“Great choice in Worthington”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Worthington
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Worthington
Reviewed December 6, 2011

Sure, it's a chain, but the value for $$$ is good. Worthington does not have many good places to stay, but this is a place I would stay again no doubt. The room was immaculately clean, and the bed was comfortable. Other than some very minor noise from the highway (which is remarkable, considering it is almost on the freeway!), I heard nothing in my room. Not a peep from any adjacent room, and this is very important to me in a hotel. I got a good nights sleep. The breakfast (free) was surprisingly good. Enough choices for anyone, I would think. Fresh waffles, fruit, sausage, eggs (scrambled patties and hardboiled), yogurt, cereals, muffins, toast, sweet rolls, juices, coffee and tea. Well presented and clean too.

People working at the desk were uniformly polite, and friendly. Can't ask for more.

I'll be back next time I'm in the area!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank mnrose1
NancyAmericInnGM, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Worthington, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2012

z .0

It's important to us that our guests have a quiet, clean room and that staff helps to make you feel at home. That's whats important at this hometown Americinn. Please visit us again and remember we always have the coffee on!

Nancy Vaske, Gm

........................................................................................................

Reviewed October 11, 2011

This hotel is a little dated and dark, but there is an excellent pool facility so if you have a yearning to swim or you have little ones, it's great. It's right next to a Perkins, which seems to be a very popular spot in town. The room was clean but dated...could use some decorating updating. However, the breakfast items at the buffet were pretty good. The staff was friendly. The bed could have been more comfortable. We thought the room was pricey for the quality but I'm not sure there's much choice to be had in Worthington. This location is close to shopping if you have need of that.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ah_bah

Thank you for your kind comments. We love to hear how our guests feel about their stay. We are very proud of the complete remodel we did in November of 2010 and glad you enjoyed our pool. We hope you will come and stay with us again.

Nancy Vaske,GM

Reviewed August 3, 2011

Very adequate. Parts were a little dated (halls) , but more than acceptable. Very friendly and helpful staff. Absolutely the best pool and hot tub of our whole trip (8 hotels). Spacious and very very clean pool area. And gotta love a Walmart across the street for those forgotten items. Make sure not to get a room right behind the open breakfast area ... I imagine it would be a little noisy in the mornings. Also, there are 2 floors and no elevator.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank travelingmomma

We love people to have fun in our pool and to hear they had a good stay. We are lucky to have good shopping and restaurants close by. See you again. Thanks for staying with us.

Nancy vaske,GM

Reviewed July 22, 2011

We were traveling along I90 in Minnesota and needed a place to stay. Everywhere was filled. It was late. We called the AmericInn in Worthington and they had one room left. What luck we were in.

This hotel was clean, the staff extremely friendly and the room was fairly large. The breakfast was great. This hotel was a good value.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Thehug

We are glad we had a room available when you called. I have a wonderful staff of people from our hometown who really do enjoy their jobs and guests just as much. Thank you for the great comments!

Nancy Vaske, GM

Reviewed July 10, 2011

I was reluctant to stay here because I'd been at another Americinn somewhere along I80 two years ago. It was dated, not very clean, and noisy being next to the Interstate. So, I was pleasantly surprised when I went in. This one has been updated and must be soundproofed also. I hear NO noise from the Interstate, got a great night's sleep, and was super comfortable. The only reason that I don't give this one a 5 is because their WIFI is spotty at best. I had a tough time connecting and it was somewhat frustrated. The person at the front desk was very helpful and tried to do all she could to remedy the problem but it sounds like this has been a problem in the past and continues to be. They need a technician to fix it I think. Other than that, I'm super happy with the whole experience. It's also pet friendly which was great for me as I'm traveling with my small dog.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Karla56
Reviewed May 29, 2009

Public areas are quite pleasant, the continental breakfast is very good, and the staff is friendly. The one-story lodging area is a somewhat gloomy corridor flanked by rooms that, if ours was typical, are clean and relatively comfortable but a bit tired. When we were there the wireless internet didn't work, though in fairness it must be noted that the staff did their best, and even let me fiddle around with their cable modem connection (might have made matters worse!) trying to arrange a fix. In all, a serviceable stop in a part of the world without a large number of options, and certainly it was inexpensive. At the end of a long day's drive, however, it was something of a letdown --

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Itinerant_scholar
Management response:Responded February 15, 2011

We here at Americinn in Worthington are so pleased to announce that we have been completely renovated in November of 2010. We are very proud of our new look and have so much to offer our guests. We have a large pool and whirlpool area. Our Americinn Perk Breakfast has been upgraded and so has our lobby. Guest rooms have new carpet, furniture, and have been freshly painted in a whole new color palette. We look great! Stop in for a cup of coffee and see our new look. We would love to show you around.

Nancy Vaske

Reviewed May 20, 2009

In May 2009 my husband and I stayed at this property. It is an older motel and I wondered about the property but was pleasantly surprised. It is an older motel but has been well maintained. The rooms have older furniture but all in great condition and the rooms are very large. The staff were very friendly and professional helping hold doors when bringing in luggage, as an example. I would recomment this without a doubt. Plus, there is a restaurant (I think Perkins right next door and some other places to eat. Pluse easy on and off highway.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple