Super 8 Worthington Minnesota
Very Good 4/5
Excellent 5/5
Sibley Inn(Sibley)
Great 4.5/5
Northland Inn Motel(Spirit Lake)
Good 3.5/5
  • Pool
Good 3.5/5
All reviewsmy favoriteroom was cleanplace to sleeptop floorjointerstatelegchexitdog
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 13, 2014

The people there are friendly and nice and they did a great job accommodating my family and I. We are a big family 5 kids a dog, my husband I. They gave us a great rate (finally a place where we can afford). And they only charged us half price for the dog. The lady at the front desk was nice and sweet and she was up and ready at 5:30 preparing breakfast. It looks like the owners found a great manger. She was doing mostly everything by herself we left around 11 and she was the one cleaning the rooms with her husband. I do think that everyone should go to this motel and meet the nice people working there.

The room was clean and my children were asleep within 10 min. This place isn't for the snoopy people who expect way to much, but it is a place for a family who just wanted a good night sleep and nice people to help them out.

With all this said I would say that it was worth the stop and it is right off of the intersection so it is convenient for us as well.

Room Tip: Third floor was quite and warm
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 19, 2014

At check in, it was obvious after a quick look that the sheets had not been changed in both beds. The sheets were rumpled, and hair and lint was found on the sheets and pillows on both beds. When we took all of our luggage back down to the front desk, there was no apology of any kind and we were issued keys to another room. There was clean bedding on these beds and the creases were still in the sheets.

The following morning while loading up, I had to push the drifted snow away from the door in order to exit and had to walk through the snow at both this entrance and the main entrance. At check out, I mentioned the issue about not changing sheets and the front desk associate said she would talk to the housekeeper. Once again, no apology was made and it seemed as if my comment was no surprise, which makes me wonder if this is standard operating procedures for this property.

Several signs that they are trying to cut costs at every corner, regardless of guest inconvenience include the following: no heat on in room (very cold), clock radio not plugged in, refrigerator not turned on, no entryways/driveways cleared with a snowplow or even shoveled, sheets not changed.......

I would not recommend this property, but if you do take a chance, be sure to check the sheets first!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 24, 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Reviewed January 10, 2014

We were in town to visit a relative in the hospital. When we got to the hotel there were NO cars. This had my husband and I concerned. However, I was greeted by a very polite clerk. The only problem was that our reservation said it had been booked online and there were two of us. I informed her I had talked to someone and booked it on the phone, but I had mentioned the online pricing and that we were a family. Do to fire regulations we had one of the kids stay with my dad in a different hotel in the area. The next day we spent a fair amount of time in the lobby visiting (much nicer than the hospital.) we again were told of the fire laws, only four in the room. This was fine, however there is no bathroom in the lobby area so we periodically have to go up to the room for restroom purposes.
We stayed on a couple of the coldest days in the last 18yrs and the room was very comfortable AND quiet since we were the only ones there it appeared.
The morning we were to leave my car wouldn't start (it was -21) so my dad came to jump the car. We tried for over an hour and they (Jo and another young man) were gracious to let us have a later checkout. It turns out we had to jump the young man's car too(:

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I had a problem with my car and the mgr came out to see if he could help. Nice people and nice place.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
worthingtonsuper8, Manager at Super 8 Worthington Minnesota, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

We are glad you had a good experience with us, thank you for taking the time to give us a good review. We appreciate your business and hope to see back in Worthington in the near future.