Days Inn Worthington
Travelocity
$89
Sibley Inn(Sibley)
$72
Northland Inn Motel(Spirit Lake)
$80
$85
Travelocity
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
All reviewsroom was cleanstaff was very friendly and helpfulcontinental breakfastlong storynice breakfastwould stay here againgreat place to staygood nights sleepchaintaxfreewaymicrowaveminnesota
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 24, 2011

This is a great place right off the highway, which is perfect for when traveling. I had room with king bed which was very nice and clean. They even have lcd tv's in the rooms. Having a fridge and microwave was very convenient. I will definitely be back here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Roger P
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Enjoyed my stay at the Days Inn. The front desk personnel were very nice and helpful. The rooms were wonderful! Very clean with a nice layout. My room had a refrigerator, Microwave, Coffee Maker, Ironing board and a NICE Flat Screen TV. The breakfast in the morning was great. There was a wide variety of items to choose from. I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 21, 2011

After paying for a two-night stay, I "post" screened the room for unwelcome guests (aka bedbugs). We were given room 108. It didn't take but one look to find the tell tale signs of an infestation. There were ink-like marks on the bedskirting and corners of the fitted sheet. Once the sheets were pulled back, it was evident that bedbugs had been feasting on unsuspecting guests for some time. There were bugs of various ages scattering about the corners of the mattress and on the box spring.

I approached the women behind the front desk who quickly asked me to show her the bugs. As we walked back to the room, she asked if the bugs were big or small. (did it really matter?). Either way, she confirmed the infestation and offered to give us another room - directly across the hall.

I sheepishly asked for a refund, explaining I didn't feel comfortable staying in the same building. She initially refused, stating that I had signed the agreement already and had already paid. After a short debate, her husband (again... assumed) appeared from the back room and told her to refund the money.

I felt bad for the couple, as the bedbug epidemic has really dealt a crushing blow to the hotel industry. However, it did appear that the infestation was not a new one.

Room Tip: PRE-screen ALL hotels. Not just this one.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank MBP M
danstawart, General Manager at Days Inn Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2011

first We would like to response to this false comments made by this guest.It is very hard to pleased every guest. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying.  Immediate action was taken after the incident was reported and we had Plunkett Pest Control come to the hotel on September 18, 2011. Following the standard protocol they serviced the room on September 18th, did a thorough inspection and service those rooms.  Plunkett provided their report after their research and inspection and confirmed that there is no bed bug activity. A copy of their report can be provided to support their findings. Please rest assured, as a routine, we will be diligently checking this room as well as all other areas of the hotel. And we look forward to service everyone in future. again we do not have any kind of bedbug activity in our hotel.

Reviewed September 3, 2011

Upon check in the front desk lady merley chucked a piece of paper at me and told me to 'fill this out', yet she failed to give me a pen. Maybe i wouldnt have minded if she had noticed or said Please may you fill this out, with a smile or something. But i fished around behind the desk to find my own pen as she had already answered a personal phone call and was ignoring what was going on in front of her. So. First impressions were written down as terrible. Then we get thrown a key to a room and we drive off round. The rooms themselves arnt that bad, apart from it says microwave and fridge, yet there is only one plug socket, so it is microwave OR fridge. you decide.
We are on a road trip, so have been booking up the next night the night before on our laptop. So we attempt to go on the internet, yet can not find a connection. So i head down to the front desk, it works fine in the lobby. Yet when i question the front des lady at why i can not get internet access in my room she states that the WHOLE Wifi is down for the evening. No apology.
So why can i get it in the lobby then? She just looks at me and repeats that the WHOLE wifi is down. I look at her bemused and say it again that it works in the lobby therefore it can't all be down. she seems to ignore me and carries on with what ever she was doing.
As I was walking out of the lobby the gentleman in the queue behind me also had to hand back his key (that i presume he had been given only minutes before) to the lady and say that the room he has been given is already occupied. She replyed with, are you sure? Of course he is sure, I don't immagine he is going to pretend that he has just walked in to someone elses room whilst they were in it.
So overall the general impression of the hotel is a bad one and would not reccomend it if on the road passing through. Try somewhere else, maybe you will get treated with a bit more respect from the front desk staff.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Lucy P
danstawart, Owner at Days Inn Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2011

Thank you for your comments. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. I also appreciate your prompt notification of the problem.

We have addressed those issues with our team members and are also re-training them on "Guest Service”. Our pride has been that we strive to go beyond our guest's expectations and clearly we did not fulfill that in this situation.

As far as the internet is concerned, please know that our internet service was down that day. However, due to the strong signal of nearby business, guests were able to log on if they were in our lobby area.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit. If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 507 376 6155.

RP....General Manager.

Reviewed August 17, 2011

Really not much other options since most of the other nicer places had no non-suite rooms. Manager is a bit arrogant, but the room was nice ... evidently recently remodeled.

The place is off the beaten path, but the bed, blanket and sheets were comfy. Free wi-fi.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank elbojbb

Thank you for the feedback and sharing your experiences at our hotel. We have completely remodeled our hotel with new carpeting, beds and painted all rooms. We also introduced 32 inch LCD Flat Panel TVs alongwith some other new amenities.

When problems or issues are reported during the stay, we make sure that a fix is provided right away. However, it is hard to fix problems when they are addressed after a guest stay. The sooner we are notified the faster we can address and find resolutions.

The rates were high due to the high demand and the event "Sturgis Bike Rally" in the area. We had competitive rates that were in line with our competition.

RP....General Manager