“Eventful stay”

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Batesville
Oxford, MS
“Eventful stay”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

The day, September 28, 2012, I visited this hotel in Batesville, MS, the desk clerk asked for my credit card and when I asked if my card would be charged for the 2 nights then, I was told 'no' BUT appartently my card was charged for both nights. I was given a key card to my room but that night when I attempted to enter my room, the card did not work! I had to get on the elevator, visit the front desk again to get another key card. This one worked BUT the next day the same thing happened--the key card didn't work! Why can't they give you a working key card which will last your entire stay? Also, folks be sure to check their website for other rates. There's a statement on this hotel's website stating "if you find a lower rate at a different brand hotel your 1st night is free" but this statement doesn't always apply to every rate. I found out this statement didn't apply to my rate when I was checking out---sooo another statement should be posted saying this statement doesn't apply to ALL rates. Not sure I'll stay at this HI again. I've stayed in other states' HI's but never had any issues.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank 1967grad
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Batesville, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear 1967grad,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Batesville.

Karen G.
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
PA
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Stayed there for 3 nights recently when I was in town for a job interview in the area. I did not pay for my stay, and I don't know what they charge, so I can't speak to it pricewise. What I can say is that I found the hotel to be very clean - including the grounds, lobby and room. The staff was professional and accommodating. The room was quiet as there were no interruptions from anyone in another room or from someone walking down the hall. I slept very well - the bed was very comfortable. The restaurant provided breakfast and dinner. Prices were average. I've stayed at Holiday Inn's before, but this was definitely the nicest.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank txgirlinpa
Holiday Inn B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Batesville, responded to this review, September 15, 2016
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

Quiet and clean accommodations. Good to know there is a reliable place to stay in this area.

• Stayed May 2012
3 Thank JanieDL
Jackson, Mississippi
Reviewed May 16, 2012

room was spacious, but bed linens did not feel like they were made of cotton and were too short. No free breakfast, so the rate is just for the room and it isn't that great. There is a restaurant in the lobby, but it is expensive for what you get.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank lmdallas
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Batesville, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Dear lmdallas,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review. We are deeply sorry you found our hotel less than satisfactory. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Jaime W
brooklyn
Reviewed April 18, 2012

The hotel is overpriced and you don't get free breakfast. Also even though I gave plenty of notice that I could only stay one night instead of the original two nights (I let them know the morning after I spent the first night) the clerk said i had to pay a $110 penalty. And she wouldn't get her management until I started making a fuss. Finally management relented and said I wouldn't have to pay the penalty. But still, their attitude sucks.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank brian g
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Batesville, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Dear brian g,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received service which was unacceptable. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
Blytheville, Arkansas
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Great hotel with modern spacious rooms. Very comfortable beds and pillows. Staff was friendly and helpful. Easy on and off I-55 if you're traveling through.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Olemiss1975
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed March 23, 2012

Nice staff- nice rooms- clean- modern. I'd stay again!

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank budpaine
Also consider these accommodations in or near Batesville
Hampton Inn Batesville
Days Inn Batesville
#7 of 8 in Batesville
Holiday Inn Express Oxford
Hampton Inn Oxford-West

Been to Holiday Inn Batesville? Share your experiences!