I stayed at the motel last weekend (7-9 March) and also had the unpleasant fire alarm issue. And there were some problems with the room - the cigarette burns on the carpet, unknown stains. Low water pressure and 2 settings on the air con - freezing and sweltering.
But let's be serious - for a double room we paid under $100 a night with incredibly easy connections into the city and friendly helpful staff. And, in the morning there was orange juice cereal and milk in the fridge for breakfast! There was also some bread but after Friday night I stayed well clear of the toaster! So all in all it was good value.