Blue Footprints Eco-Lodge
Casa do Capitao(Inhambane Province)
$124
Travelocity
  • Pool
Sentidos Beach Retreat(Praia da Barra)
$402
$299
Priceline
TripAdvisor
Barra Lodge(Inhambane Province)
Jeff's Palm Resort(Inhambane Province)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsevery morningwhale sharksseafoodpeaceful placeocean safarithank you so muchbarra beachamazing placespectacular viewslocal environmentbreakfast and dinnerfresh juicesandy dunesyour eyescourse mealeither directionwhole team
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 29, 2014

We have had the privilege of staying at Blue Footprints for 2 weeks. The views are breath-taking, we could not get enough of it. Every morning we would eat breakfast over looking the ocean and needed to pinch ourselves.
The setting was so relaxing, the staff is super friendly and every night we were spoilt with a delicious 3 course meal! We loved having the option to either take a quick walk down to the beach, only a stones throw away or have a splash in the pool instead.
This is the perfect place to relax and unwind and reconnect with nature and your soul.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Our stay was lovely. Food was brilliant, and the privacy of being in a boutique lodge was really special. Ad there is the further piece of mind knowing that you are staying in such an environmentally responsible lodge. I love the beach however, and playing in the waves. I was a little sad to find all of the rocks in front of the lodge. It's not great for swimming right in front and I found that we had to walk a long way every morning to get a sandier beach.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ang988
Reviewed January 5, 2014

As a boutique guesthouse & restuarant owner and avid traveller, I tend to walk into other establishments and immediately make mental notes of things that need improvement or even just things I'd have done differently (annoying, but I cant help myself). I can honestly say this is the first place I have ever been where I would not have changed a single thing!

I could gush on for paragraphs about the wonderful hospitality, the fabulous location, comfortable rooms, etc.... but I'll try to boil it down to the highlights:
- staff were warm & friendly and attentive without being intrusive, and had that rare ability to anticipate things you might want before you even realised you wanted them
- the casitas are beautifully constructed and include everything you need - and nothing you dont (no random bits of useless furniture or ethnic-y gew gaws like so many other places). simple perfection. beautiful showers overlooking the sea!
- the food....well, hands down the best I had during my 12 days in Mozambique. The chef was using highest quality fresh ingredients and let the natural elements speak for themselves without cluttering the plate with fussy sauces or frilly garnishes.
- the secluded location on the beach was pure paradise for me. I was traveling alone and seeking peace and quiet, so I can see that this might not be an ideal location for people wanting nightlife.

A huge thank you to Liz, Lisa and all the staff who made my stay so memorable...and I will be back!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 11, 2013

This is a fantastic, magic place that we can warmly recommend! Outstanding from all point of views including the service that is warm and friendly in a relaxed manner at the level of any 5 star European hotel. Simply brilliant. We are a couple from Swenden, statyed 6 nights in November and wish we can come back soon.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 28, 2013

This beautiful situated lodge is one true fairytale. The most impressing thing might be sitting on the veranda of your own bungalow, watching an amazing view on the sea and then spotting some whales. Liz, Lisa and the whole staff will welcome you with heartwarming kindness and you immediately feel at home. Although everything is solar powered and eco friendly you won't miss anything. There's warm water and enough power to charge all your belongings. The rooms are amazing, all with this astonishing view on the beach, clean, enough space and super comfortable. The food is excellent and Liz and Lisa will do everything possible to make your stay unique and unforgettable. This is a perfect location for honeymooners. But also for scuba divers an absolute must see. Liz and Lisa can recommend the diving schools nearby and will arrange everything for you. Thank you for everything! It truly was unforgettable and simply amazing.

• Stayed: November 2013