2008, manager at Holiday Inn Batesville, responded to this review, October 20, 2008
Here at the Holiday Inn we strive to meet every guest requirements upon arrival at the hotel.We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay with us a satisfying one.Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Vijay Vaghela
Nashville
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2008

We arrived at the hotel and checked in. The front desk clerk was very nice. I got on the elevator and it didn't move, mind you, I had two small children with me and they were starting to panic. I got off the elevator and the clerk said that it didn't work but there was no sign on the elevator. The room appeared new and very clean except for the used towel and soap that was left from the previous occupants. I told this to the clerk as we were leaving after we checked in and when we returned the room had been freshen up. The next day we decided to eat at the onsite resturant and the food was plentiful and good. I asked if the kids ate free and was told no only for the breakast buffet. Even though this is all on the pamplets, we didn't question it any further and paid for the kids meal. The next day we went in for the breakfast buffet and was told that is was only on the weekends and the kids would have to pay. I told my husband that we would seat somewhere else so he went to the car and I checked out. The clerk said why don't you stay and eat because the kids eat free. I told her that I was charged for my meal the previous day and she called the manager to get it resolved. The manager came and ask me if I had the receipt and I told her it was paid by cash so I had thrown it away. She proceeded to tell me that she couldn't fix it unless she had it. Well, this offended us and we decided not to eat there and left. They offered us nothing and we took as if they didn't believe us! This was all over less than $10.00 and they wouldn't make it right! I will stay at the Hampton Inn next time because at least I know that kids eat free for breakfast!

• Stayed May 2008
      Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HI2008, General Manager at Holiday Inn Batesville, responded to this review, October 20, 2008
I'm concerned about the cleanliness and restaurant issues you experienced during your recent visit. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy.
The Restaurant Manager has been notified about the staff.

Please accept my sincere apology.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Vijay Vaghela
Also consider these accommodations in or near Batesville
Hampton Inn Batesville
Days Inn Batesville
#7 of 8 in Batesville
TownePlace Suites Oxford
Holiday Inn Express Oxford

Been to Holiday Inn Batesville? Share your experiences!